Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dunno if numbers are falling but I play on Asia server cos I live in Australia. Always reasonable numbers on at any time of the day/night. Having said that, free tank or not I doubt I'll remember to log on every single day for a month just for the sake of a free tank.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Got my Leopard 1 then. Pretty much the same as a Leopard PTA except more Leopardy I suppose. Time to get my Object 140 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well **** it, I think I came to the point where I need to take a break from WoT. Everything is just going tit side for last 3 days. Arty get super lucky **** shots at me, getting completely ****ed over by lucky enemies snap shots from across the map. Team mates just completely derping out and me missing the side of the fecking barn at 5m range. Just had a game in hummel and I almost threw keyboard in to a wall. Every single shot just went right to gods windows and one shot that I connected was on my teammate, which drove in to position where enemy tank was a second ago...

So yeah, a sign that I need to take some time off.

Well **** it, I think I came to the point where I need to take a break from WoT. Everything is just going tit side for last 3 days. Arty get super lucky **** shots at me, getting completely ****ed over by lucky enemies snap shots from across the map. Team mates just completely derping out and me missing the side of the fecking barn at 5m range. Just had a game in hummel and I almost threw keyboard in to a wall. Every single shot just went right to gods windows and one shot that I connected was on my teammate, which drove in to position where enemy tank was a second ago...

So yeah, a sign that I need to take some time off.

It's good for the soul. I tend to leave and focus on another subbed game for a while. Let a patch or two roll by and then head back in for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

exact same as shadow, burned out at the moment. pancake teams after pancake teams while i swear MM is fooking me, playing full greens and unicums and im constantly the only green player on my team.

punching the walls over the weekend. last night i said enough is enough...

downloaded WTGF, gonna have another bash at that maybe.

HURRY THE FOOK UP ARMORED WARFARE FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Hah, not only me then. Saying that, I won a 27% game yesterday, but I think it was the unicum platoon on enemy team playing like morons.... probably for a mission.

I have found though that the standard of players has been sinking and sinking. I suspect a lot of the poor ones are bots... but definitely not all... some can be goaded into saying something in chat by asking everyone to report them as bots.

it seems every tier 8 medium game im playing, our top tier heavy tanks are deeeeep red or orange and literally just rush to a spot that a fooking moron would know was bad and get instadeath.

any other games good for me to try, something that doesnt feel like a grind.

Downloaded and tried War Thunder there. Good game but keeps bsod my PC.... First game in a million years to do that. Cba trying to figure it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Downloaded and tried War Thunder there. Good game but keeps bsod my PC.... First game in a million years to do that. Cba trying to figure it out.

That's odd, it's a pretty mature engine. What's the stop code?

I've had freeze 8111000a and if that doesn't kill my pc with a BSOD (happened only twice in fairness) otherwise it's just a CTD. Has happened now twice when an enemy tank has appeared at close range. Tbh I've not that much patience to fix the issue. I live in Australia and whilst we have an SA server it's as dead as a doornail and the US ping is 300 so it's not a lot of fun either way.

• Advertisement

tried to play a game of wtgf the other night, 3 tanks unlocked apparently. each one was 'unlcoking in progress' or whatever this ****e is.

tech tree is a fooking mess still, hadnt a clue what i was doing so went back to wot.

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/03/097-test-changes.html

Uh oh. Penetration nerfs across the high tier mediums and TDs. Movement buffs on the meds to compensate.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    tried to play a game of wtgf the other night, 3 tanks unlocked apparently. each one was 'unlcoking in progress' or whatever this ****e is.

tech tree is a fooking mess still, hadnt a clue what i was doing so went back to wot.

It's not very obvious at all is it. Also it's a wee bit boring for me so far. It's just drive till you see the enemy then stop and shoot. Maps are massive so no team work. One match I drove to a flank and literally just sat and shot every enemy tank in the side until I ran out of ammo.

The game is prettier, I like the damage replay window that pops up but I WoT is a better team based game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spear wrote: »
    http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/03/097-test-changes.html

Uh oh. Penetration nerfs across the high tier mediums and TDs. Movement buffs on the meds to compensate.

Why would you fecking even do that?!

I would presume the idea is to slightly increase the value of armour in the game.

I would presume the idea is to slightly increase the value of armour in the game.

Or as the sceptical comments note, make people buy and use more gold ammo....

Or as the sceptical comments note, make people buy and use more gold ammo....

They've said they'll be nerfing the gold rounds too.

They've said they'll be nerfing the gold rounds too.

Innnteresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Hey Copey, missed your invite for a platoon today, was reminded to call my mum and forgot about the game, was watching TV until 9pm :P

no bother, she was out for mothers day so tried to get a few missions on the t28 concept done, platooned up with a few randomers in tier 10 tds and got a2 of the paltoon ones done.

almost have the t28 now, but still have mission 15 for each of the 4 catergories to do!! (no arty)

i presume people noticed, that once your on the t28 missions, you can pick and choose which missions you want to do, you dont have to do them in chronological order from 1-15.

• Advertisement

There's corrections to the personal missions coming in 9.7. I'd nearly suggest holding off on some, such as the infamous LT15, until they're revealed.

yeh im not racing to finish them. i just enjoy the credits that come with completing the easy ones quickly.

my most fun tank at the moment? m41 bulldog, what a tank.. using the auto loader and its so good.

not sure on the amx30 yet, early reports of cathing fire quickly like the leopard have turned me right off it.

WG held off the penetration nerfs until the gold nerfs are in at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

copeyhagen wrote: »
    it seems every tier 8 medium game im playing, our top tier heavy tanks are deeeeep red or orange and literally just rush to a spot that a fooking moron would know was bad and get instadeath.

any other games good for me to try, something that doesnt feel like a grind.

I started playing WOT a few weeks ago. Just the free game. The grind to get a decent tank is one thing . Man its bad. But its made worse by being dropped into a game 2 tiers higher than you, and all the heavies run away and hide, or suicide rush. Leaving you with a peashooter that can't pen anything on the map. That really drags out the grind.

Is that war thunder better?

The premium tanks with limited MM are being removed, with some going in 9.7 onwards. So it might be time to pick up the ones you were after. Some are crap e.g. the Panther/M10, but some are useful like the Pz S35(f) or the FCM 36/Pak 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

And the TOG II. =/

And the TOG II. =/

Met that the first time the other night. I'm not sure I even marked the paint. :eek:

beauf wrote: »
    Met that the first time the other night. I'm not sure I even marked the paint. :eek:

You'd be the first person to ever bounce on a TOG if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Looks like they're forcing me to spend some more money to get the Jagdtiger 88mm.

• Advertisement

You'd be the first person to ever bounce on a TOG if that's the case.

Well there you go. PIII vs TOG II. I think I got one hit on the rear tracks everything else bounced. Have the top 50cm in it now. Which is a lot more useful.

Advertisement