Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options
1304305306307308310»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,790 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That is fairly optimistic, I would want a good coupe for 2k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

So a more realistic price point for a saloon would be?

Had a look on donedeal, but didn't see anything comparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Yamanoto wrote: »
    So a more realistic price point for a saloon would be?

Had a look on donedeal, but didn't see anything comparable.

I'd chance asking 1200 quid but realistically 7-800 euro is as good as it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Its hard to judge a price on one small picture an depending on the extra such as leather interior, cruise & with a current NCT etc etc you may get it up to about 1k but that would be the limit i reckon.

all the best with the sale though

I'd chance asking 1200 quid but realistically 7-800 euro is as good as it gets

Any chance you (or someone in the family) can hold onto it? The sedan W124 has hit about the lowest in value it will ever be. There are still many of them about. In a few years time I have no doubt the car will be worth more

It should be a very affordable car for someone to buy and own at the moment as these cars are built to last and do big miles. Back when it was made, it cost about the same as a new semi-detached house in a Dublin suburb like Lucan

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I would be interested in that merc if you want to pm me a few more details and pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

unkel wrote: »
    Any chance you (or someone in the family) can hold onto it? The sedan W124 has hit about the lowest in value it will ever be. There are still many of them about. In a few years time I have no doubt the car will be worth more

I actually said to him earlier today that I'd love to be in a position to take it, but it just wouldn't be practical for me unfortunately. I've told him to spread the word among the wider family though, as knowing the provenance of the car & the manner in which it's been cared for and put to use these past 16 years really should make it a keeper. Then again, it's natural that many will probably struggle to see past it's age, styling, tax bracket (which is hardly punitive tbf) & lack of bells & whistles they're used to on more contemporary motors.
    I would be interested in that merc if you want to pm me a few more details and pictures.

He's planning on having it NCT'd soon & will be looking to move it on pretty much immediately thereafter.

I'll ask his wife to snap some decent pics & forward them on to you. If you need any details before that, fire me off a PM.

That's actually cheaper than the bus :-)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10303390

Set of replica minlites, 3 spoke steering wheel a slightly louder exhaust. Ah she'd be the business :-)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10055532

First one: needs clutch -> wrong thread

Second one: make sure you can get insurance on it before you buy. If you can get cheap insurance this is one cheap versatile banger :D

• Advertisement

Second one: make sure you can get insurance on it before you buy. If you can get cheap insurance this is one cheap versatile banger :D

Crap. Didn't notice that.

Crap. Didn't notice that.

French legend and no doubt future classic. New test too. Depreciation free in my opinion. Just so long as you can put up with two litre running costs in a Peugeot.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10252793

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

i always loved those peugeots.. great looking yoke..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Love the pic from the window. Like its stalking him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

bear1 wrote: »

The French version of Christine!!!!! It's even the same colour....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

bear1 wrote: »

Hitchcock remake : "Dial P for Peugeot"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

French legend and no doubt future classic. New test too. Depreciation free in my opinion. Just so long as you can put up with two litre running costs in a Peugeot.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10252793

One of my all time faves - one of the great lift-off oversteering hatches! :)

(other one oddly enough was the almera gti. To be fair to the almera, you needed to be a bit club footed to do it, but the pug would unbalance if you farted at the wrong time in a bend.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

One of my all time faves - one of the great lift-off oversteering hatches! :)

(other one oddly enough was the almera gti. To be fair to the almera, you needed to be a bit club footed to do it, but the pug would unbalance if you farted at the wrong time in a bend.)

With 26000 elephants a board is that any surprise :p

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CheezePleeze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CheezePleeze

Or a Saab 95 for €580?
    2000, 174k miles
    Test til March 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

2003 Toyota Avensis, Saloon, 1.8l petrol, 135k miles, NCT to July 2016 (checks out on the NCT site), asking €1550

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-t3-s/9947377?offset=13

It looks decent enough in the photos (it is a garage selling it in this case, in Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement