Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

unkel wrote: »
    '07 Mondeo, full Ford service history, asking €2k

Linky
    Ad there for 2 months?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hal1 wrote: »
    If you don't mind an auto focus then this is for you. Claims of a comprehensive service history.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/2002-ford-focus-2-0i-automatic/6360518

Nct: 8/15
    €1500
    I would, but most people wouldn't. Unless they want an automatic, and prefer to touch cloth rather than leather.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Esel wrote: »
    I would, but most people wouldn't. Unless they want an automatic, and prefer to touch cloth rather than leather.

Nobody dreams of touching cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hal1 wrote: »
    If you don't mind an auto focus then this is for you. Claims of a comprehensive service history.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/2002-ford-focus-2-0i-automatic/6360518

Nct: 8/15
    €1500

love the typical adverts ie offer of €150!

but yeah I would, in fact I might have to :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

My first contribution
    http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-only-40k-miles/7552397

Volvo 2005, S80 2.5T Only 42000 miles . All extras , heated mirrors/seats . Four new tyres .All service history .Multi function steering wheel.Half leather interior

€ 1,650 (EUR)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

wexfjord wrote: »

...unless you drive a Koenigsegg. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My first contribution

Volvo 2005, S80 2.5T Only 42000 miles . All extras , heated mirrors/seats . Four new tyres .All service history .Multi function steering wheel.Half leather interior

€ 1,650 (EUR)

Nice but very short NCT. I'd like to see a fresh one on it. Also been sale for a month

Check it out thoroughly, make a very cheeky offer (remember no one is in the market for a 2.5l petrol Volvo, except a few nutters here on the bangernomics thread :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

The car is probably fine if the milage is genuine. I think it is probably hard to sell as it is expensive to tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭littlevillage

wexfjord wrote: »

Brilliant :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭littlevillage

My first contribution

€ 1,650 (EUR)

Owned a Volvo V70 2002, something similar to the S80. They are lovely motors. Beautifully designed and built, smooth, comfy Mile munchers. But beware they are big (and wide) so if you live down a small country road you will have it scratched and the mirrors knocked off in no time. Handling is a bit soft so uneven surfaces are not its friend. Volvo are reliable but parts are very expensive.

This would make an ideal taxi ..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

But beware they are big (and wide) so if you live down a small country road you will have it scratched and the mirrors knocked off in no time ..

Might say more about the driver than the car tbh.

mickdw wrote: »
    Might say more about the driver than the car tbh.

This. I've had my share of big cars (some bigger than a V70 / S80) and I've never scratched them, never mind a mirror knocked off. That said, parking in some of the Dublin city centre multi story car parks in a BMW 7-series was sometimes tight. Very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

old style fiesta - 12 month NCT and taxed till end of year.

Whats not to like? :pac:

Ford Fiesta 1997

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ford Fiesta 1997

Lovely little old-school Ford. Gobbewiddedays. ;)

Great find. Only 61k miles too, which could well be genuine. €358 tax instead of the cheaper €199 for a 1l car, but the car should be as cheap to insure and very, very cheap to maintain. Better drivers car than any other supermini of that generation

Zero depreciation helps too and the NCT was done today :)

Will make someone a very decent very cheap car indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/other-bmw/2002-bmw-for-sale/6467371
    2002 318i estate, 160k, 6 months tax, 9 months NCT - €1000. Looks like a decent car, fitting a MFSW would make a huge improvement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Great find. Only 61k miles too, which could well be genuine. €358 tax instead of the cheaper €199 for a 1l car, but the car should be as cheap to insure and very, very cheap to maintain. Better drivers car than any other supermini of that generation

Zero depreciation helps to and the NCT was done today :)

There was never any need to clock those Fiestas, they wind round to 0 every 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Zero depreciation helps to and the NCT was done today :)

Hugely overrated by the motoring press in that regard. A family member had one from new, it was nothing special to drive at all tbh.

As for reliability they are a grand car in that regard but they are prone to rust on chassis and on the arches.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Hugely overrated by the motoring press in that regard. A family member had one from new, it was nothing special to drive at all tbh.

It ain't no hot hatch. That said, it really is much better than any other 90s entry level supermini I have driven (I've probably driven most). Nearly as much fun as some French / Italian small cars of the 70s and 80s :)
    alias no.9 wrote: »
    There was never any need to clock those Fiestas, they wind round to 0 every 100k.

Aye, the 5 digit odometer :D

Plenty of low milers around though. The Mrs had one that we sold @7 years old with 30k genuine miles on it. There were others with similar mileage for sale at the time, I remember having a look to see what I should price it at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It ain't no hot hatch. That said, it really is much better than any other 90s entry level supermini I have driven (I've probably driven most). Nearly as much fun as some French / Italian small cars of the 70s and 80s :)

Aye, the 5 digit odometer :D

Plenty of low milers around though. The Mrs had one that we sold @7 years old with 30k genuine miles on it. There were others with similar mileage for sale at the time, I remember having a look to see what I should price it at.

It ain't fun either tbh, the 1.3 engine is very harsh too. The zetec unit is a big improvement, much smoother, but I've never found even those fiestas to be any more fun than most cars in that class. Still I suppose we all have different views and tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ford Fiesta 1997

Interior looks like there was wildlife camped out in there for a month?

34256503.jpeg

34256502.jpeg

Interior looks like there was wildlife camped out in there for a month?

Dude it's a €400 car with 2 months tax and a years test. If the seats were mouldy it would still be a bangernomics bargain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What about Mazda 121s?
    What were they like? Pretty much the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

flazio wrote: »
    What about Mazda 121s?
    What were they like? Pretty much the same?

Yeah but with pure basic spec

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Thanks, went searching on Done Deal for them, only 3 and none of them make good bangernomic candidates. 1 was over priced at a dealer and the other two had poor ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dude it's a €400 car with 2 months tax and a years test. If the seats were mouldy it would still be a bangernomics bargain :p

Oh yeah, they're a great wee car, but you'd want a haz-mat suit before you'd sit into that particular one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Nice colour, decent-ish spec, looks clean. **** engine but oh well. :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-1-4-nct/7880646

34029243.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

34246797.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-407-coupe-2-2-bargain/7923244
    2007 Peugeot 407 coupe 2.2, 125k kms, 9 months NCT, €2450
    Probably tough to get this into bangernomics budget but looks like a lot of relatively fresh car for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

commited wrote: »
    34246797.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-407-coupe-2-2-bargain/7923244
    2007 Peugeot 407 coupe 2.2, 125k kms, 9 months NCT, €2450
    Probably tough to get this into bangernomics budget but looks like a lot of relatively fresh car for the money.

That's been up before. As far as I remember its a lemon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement