Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saccone Joly's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

cena wrote: »
    Sure he wants to move to L.A. The wife gets annoying. She wouldn't know what a hard days work is.

On the contrary. She was a successful blogger before he was. She has a makeup channel, works as a stylist & has a book out.

Honestly, I respect that they've been able to make a successful business out of it all, I don't necessarily agree with everything they do, but they're creaming it & I'm not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭cena

They weren't getting the views like are now before that american came onto there vlogs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

FTA69 wrote: »
    Anyone who calls their mam "mom" in Ireland is in need of a clatter.

So, Cork people then?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

I watch these guys every evening! to be honest I don't really know why or what the attraction is...and I wouldn't really tell anyone about it because it sounds like a strange thing to watch every day! its my secret guilty pleasure!

I remember seeing a video about four years ago and thinking, what is this crap? but about a year later I watched a whole video, then I had to watch the video from the day before to see what they were talking about, then I ended up watching the next day and it just continued from there! I just wanted to know what they were up to every day...

I love how they are Irish and have lots of "Irishness" in their vlogs, it is like they are showcasing real Ireland to a global audience. bits of nostalgia from Ireland in the eighties and nineties comes up a good bit, a couple of Irish words are thrown in, we see Irish weather and hear Irish accents, that kind of stuff.... I am a bit disappointed that they are moving to England and that will be lost. I really hope they come back after their year there, I don't want their kids growing up with an English accent!

Maybe it is just that their videos are fairly positive and lighthearted, 15 minutes of Jonathon is enough I definitely couldn't live with someone like that but he is a nice guy and I enjoy him in the videos, it is a bit uplifting somehow. otherwise I guess I may watch the videos because I am at an age where babies and having a family is interesting to me, their daughter Emilia is so cute, she says her brothers name as "Ardo" and it is adorable...

You Tube and vlogging is all about community and the Saccone Joly's have a little You Tube Community and viewers are part of that, I think that would be an attraction for many people, the feeling of inclusiveness.

Anyway, this is far too long. I will not really admit to watching these guys in real life but I am a bit addicted, long live the Saccone Joly Vlogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Sure he wants to move to L.A. The wife gets annoying. She wouldn't know what a hard days work is.

Maybe they know that? Maybe they know they're not cut out for physical work or tough demanding jobs and that is why they have chosen to do what they do.

• Advertisement

Dya know, I was just thinking, I wonder will Jonathon or Anna find and read this thread...

If so I would like to send them a positive message and say that they are doing well and fair play to them. They are showing off our country in a desirable light and they have an attitude that should be more visible in everyone.

What I think would be a bit of fun is if Jonathan or Anna do read this they could maybe give a little wink in their next video or something to acknowledge this thread and that they have some fans on this thread! Or maybe they could slip in a code word! Jonathan loves a good "word". So, I challenge him to say..........Dinnnerliciousness and give a wink the next time he is making dinner! come on Jonathon Do It! :-)

Dya know, I was just thinking, I wonder will Jonathon or Anna find and read this thread...

If so I would like to send them a positive message and say that they are doing well and fair play to them. They are showing off our country in a desirable light and they have an attitude that should be more visible in everyone.

What I think would be a bit of fun is if Jonathan or Anna do read this they could maybe give a little wink in their next video or something to acknowledge this thread and that they have some fans on this thread! Or maybe they could slip in a code word! Jonathan loves a good "word". So, I challenge him to say..........Dinnnerliciousness and give a wink the next time he is making dinner! come on Jonathon Do It! :-)
    Way don't you send a link to his twitter

Way don't you send a link to his twitter

Excellent Idea! But I don't really want to reveal my boards identity :rolleyes:

Excellent Idea! But I don't really want to reveal my boards identity :rolleyes:

You'll be grand. You Amy even get more following you

You'll be grand. You Amy even get more following you

I don't use twitter to have people follow me, i use it more to keep up to date with friends and world news. You should tweet him, it was your good idea after all!

• Advertisement

I don't use twitter to have people follow me, i use it more to keep up to date with friends and world news. You should tweet him, it was your good idea after all!

I don't follow him sorry.

But do see they are over to look at houses. They made it sound like they already had a house in there vids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

I think he's probably media savvy enough to have a google alert set up for his name.

Yeah, sounds like they have chosen their house in England! Although it is funny, in his video last night (or the night before) he was talking about how he plans to do up their back garden to have a dog section and the rest for Emilia and Eduardo...so they may still have it in their heads to definitely come back or perhaps they will spend some time in Ireland still? It's the Irish connection that makes me watch them more avidly than any other vlogger...

I think there should be a board on boards for You Tube, like there is for Television. And then there can be discussion threads for different You Tube Channels. Not sure to what extent the rest of Ireland has abandoned television and watches everything online including You Tube like I have though.

Yeah, sounds like they have chosen their house in England! Although it is funny, in his video last night (or the night before) he was talking about how he plans to do up their back garden to have a dog section and the rest for Emilia and Eduardo...so they may still have it in their heads to definitely come back or perhaps they will spend some time in Ireland still? It's the Irish connection that makes me watch them more avidly than any other vlogger...

I think there should be a board on boards for You Tube, like there is for Television. And then there can be discussion threads for different You Tube Channels. Not sure to what extent the rest of Ireland has abandoned television and watches everything online including You Tube like I have though.
    They are only renting the house they are in. I really can't see the owner holding on there house for a year unless the well still pay the rent in the house while living in london

They are only renting the house they are in. I really can't see the owner holding on there house for a year unless the well still pay the rent in the house while living in london

Ah okay, I was never really sure if they owned it or were renting it. its just confusing when he talks about doing up the garden and they had bought Emilia a bed (although perhaps that is moving with them).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eightisgood

zetalambda wrote: »
    Yeah but you don't have to prostitute yourself on YouTube.

How is doing what you enjoy prostituting yourself? Youtube and making videos is a hobby, and one that they did for years before their babies were born. They were just smart enough and ahead of the game enough to figure out they could make a living doing what they love, something 90% of the people here probably could not say.

I am sure most people giving them grief here are just jealous. I for one love their videos and many other YouTuber's videos because they make me happy, they literally make hundreds of thousands of people happy and make people's days better, how can anyone fault them?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Wtf... just looked at some of their stuff. Who watches that crap.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

He is camp as a row of tents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

I understand why people put up endless streams of shíte on youtube. To get attention and make money. But who the hell watches it all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I understand why people put up endless streams of shíte on youtube. To get attention and make money. But who the hell watches it all ?

Me for one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

BrianJD wrote: »
    Me for one!

Why ? What's interesting or entertaining about really bad actors trying way too hard to be "wacky" and interesting videoing every mundane thing that happens to them during their day ?

I don't get it. If it was a celebrity and you want to see how the other half lives then I get it. If it was someone who was hilarious and everything he did was comedy gold I'd get it. If it was someone doing something most people wouldnt do like living in a hut in the mountains I'd get it.

But its not. Its the annoying clown down the road doing what everyone else is doing but pretending its something worth seeing. And he's making a living off it because people watch him do what they do while being fake and annoying while doing it. Baffles me it really does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I've not watched any of these videos.

I'm going to assume that the video follows a family who try to portray their lives as 'wacky', 'awesome' and 'epic' because they're such great people and definately better parents/people/humans then the rest of us.

This vlog Americanised faux persona thing that Youtube had bred makes for terrible, terrible people.

Edit: Oh my sweet baby Jesus. https://www.facebook.com/#!/JonathanPatrickJoly?fref=ts He even have a 'cool' tribal tattoo.

Had to look them up there. There is absolutely no way I'd watch that muck. If someone was to get the wife to do eh something more interesting on camera, I could be persuaded to watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I'm in my fifties, and after I heard young people talking about the Saccone Jolys, I had a look at a few of the vids - because they were Irish.

I saw all the footage of when the American couple and their baby came to visit - and many international viewers were far more impressed with Jonathan than they were with the U.S. Dad - Benjy (it's kind of sad that I know his name!).

It may be drivel, but it's fairly harmless drivel, and they seem like nice people.

Not sure how the London move will work out - sure I might have to watch the odd new episode!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

what part of Cork were they living in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Christ. I just watched two minutes of this garbage.

Yer man would make Jedward seem like a pair of philosophers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

larrlin24 wrote: »
    Anyone catch Jonathan Joly's interview this morning on RTE about making money from Youtube? I've always wondered what people here thought of them. Not sure I agree with them filming their kids and essentially taking away their anonymity at such a young age when they really have no say in the matter. What are your opinions on them and what they do for a living?

(For people that don't know them, they're a family living in Cork that make daily videos of their lives. It's now become their full time job!)

I have been waiting and waiting for someone to make thread about these two.

They seem nice people.

Teenage girls leave bizarrely aggressive comments on her beauty channel for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Phoenix wrote: »
    So what part of America is yer man from?

Terenure!

Advertisement