Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Chieftain and AX Cent are now stated to come this year.

And the Japanese heavy line is appearing, with some ugly lumps among them:

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/06/mausmi-to-comparison.html
    http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/06/mi-to-150-japanese-tier-6.html
    http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/06/mi-to-100-japanese-tier-5.html

120mm gun at tier 5 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

FMS58V86BA - Bonus code for one day of Premium Account

M7F5SD6GDR - Another code for one day of Premium Account.

Both can work for the same account but the second one is a bit older so can't guarantee it will redeem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are they single use, or for everyone to use?

Edit: both exhausted.

Mass codes for everyone. The first was for reaching 100k followers on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

e50 game, average enough game, 5500 damage, 4 kills, but one of which is a 910 damage ram kill!! worth the watch for that alone!

http://wotreplays.com/site/1972957#overlord-copeyhagen-e_50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

copeyhagen wrote: »
    e50 game, average enough game, 5500 damage, 4 kills, but one of which is a 910 damage ram kill!! worth the watch for that alone!

http://wotreplays.com/site/1972957#overlord-copeyhagen-e_50

You were going for 3 ram kills there at the end weren't you? :)
    Nice game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    You were going for 3 ram kills there at the end weren't you? :)
    Nice game.

Cheers. yep, haha i wanted to jump off the cliff, would have been an epic finish but he got plugged before. if i didnt autoaim and hit him as i approached i could maybe have got him.

i wonder is there a medal for 3 ram kills, like the 3 arty kills one.

e50 just bullies when its top tier. bought the e50m, its cool, but wouldnt sell my e50 to buy it, thats a keeper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Completed my personal goal of unlocking & buying every normal tier X TD on Saturday night (got all normal TDs and heavies now, yay!) with the 4005. I have to say there were some piss poor tanks in the two UK TD trees but both tier 9s were excellent.

The FV4005 is what you'd expect; 26s reload HESH shells that can do over 1.8k damage (the 263 I hit was not happy) but usually around 1.1k AP / 600 HE / 900 HESH (if you can't get them in the side/behind). I even had a medium ask me if I was a arty when I one shot him and going up against a Rhm is always fun. Overall though I don't really see a use for it as anything will pen it and with 1850 hp it dies once it's spotted but as a derpa derpa tank it may see use every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Asian server is doing a mission, log in daily and get 15k exp (which is obviously easy with multipliers) for 30 days and you get a free FV201. You can also get slightly more xp on the weekends but you need to do more battles.

Seems the requirements also aren't as harsh this time in that each day you basically get a token and these tokens can be bought in the shop for $1.31 so as RL always gets in the way occasionally for a small subsidy I should still get a free T7 heavy in 30 days. Nice.

Asian server is doing a mission, log in daily and get 15k exp (which is obviously easy with multipliers) for 30 days and you get a free FV201. You can also get slightly more xp on the weekends but you need to do more battles.

Seems the requirements also aren't as harsh this time in that each day you basically get a token and these tokens can be bought in the shop for $1.31 so as RL always gets in the way occasionally for a small subsidy I should still get a free T7 heavy in 30 days. Nice.

All servers bar the EU one are getting a variant of that mission.

I'd speculate that the EU will get it later, possibly September. With the Tankfest mission to rent a Tog, and the 4 anniversary and free tank in August, I suspect they're just pushing it out a bit to spread around the earnable/free tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    All servers bar the EU one are getting a variant of that mission.

I'd speculate that the EU will get it later, possibly September. With the Tankfest mission to rent a Tog, and the 4 anniversary and free tank in August, I suspect they're just pushing it out a bit to spread around the earnable/free tanks.
    Nope; I simply don't see us getting it full stop since the EU team are known to be incompetent to the extreme and they are happy with the current numbers logging in (thinking forward is not exactly their strong point).

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

There I was, playing with a couple of platoon mates last night. Doing OK on the win rate and we decided to make a T29 platoon the last game of the evening. It was looking good and I thought we had a reasonable chance to win the game. Then the team damaging tossbags appeared. That crap really winds me up. And the fact that WG appear to be doing nothing about it.
    Have a look at the replay here. It wasn't a great game by me at all because I Was put off by the idiot shooting me at the start of the game. We did make it difficult for him afterwards but he deserved it.
    I also received insults from him after the game in chat, see attached.
    It's infuriating sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hi the people on the Xbox thread sent me over here, I started playing wot on the 360 again ahead of the Xbox one launch shortly, I really struggled on it as im not that great at it, i only play four or 5 hours now and again, i was wondering was there anyone who plays on the Xbox who could give pointers to me or is there any where I can get advice, tried YouTube videos but a lot of them in French or German,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think the Xbox version plays quite a bit differently. For the PC game the videos of Quickybaby and The Mighty Jingles seem to be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I still don't get WOT. Some nights a specific tank/gun combo is deadly accurate. The next night the same tank/gun can't hit anything. Or it can't penetrate one night but fine the next. Very inconsistent.

tripperman wrote: »
    Hi the people on the Xbox thread sent me over here, I started playing wot on the 360 again ahead of the Xbox one launch shortly, I really struggled on it as im not that great at it, i only play four or 5 hours now and again, i was wondering was there anyone who plays on the Xbox who could give pointers to me or is there any where I can get advice, tried YouTube videos but a lot of them in French or German,

I don't think there's many XBox players about, it's pretty much all the PC edition.

But we may be able to give some general advice at least.

What tanks are you currently playing with for a start?

I don't think there's many XBox players about, it's pretty much all the PC edition.

But we may be able to give some general advice at least.

What tanks are you currently playing with for a start?

That's great ant advice greatly appreciated, I'm in tier one or two on Vickers tank, its slow and poor armour protection

tripperman wrote: »
    That's great ant advice greatly appreciated, I'm in tier one or two on Vickers tank, its slow and poor armour protection

Ah, so barely starting out entirely. Most of the tier 1 or 2 tanks came from the 1920's, and they all have poor armour, and often machine guns.

Jingles introductory video explains some basic concepts and mechanics:

Now, some of this isn't really applicable when starting out. The early tanks were little more than converted tractors at times (literally in the case of the T1 Cunningham), and barely had enough armour to stop the rain. But it's still some good practices to get into.

Ah, so barely starting out entirely. Most of the tier 1 or 2 tanks came from the 1920's, and they all have poor armour, and often machine guns.

Jingles introductory video explains some basic concepts and mechanics:

Now, some of this isn't really applicable when starting out. The early tanks were little more than converted tractors at times (literally in the case of the T1 Cunningham), and barely had enough armour to stop the rain. But it's still some good practices to get into.

Yeah I lost all the progress since I last played so started fresh last night I look up them videos and see how go from there, thanks very much

So it looks like the plan for the coming months is

Japanese Heavies in 9.10

Lots of swaps in 9.11, including the two tier 10 Brits, and now the T57/T18 swap that was long pushed for.

• Advertisement

Alienware doing their 1 day premium code again; first batch is almost gone but should be more codes coming over the next days so keep an eye on it.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/event-calendar/

Interesting thing on the event calendar called "The Agony of Choice". It runs from 25th July to 28th August. The description says "Making the right choice is crucial, especially on the battlefield. Pick your vehicle and roll out for a test drive before going to battle!

The option to test sounds similar to the US version, where people earned a rental of it, and then had the option to finish a second mission to keep it. But I don't get where the choice aspect plays into it. But if it coincides with the anniversary event, that would x5s for several days.

So the rentals are the CDC and JT 88.

So the rentals are the CDC and JT 88.
    Well that makes my choice easy as I already own the JT88 :P

Nody wrote: »
    Well that makes my choice easy as I already own the JT88 :P

But the JT 88 is getting pulled from sale soonish, in line with long term policy of removing any preferential MM tanks, so it seems an odd choice.

But the JT 88 is getting pulled from sale soonish, in line with long term policy of removing any preferential MM tanks, so it seems an odd choice.
    I'd see it the other way around; soon to be pulled from sale = maximize sales by giving people a chance to try it beforehand to grab all those last minute sales.

Nody wrote: »
    I'd see it the other way around; soon to be pulled from sale = maximize sales by giving people a chance to try it beforehand to grab all those last minute sales.

My personal suspicion is that the thought of impending removal would make more people inclined to take the risk and spend. The chance to test and potentially find they don't like it would seem to raise more potential to put people off. However this could be very individual tank sensitive. But it's not like WG share their marketing analytics with me.

• Advertisement

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/the-world-of-tanks-bonus-code-key-giveaway

Bonus code giveaway for 1 Day of Premium and a Case of Cola (Premium Consumable).

Advertisement