Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Nice colour, decent-ish spec, looks clean. **** engine but oh well. :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-1-4-nct/7880646

34029243.jpeg
    The engine isn't bad if just pottering around the place, if your not used of the more nippy 1.4 alternatives it's grand. I seen a few focuses up on DD by what appears to be the same seller in the not too distant past so maybe he's a bit of a wheeler dealer.

Anyhow the body is a bit ropey on that car, cleaner examples can be found for similar money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Anyhow the body is a bit ropey on that car, cleaner examples can be found for similar money.

In what way is the body ropey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

dents over the back right wheel arch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

In what way is the body ropey?

Rear driver side wheelarch is crumpled and there looks to be a number of colours of paint on the back bumper.

I must be going blind :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Great looking car here :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-primera-td-sri/7920186

34217402.jpeg

Would love to see it go to someone who'll look after it :)

Obviously clocked :pac:. Best of look with the sale. No one came to view mine. It is up for 900euro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Interslice wrote: »
    Obviously clocked :pac:. Best of look with the sale. No one came to view mine. It is up for 900euro though.

Uptake is slow on mine too. Might need a price drop. I had one guy offer me a Primera 1.6 and cash my way. Don't know if the 1.6 would be an easier sell...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I must be going blind :pac:
    Hairy palms too? Stop looking at pron cars:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Uptake is slow on mine too. Might need a price drop. I had one guy offer me a Primera 1.6 and cash my way. Don't know if the 1.6 would be an easier sell...

What are the details on the 1.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

commited wrote: »
    34246797.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-407-coupe-2-2-bargain/7923244
    2007 Peugeot 407 coupe 2.2, 125k kms, 9 months NCT, €2450
    Probably tough to get this into bangernomics budget but looks like a lot of relatively fresh car for the money.

Came up at the end of september http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92421737&postcount=4231 so it could well have been sale fell through. However you would need to check as it was mentioned that it only changed ownership in August as well http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92422039&postcount=4233

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Aye could very well be someone got a good deal on it and is hoping to make a few hundred by flipping it again. Current seller seems like a small time dealer, which would be consistent with that.

As always, eyes wide open, but that 407 Coupé surely is one of the nicest / newest cars this thread has ever seen :)

Even if it needed a grand worth of work done it's still feck all money.

And it does look beautiful.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-600/7931869

34281976.jpeg

I can think of worse places to sit for 800 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Oh yeah, they're a great wee car, but you'd want a haz-mat suit before you'd sit into that particular one :D

Half an hour with astonish upholstery cleaner will get that back looking decent.
    Certainly not a deal breaker at his level of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Even if it needed a grand worth of work done it's still feck all money.

And it does look beautiful.

If you were to nct it again would it get another 2 years test?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-600/7931869

34281976.jpeg

I can think of worse places to sit for 800 notes.
    Nice, should have shown a pic of the 'small amount of damage to the passenger door'.

Not your ornery onager

A rover with the k series engine makes me think of two words. One starts with H and the other starts with G. Especially when he mentions that the radiator has been replaced.

jharr100 wrote: »
    If you were to nct it again would it get another 2 years test?

Yes. Any car younger than 10 years old will get a 2 years test!

No mention of a belt change but surely with all the paperwork there it's been done?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-gtv-mint/7835418

33815783.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A rover with the k series engine makes me think of two words. One starts with H and the other starts with G. Especially when he mentions that the radiator has been replaced.
    Thought they had a Honda engine? Is it the fact that is 1.8 that tells you it has the Rover K-series engine?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

But it's not a Kettle-Series.

It's a Honda 1.8 in the 600. The later 75 got the Kettle Series.......

The Rover 600 was a Honda Accord. Including all the boring Honda petrol engines. The only interesting engine (in the turbocharged 620TI) was made by Rover. I almost bought one once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

No mention of a belt change but surely with all the paperwork there it's been done?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-gtv-mint/7835418

Looks good but note the following:

VEHICLE
    Vehicle Registration Number 02D17501
    Vehicle Details ALFA ROMEO / OTHER
    Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Transferred to an Individual on :

Notified on : 01/10/2014

06/10/2014
    Vehicle Registration Certificate
    Most recent Vehicle Registration Certificate issued on : 08/10/2014

My bad lads.

unkel wrote: »
    The Rover 600 was a Honda Accord. Including all the boring Honda petrol engines. The only interesting engine (in the turbocharged 620TI) was made by Rover. I almost bought one once :)
    Nothing at all wrong with the Honda engines. They were a breath of fresh air compared to the unreliable muck rover were producing at the time. It was also one of the reasons why rover stayed going as long as they did, as they actually had a car with a good rep for reliability for once.

They were a breath of fresh air compared to the unreliable muck rover were producing at the time. .
    OH JOHN. You were doing so well.

They were making the K-Series engine which was revolutionary for the time. It was also repliable back then as it hadn't suffered from cost cutting.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    OH JOHN. You were doing so well.

They were making the K-Series engine which was revolutionary for the time. It was also repliable back then as it hadn't suffered from cost cutting.
    The k series was over hyped by the British press. On paper it was a great engine but it was a poorly designed unit where reliability is concerned, even the early ones.

The Honda engine is a much more robust unit and offers similar performance. It doesn't suffer from any of the k series's faults and it ages much better. E.g no noisy tappets, piston slap, dropped liners, hg failures etc

The k series was over hyped by the British press.
    Early ones had relatively few issues and were no worse than any of the competition in that regard. They also pushed out over 100hp (105?) from a 1.4l engine. VW only managed to do that in the Golf over 15 years later. Toyota didn't do it until the VVTI came along.

I'm not for a second dissing the Honda engine at all but I don't think it's fair to say Rover engines were all shyte. And lets not forget, the Rover L-Series engine was good enough for Honda ;)

ba_barabus wrote: »
    And lets not forget, the Rover L-Series engine was good enough for Honda ;)

Only because Honda were unable to make a diesel engine themselves :p

Two decades later and they're till struggling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

unkel wrote: »
    Only because Honda were unable to make a diesel engine themselves :p

Two decades later and they're till struggling

We have new diesel Civic estates in work. I drove one briefly. I actually pity the guys who have to drive them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement