Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

beauf wrote: »
    Well there you go. PIII vs TOG II. I think I got one hit on the rear tracks everything else bounced. Have the top 50cm in it now. Which is a lot more useful.

Oh. The 37mm....

Historically called a door knocker by the Germans, since that's all it equated to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Thankfully got the 50 now.

The T46 is the same. Dropped into matches with tanks two tiers up. The T46 is useless.

I guess the game is set up to discourage free loaders like me. So I can't complain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Unfortunately, there's a bit of a steep learning curve in parts, including the painful lesson of learning how you can contribute when bottom tier. It used to be +/-3 tiers, and even more during beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Aenaes wrote: »
    Looks like they're forcing me to spend some more money to get the Jagdtiger 88mm.

doooo it, we platoon up and make dorrar bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Spear wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there's a bit of a steep learning curve in parts, including the painful lesson of learning how you can contribute when bottom tier. It used to be +/-3 tiers, and even more during beta.

What seems to work for me pairing with someone heavier and distracting the target so you each get a shot in.

You're too light to take damage. Don't have the view range to spot. Can't leave the protection of the heavies.

But it requires someone to work with you. On a bad team they just hide in the fringes sniping.

When you do get a couple to go overlapping on a target it's cool. Reminds me of Zulu.

• Advertisement

first replay uploaded to YT:
    AMX AC48 ace tanker badge, 5200 damage, 2 man platoon with my brother, done td14 mission, 40% of overall damage

Played at 70+ fps, but only recorded at 25 ish? Or have I got the numbers backwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I just noticed t14 american premium heavy tank is been removed from game is it worth getting?

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I just noticed t14 american premium heavy tank is been removed from game is it worth getting?

It's an okay tier 5 heavy. Much like the KV-220, decent armour, but weak, but fast firing gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

It's an okay tier 5 heavy. Much like the KV-220, decent armour, but weak, but fast firing gun.
    Compared to kv1 can it compete at tier 7 like kv1 can when fully upgraded.

• Advertisement

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Compared to kv1 can it compete at tier 7 like kv1 can when fully upgraded.

It doesn't see tier 7, it has restricted MM, which is the reason it's being removed.

Played at 70+ fps, but only recorded at 25 ish? Or have I got the numbers backwards?

yeh i average 70-100 fps, but someone said yt reduces the fps to 30 so i recorded at 30?

the replays even when not recording are quirte juddery, not sure what the story is

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh i average 70-100 fps, but someone said yt reduces the fps to 30 so i recorded at 30?

the replays even when not recording are quirte juddery, not sure what the story is

Youtube doesn't reduce it to 30 fps any more, it moves in steps from 60, 45 to 30.

It looks like the playback was playing at 25 fps though, which comes through in the video.

What do you record with?

Youtube doesn't reduce it to 30 fps any more, it moves in steps from 60, 45 to 30.

It looks like the playback was playing at 25 fps though, which comes through in the video.

What do you record with?

fraps and then vegas pro 13

Have you tried a different recording system, such as ShadowPlay or MSI Afterburner? It certianly looks like Fraps is killing the frame rate.

Have you tried a different recording system, such as ShadowPlay or MSI Afterburner? It certianly looks like Fraps is killing the frame rate.

i had fraps set to 30fps as i thought yt reduced it to tha anyway, il ltry another one tomorrow with the fps increased.

even when not recorind, just watching the replays in wot they are juddery at parts when they werent in the game

The replays often have slight stutters in them, but not to that degree.

wonder whats causing mine then when watching the replays

The number in brackets comes from WoT itself, so something is inhibiting the playback performance when recording, presumably Fraps itself.

but when not recording, simply replaying the replay within the wot client i still get glitches.

• Advertisement

The slight hitching, yes, but a drop of 50 FPS?

near the end of the yt replay, the tnak is glitching like emntal, but its like that even when viewing the replay without any recording or anything and was deffo not like that in the game!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    near the end of the yt replay, the tnak is glitching like emntal, but its like that even when viewing the replay without any recording or anything and was deffo not like that in the game!

The hitching we can't fix, just the 50 fps drop.

In related news, peak a boo does work in real life:

http://imgur.com/gallery/gvsagg1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The hitching we can't fix, just the 50 fps drop.

In related news, peak a boo does work in real life:

http://imgur.com/gallery/gvsagg1

Apparently not for the dude that abandoned ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Deleted.

Was a post about the secret weapon.... have found out what it is now. Enjoy all.

They're actually selling Panzer 2Js for the day....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They're actually selling Panzer 2Js for the day....
    In a 100 EUR package...

Nody wrote: »
    In a 100 EUR package...

Compared to the €250 on ebay or even from the rare collectors editions from Belarus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Compared to the €250 on ebay or even from the rare collectors editions from Belarus.
    Which WG gets nothing from; this however is WG selling a 67% win rate tank for serious $ to get people to buy it for the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Nody wrote: »
    In a 100 EUR package...

What a steal..... :rolleyes:

Advertisement