Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

BillJ wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing a banger rally in July and I just need something to go 1500 miles. this would be really nice to do it in but was worried about reliability. The saab 93 posted earlier is tempting also

What about the GS300 from a few pages back? If you're looking for reliability like.

W123-80's wrote: »
    A big bus for someone with big b*lls..:)
    Plenty of test - 03/15
    Leather, auto etc..
    Asking €1,250

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-300-automatic-nct-03-15/6837075

28963534.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Would love one but our budget is 800 max, there wad one on adverts going for about 600 a while ago but just missed out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is the MGF gone? If not I'd probably take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

Is the MGF gone? If not I'd probably take it.

Sent BA a pm last night offering same , no response as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

festesio wrote: »
    Sent BA a pm last night offering same , no response as yet.

Sorry was asleep,

all PMs have been replied to. Can someone PM me and let me know how they get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Sorry was asleep,

all PMs have been replied to. Can someone PM me and let me know how they get on.

Sorry BA, no PM yet?

festesio wrote: »
    Sorry BA, no PM yet?

Check your email ;)

It's SOLD

Happy motoring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Say hello to Fiat Number 6 in our family :pac:

I need a runaround since the old man owns the 525 now, paid 400 notes, NCT'd, 1 months tax left and she's spotless inside and out. Fun little driver too. 99% of my driving is city driving so it ticks all the boxes there.

I'll keep it for 6-12 months while I save up and decide what I want next.

06PxGbG.jpg

5FNAYSS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

cruizer101 wrote: »
    What do people think of this, I'm taking a spin out to have a look this evening, seem good value for a solid car with a years NCT, its Vauxhall was imported by the guy selling who moved over from England, anything in particular to watch out for on these.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-vauxhall-astra-1-6i-sxi-2001/6510364

28456803.jpeg

I'd be curious as to why the engine management light is on.
    that sounds like a right bargain ba!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-bravo-gt-nctd/6875961

kind of makes my bravo look **** for the price :P

It isn't actually a GT ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

bear1 wrote: »
    I'd be curious as to why the engine management light is on.

I'd overlooked that alright in the picture. He said has been on for 6 years and gets switched off at services but comes back on and is reckoned its just an sensor somewhere playing up a bit. I'd be inclined to believe him, but the issue is what if something else worse happened which would normally be signalled by it coming on and gets overlooked. From viewing didn't seem a bad car for the money but don't think I'll go for it.

y7wchIb.jpg

eFozr7T.jpg

Bangernomics :D

The Prado fits too, it belongs to a friend of ours painting the house. 370,000 on the clock and running perfect. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭kil

I'd overlooked that alright in the picture. He said has been on for 6 years and gets switched off at services but comes back on and is reckoned its just an sensor somewhere playing up a bit. I'd be inclined to believe him, but the issue is what if something else worse happened which would normally be signalled by it coming on and gets overlooked. From viewing didn't seem a bad car for the money but don't think I'll go for it.

You can find out why the EML is on by doing the 'Pedal Test': google Astra G pedal test for link.

The code it gives you will help identify the issue. Disconnect the battery for 10 mins to clear the fault light (for how long I don't know). Other than that it looks like a nice car, has aircon,upgraded alloys and sports seats which most Opels won't have. Mechanically just check the head gasket and the wiper linkage as these are the two most likely issues with the Astra G.

Best way to know what that light is, is to possibly bring some diagnostics equipment.
    Could be absolutely anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Are Punto's reliable cars in general?

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    Are Punto's reliable cars in general?

That's the 3rd one someone in the family has owned, the other 2 never gave a days bother.

Had a Panda a few years back, best small car i've ever driven.

They have their weak points but we've looked after ours and they looked after us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

I know this is a few euro over , but with a bit of haggling ..

2006 SAAB 95 , 105K , 1 owner , nct 4/16

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-saab-9-5-nct-4-16-one-owner/6827077

28914820.jpeg

Tis a bargain at 2.3k as it is. Show up with 2k and it's yours I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

jharr100 wrote: »
    I know this is a few euro over , but with a bit of haggling ..

2006 SAAB 95 , 105K , 1 owner , nct 4/16

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-saab-9-5-nct-4-16-one-owner/6827077

28914820.jpeg

Nice LPG candidate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-ovtavia-1-9tdi/6759064

Photos would seem to indicate its in pretty good order considering the mileage anyway and were told by the seller its driving well. Mileage not low at 204k but NCT'd until Jan 15. If all checks out its on for handy money at €800

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,904 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice LPG candidate :D

Not so much. Valve seat problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

unkel wrote: »
    Not so much. Valve seat problems!

Cant you just add in lubrication though?
    What are the most lpg compatible engines? Or ones that dont have valve seat issues

What are the most lpg compatible engines? Or ones that dont have valve seat issues

I don't know but I looked into it for my Saab 9-5 and found a lot of trouble with people who had converted. On the other hand, when I looked into it for my straight six N/A petrol BMW engine, they are just about perfect for LPG :)

MGF

NCT May '15, taxed June '14

mid engined, rear wheel drive sporty convertible

77k miles, just serviced, timing belt and head gasket done 3k miles ago, good tyres

€550

305601.jpg

Thats a bargain. I had a 98 one, amazing little yokes.
    10155041_713811931994367_6714687908949742282_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

FFS. Timing is everything. It's safe to say that by the time another month rolls by and I've the money to buy one, the like of that MG will be long gone with no others for sale. :mad:

• Advertisement

It was the one ba_barabas mentioned on Thursday. Gone already. To me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement