Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Didn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, a couple of people said the same.

Either the code had to be used yesterday or it could only be used X amount of times.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aenaes wrote: »
    Yeah, a couple of people said the same.

Either the code had to be used yesterday or it could only be used X amount of times.

I used it about 1800 yesterday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/mission-may-2015/

30 gold a day for winning random battles for the month of May.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aww, the Berlin vehicles are only for sale, the mission reward is just a Tetrarch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Spear wrote: »
    Aww, the Berlin vehicles are only for sale, the mission reward is just a Tetrarch.

Are they premiums then? Have you any more information about them or a link?

I notice they still haven't released the news regarding the special beginning tomorrow.

I notice they still haven't released the news regarding the special beginning tomorrow.

They are premium but do not get premium matchmaking. It appears that WG are ending Prem MM. No info on pricing yet.

Here are some reviews:

Cromwell: Apparently more maneuverable than the current Cromwell.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zPEGaOmrgI

T-35 Rudy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkN4b1SZLkM

IS-2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVJHGq4CDo8

I've bought the pack of all three.

So far I've only tried the Cromwell B. It doesn't have preferential MM, and does see tier 8s. But to compensate for it having the real world QF 75mm, they boosted the penetration to the same as the otherwise elite gun, the 77HV.

So it's got 145 pen, 130 damage. It's still got Cromwell speed, mobility and gun depression, along with more traverse apparently.

Playing it, it feels aking to the E-25 for me at least. You're nippy, but fragile, and you peck targets to death with a rapid fire, okay pen gun.

It doesn't seem to earn that well though. A reasonable win only nets me 30k or so.

All of the tanks in the pack have a female crew style zeroeth skill of BIA.

I haven't touched the IS-2 and Rudy yet.

But with the x5 XP mission for each of them, they just rake in the crew XP or convertable XP.

This is the actual Cromwell that's modelled in game:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the x5 is only 5 times per tank per account btw.

wanted the cromwell, but not giving them 30e for some gold and a t6 premium.

and DEFFO not gonna spend 60 on the good deal. no way am i givn these useless kunts 60e.

game is gone so bad, anyone seen the 9.7 bug with invisible tanks. couple replays on reddit and youtube, fookin unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I was temped by the IS-2 with the goal to have the crew end up being the IS-7 crew but it's one loader short for that :(

Considered the Rudy to use the crew for the 430 but I hate mediums in general so not really worth it for me.

A mate sent me these photos...he was flying to the US and had wifi onboard so decided to try play WoT.
    17243233030_9195059c9a_z.jpgWorld of Tanks on a plane!! by tearbringer, on Flickr
    He logged in no bother, here you can see the inflight map and the time to arrival.
    17404783586_dc69037066_z.jpgWhich server should I select? by tearbringer, on Flickr

He thought to play a heavy as he knew he may have issues with ping and FPS.....bugger!
    17244552619_bfa3db500f_z.jpgOh thats not good,even in a Churchill by tearbringer, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Is the Cent 7/1 a largely under-appreciated facehugger?

I seem to be coming out on top most of the time anytime a T-54 or WZ-120 slams into me ina facehugging match.

I guess it sort of makes sense as the Cent 7/1 has a very shallow commander's cupola, in comparison to the T-54 or WZ-120 whose cupolas are relatively easy targets at point blank range for the Cent 7/1's cannon.

Yet again and again T-54s and WZ-120 seem hell bent on facehugging me if we're dueling at close range:).

Aw, still no Cent AX or Chieftain even in 9.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

"very soon"

wouldnt hold my breath!

They just released the ASAP/KTTS video, so the patch must be essentially ready to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aw, still no Cent AX or Chieftain even in 9.9.
    Well I'm 180k away from unlocking my 215b so I'm happy to have more time for that one (but the T9 heavy is really annoying; way too much medium disguised as a heavy for my taste; anything goes through it turret or bottom) :)

I really liked my time in the Conqueror. No, you can't put any faith in the armour, but the great gun and DPM was satisfying to use.

I really liked my time in the Conqueror. No, you can't put any faith in the armour, but the great gun and DPM was satisfying to use.
    I'm more an armor person; I loved my time in the T95, E3 etc. because you can properly push rather than bush hug with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Started this the other day. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I learned quickly that it's more about tactics and stealth to a degree, rather than guns blazing. Right now I'm just kinda upgrading anything I can and moving onto the next tank in a line. No idea what type suits me yet.

• Advertisement

The game seems to be about wearing you down grinding between tiers until you give in and spend money to get what you want. There's too many games in the matchmaking where you are completely out classed. I dunno what the ratio is but there's too many games where your just cannon fodder for the bigger tanks. You might be able to scout in a Stuart, or use the mega cannon in a P1z but a KV1 is useless 2 tiers above its tier.

Maybe I've no patience.

Something good to keep in mind perhaps is this mantra:

never give a sucker an even break.

If you find yourself in a fair right in this game, you've done something wrong. Track enemies when they're half way round houses and get see you. Track enemies with poor gun depression when they try and come over hills. Ram fast movers to track them and deprive them of their mobility. In short, be a complete bastard. And bring premium rounds for when that's not an option.

If you find yourself in a fair right in this game, you've done something wrong. ......And bring premium rounds for when that's not an option.

I would agree. I always have 10 rounds of premium ammo (and 4-6 HE) in all my tanks for when I run into higher tier tanks. I might still die but at least I will ensure that I deal some damage. Ignore the rage in chat, use credits to buy the Premium ammo....shooting Gold is silly.

And dont be afraid to use your teammates hitpoints instead of your own....let him go first and when the enemy shoots your teammate rush around and shoot.
    Caution will give you more wins than agression.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

One of the biggest things I've learned is to not be the dude at the front...

Also and this is tricky behaviour to break out of but don't be afraid to take a shot and leave or alternatively just stay in cover. All too often you can get hung up on a peak a boo fight. You can win but with no hit points left. It can be just as useful to take a shot and leave to shoot again from somewhere else. All too often the noob will just drive back and forth in and out of cover at the same spot and never stop to wonder why he was shot by everyone...

I think all the tactics in the world won't help you if the MM leaves you outmatched and the other guy is using gold all over the place.

beauf wrote: »
    I think all the tactics in the world won't help you if the MM leaves you outmatched and the other guy is using gold all over the place.

*shrugs* if that's the attitude you want to take then sure. But I'd ask if you're facing a tank that outclasses you then why are you staying there and fighting the tank that outclasses you?

I've played thousands of games at this stage and I don't find the game overly unfair in terms of matchmaking. For me the biggest deciding factor in a match are the team mates and whether they all drive about like headless chickens or not. No amount of gold improves stupidity.

I wasn't replying to you.

It was a general comment. In the last few weeks, something changed when playing mid tier, you get matched to tier +2 much more often now. Also arty has been come much more deadly. Its made playing mid tiers a real chore. If you are playing higher tiers its not an issue for you.

I'm taking a break so haven't played for a few weeks but I play 7-10 and mostly US tanks. Can't say I noticed any massive changes before I left but maybe you've answered yourself a few days back when you said maybe you've no patience...

beauf wrote: »
    I wasn't replying to you.

It was a general comment. In the last few weeks, something changed when playing mid tier, you get matched to tier +2 much more often now. Also arty has been come much more deadly. Its made playing mid tiers a real chore. If you are playing higher tiers its not an issue for you.

Thats a subjective statement, haven't see any discussion about this change to MM online.

And MM affects all tiers, arty are still deadly at tier 9-10 (I hear)

• Advertisement

A few others agreed with me on another forum. I don't see how you'd see a change , if you aren't playing for weeks, and/or not at that tier. By lack of patience I meant I don't have the patience for grinding if they've sucked all the fun out it. I guess the idea is to wear you down so you buy a premium. Today I got matched with my own tier about 50% of the time. Last couple of weeks its been like 10% of the time. Before that it was about 40% of the time.

Advertisement