Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Roanmore wrote: »
    They did release this one didn't they?

Can I sit next to you girl and rocking in the parlour were definitely released as a 7" back in '74 when Dave Evans was still in the band but maybe he means re-released digitally?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Can I sit next to you girl and rocking in the parlour were definitely released as a 7" back in '74 when Dave Evans was still in the band but maybe he means re-released digitally?

Exactly. There's a video for 'Can I Sit Next To You, Girl' which they deliberately left off 'Family Jewels' because Dave Evans is in it. That 7" has never been given a digital release. They REALLY don't want to give him any royalties! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dcs-cliff-williams-im-backing-off-touring-and-recording-20160707

AC/DC bassist Cliff Williams hinted at retirement following the Australian hard rock outfit's current tour in an interview with Gulfshore Life.

Time to get Mark Evans back in! Although, maybe not after his out of court settlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Time to get Mark Evans back in! Although, maybe not after his out of court settlement.

Never heard of Mark Evans, you mean Dave?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

scudzilla wrote: »

Mark was Cliff's predecessor.

It's probably a combination of the arse falling out of the band in recent years and him getting old and wanting to enjoy his money while he can that he came to this decision, don't blame him really, his understated style fit the band well, hope he has a happy retirement.

It's mental to think that since early 2014, Angus is the only one left of the BIB line-up, I hope Angus continues touring but he retires the band name, it's like Axl and his hired guns over the last 15 years, it's no longer AC/DC to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing Angus, Stevie, Phil Rudd plus a new bass player and singer play the likes of Vicar Street for 30/40 Euro, given how ruthlessly they replaced both Bon and Brian I think he will continue on.

Exactly, it's not like Angus needs the money either. Just drop the name, play smaller venues, drop some of the gimmicks and it will take the pressure right off him. He'll be able to vary the set as well.

Can't blame Cliff for taking off and enjoying his moolah. Apparently, him and Brian live quite close and they jam together in their downtime. I imagine he'll be hooking up with Brian again and getting away from the whole circus.

Unusual to hear of Dave (one AC/DC single) and not Mark (3 studio albums, including 'Let There be Rock')! :pac:

Unusual to hear of Dave (one AC/DC single) and not Mark (3 studio albums, including 'Let There be Rock')! :pac:

Heard of Dave as he was the singer, had never heard of Mark as only really knew the main guys over the years, must brush up on my history

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Heard of Dave as he was the singer, had never heard of Mark as only really knew the main guys over the years, must brush up on my history

Well he was the bassist on some of their best work and got thrown out by Angus ill let you read up on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Cliff talks about his decision in this article:
    “It’s been what I’ve known for the past 40 years, but after this tour I’m backing off of touring and recording,” he says. “Losing Malcolm, the thing with Phil and now with Brian, it’s a changed animal. I feel in my gut it’s the right thing.”

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

They did Live Wire the other night, I wonder did they not trust Brian with other songs cos it's strange that all of a sudden they're very flexible with the setlist.

There's rumours about Slane 2017, have AC/DC got their obligatory mention yet, even though the way things are going it would probably just be Angus running around the stage on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

They did Live Wire the other night, I wonder did they not trust Brian with other songs cos it's strange that all of a sudden they're very flexible with the setlist.

There's rumours about Slane 2017, have AC/DC got their obligatory mention yet, even though the way things are going it would probably just be Angus running around the stage on his own.

Id say it was a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it with Brian. They'd churn out all the classics and a few new cuts from what ever album was newly released and everybody went home happy no need to upset the apple cart do to speak
    A replacement singer came in who grew up listening to Bon era AC/DC and says these are my favourite AC/DC songs let's try them. Prob tried them in sound check and they sounded good enough for a paying audience. Plus if this is the last run of acdc as we know it they'll prob knock out a few more. Has there ever been much in the way of AC DC fans over the years looking for songs from the Bon era that haven't been played?
    As for Slane my money's on GNR they've an opening for a full blown European tour including download around Slane time plus it'll be 25 years since they last played there

Axl was asked a few weeks before the tour started what his favourite AC/DC song was and he said "Touch Too Much". I would guess he asked Angus to play it and he agreed.

I imagine Axl has suggested some other songs which Brian wouldn't touch and they've been given the green light by Angus, or alternatively Angus has suggested them and Axl said no problem.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if "Live Wire" comes back into the set for the US tour. I read that they tried it once with Brian back in 1980 but it didn't work.

Wahey, just checked setlist.fm and 'Live Wire' is indeed back in the set. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ac-dc-mark-evans-interview/

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Well he was the bassist on some of their best work and got thrown out by Angus ill let you read up on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Axl was asked a few weeks before the tour started what his favourite AC/DC song was and he said "Touch Too Much". I would guess he asked Angus to play it and he agreed.

I imagine Axl has suggested some other songs which Brian wouldn't touch and they've been given the green light by Angus, or alternatively Angus has suggested them and Axl said no problem.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if "Live Wire" comes back into the set for the US tour. I read that they tried it once with Brian back in 1980 but it didn't work.
    Not only Live Wire, but Christ does Axl makes Riff Raff his own:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-axl-rose-fronted-acdc-perform-in-columbus-ohio/

Have to say I called it 100% wrong on Rose. If it's just himself and Angus, AC/DC can keep it going for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Of course I mean *fronted* by Angus and Axl. If Brian is truly gone, they can put a pretty decent lineout on stage together with Stevie and Chris. We have to take Cliff at his word that he's gone, and it would take a lot to get Phil into reliable shape (it looks like that particular ship might have sailed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

As a veteran fan of the band I would say to Angus to finish acdc if johnos not coming back aswell as cliff not coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

As a veteran fan of the band I would say to Angus to finish acdc if johnos not coming back aswell as cliff not coming back.

It's all a bit cringe at this stage.

• Advertisement

The tour come to a close tonight, wonder will it be the last official AC/DC show?

The last two years have been utterly surreal....

I'd say Angus will keep AC/DC going for as long as his health doesn't give him any problems.

Phil Rudd is playing Belfast in June, at least he seems to be in a better place than he was two years ago.

www.ticketmaster.ie/phil-rudd-band-belfast-06-24-2017/event/380052379C300B24?artistid=2300493&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Phil Rudd is playing Belfast in June, at least he seems to be in a better place than he was two years ago.

www.ticketmaster.ie/phil-rudd-band-belfast-06-24-2017/event/380052379C300B24?artistid=2300493&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

he's also doing a UK tour, which begs me to ask the question, how can a convicted fellon get a visa to enter??

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

he's also doing a UK tour, which begs me to ask the question, how can a convicted fellon get a visa to enter??

Money

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

001_3.jpg

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

This feels so wrong surely Brian can still sing in the studio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I simply cant warm to Rose. He doesn't have the power in his voice that Johnson or Scott had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Phil Rudd playing Dolans warehouse in Limerick (29 June) and some pub in Portlaoise (30th) to add to previous gig announced Limelight in Belfast (24th)

Advertisement