Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

briany wrote: »
    There's a post on the Chris Slade Timeline FB (ran by Chris himself, apparently) that states Angus has no intention of retiring. If that is indeed from Chris, who you'd think ought to know, being in close proximity, it certainly makes you wonder about what the future holds for the band.

News out of the Rudd camp is that he seems to be a lot better. A recent interview with him talks about how he's 'past all the crazy stuff' and has been working with a therapist to get through some of his issues these last few months or so. He's no longer talking about how he's got a rightful place in AC/DC or anything like that but is open enough to the idea of coming back, if Angus will have him.

I know they play worldwide so America isn't the be all and end all but I presume Rudd's conviction means he can't enter the States so would they take him back if they have to get someone else to fill in when they want to play there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭briany

I know they play worldwide so America isn't the be all and end all but I presume Rudd's conviction means he can't enter the States so would they take him back if they have to get someone else to fill in when they want to play there?

I don't know where he can or can't enter. Maybe he can get in everywhere pending some sort of bond being paid. Maybe there's a list of countries that would not let him in. As far as having alternate drummers for Phil, I don't see this being AC/DC's style because it would sort of admitting there's an "A-team" and a "b-team" AC/DC to the audience and would hurt their united front to basically say, "Yeah, this is the guy we prefer. When we can use him...". Would they alter ticket prices to compensate for the Rudd-less shows?

Then again, who knows? I certainly didn't think the band would continue without Malcolm or get Axl in, so it's all up in the air what they might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Id say there's a few sick Belgians tonight ..... About 7000 of them. Watched the show on periscope they sounded great

It's funny to me how, even though that is a more sophisticated guitar riff than much of what you'll hear AC/DC do, it still seems to sound more cliche.

Brian sounds pretty damn good on this one, and Breuer doesn't sound bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

BJ has personality in spades. Miss him already.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's Rudd's birthday today, he does seem to have copped himself on since he reared up on that cameraman last July, you'd hope he's cleaned himself up and he'll get the chance to link up with Angus again, his comment questioning is it even AC/DC any more, is sadly very accurate.

One thing that's annoying me about them playing with Rose, is all of a sudden they are being very flexible with the setlist, why the feck didn't they play Riff Raff or If You Want Blood when Johnson was still around, instead of sticking rigidly to the same one every night until he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Axl did half on Highway on his feet at the Belgian show 3 days ago.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Axl did half on Highway on his feet at the Belgian show 3 days ago.

He was back on his feet for Rosie and tnt also tonight

Hells bells also
    He seems to of been up for a while.

http://youtu.be/TxFaxDkm7Yc

• Advertisement

New interview with Brian Johnson up on Blabbermouth. From his words here, it's looking less likely that he'll be able to come back, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah well :(

Fair play to him for having a positive outlook on it, it took a tragedy for him to get a second chance in music and he made it most of it, wonder what he'll do with himself now, more car related stuff, possible solo album?

Disappointing that it will probably end this way but he owes the fans and the band nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Hells bells also
    He seems to of been up for a while.

http://youtu.be/TxFaxDkm7Yc
    Good job by Axl. He's really doing a job for them.

One day AC/DC will be history. They should enjoy themselves on their own terms. They've earned it. Catch them while you can.

AC/DC playing tonight in the Czech Republic. Concert almost over at the time of writing, but they played Touch Too Much in place of Riff Raff. First time they've played that song in......Have they ever played it live before? Also, they got Dog Eat Dog in as well.

Riff Raff on the Sunday Game :D

They mimed Touch Too Much on Top Of The Pops about ten days before Bon died, apparently they did it once live with Bon in Nice.

It's actually annoying me that they're so open with the setlist now Brian's gone, did Angus not trust him with those other songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Riff Raff on the Sunday Game :D

They mimed Touch Too Much on Top Of The Pops about ten days before Bon died, apparently they did it once live with Bon in Nice.

It's actually annoying me that they're so open with the setlist now Brian's gone, did Angus not trust him with those other songs?

Maybe Brian didn't want to sing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

I would say axl is having a say in the set list.he seems to be a big bon fan .doing a good job too I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I would say axl is having a say in the set list.he seems to be a big bon fan .doing a good job too I must say.

Axl was asked a few weeks before the tour started what his favourite AC/DC song was and he said "Touch Too Much". I would guess he asked Angus to play it and he agreed.

I imagine Axl has suggested some other songs which Brian wouldn't touch and they've been given the green light by Angus, or alternatively Angus has suggested them and Axl said no problem.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if "Live Wire" comes back into the set for the US tour. I read that they tried it once with Brian back in 1980 but it didn't work.

With out casting slight on AC⚡️DC or Brian because if it's straight up balls to the wall no frills boot to the headlight Rock n Roll there's no better band than AC⚡️DC the last 40 years to deliver that. But if you have a stand in front man like Axl Rose who can deliver songs like November Rain , Estranged, Sweet child of mine and Coma note perfect live the whole AC/DC back catalogue would be a piece of p1ss for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i really wanted him to fail but fair play to him, he seems to be nailing it night after night.

My only issue is the lack of respect he's shown to GnR fans (albeit indirectly) in that he's been on stage on time for every show, why can't he do that with his own band as he's proving he can do it and not affect his performance

He's 54 now and from what I can gather he's sorted all his personal issues out
    Plus he put himself forward to play with his child hood heroes so I'm sure if Angus says jump he'll say how high in the interviews I've seen with Axl he comes across as very approachable, humble and genuinely delighted to be involved with AC/DC
    With GnR well that's his baby 100% and everything is on his terms with that the 7 shows they've done so far have been with out incident and on the money in relation to start times and putting in the performance
    Id be curious to see if his perspective of Slash and Duff change at all now that he's wearing the hired gun boots at the moment as in giving them more of a say in song choices. But that's for the GnR thread. 😉

So they're going to finish off the USA dates in September, one thing that's occurred to me is they didn't play any South American gigs on this tour, I wonder were there any in the works before Brian left and they scrapped them due to the uncertainty or were just not going to play there, seems like a shame cos the crowd were brilliant in the DVD they released, they deserved one last hurrah.

Just reflecting on this tour, it truly has been surreal, before this thread was started if someone you told Malcolm would have to retire due to dementia and they would continue with Stevie in his place, then Rudd would freak out and try to have someone killed, and be placed under house arrest and they would bring back Chris Slade would you have believed them, this is before we get to the mindf*ck of Axl Rose sitting in a throne with a broken foot cos Brian couldn't finish it off.

Honestly, I'd tell them they have a good career of creative writing ahead of them, never seen a band disintegrate like this before.

Was there a reason given why AC/DC didn't return to Ireland on their second visit to Europe on the Rock or bust tour?
    Were the promoters holding out for Slane or similar considering Düsseldorf was pined on in the last week or so as the final date before a months rest
    ( except for Axl ) before the North American leg

They didn't come here on the second part of the Black Ice tour in 2010 either, which is a bit strange seeing as they've built up a trendy following here in the past decade, they've have no problem filling a stadium a second time, unless the promoters feel like they've made enough money from them.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Brilliant last night in Manchester. Axl Rose looks (and in particular sounds) like he was made for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

how times flies

2morrow 1st july is the one year anniversary of the Aviva Stadium gig

who would of thought Axl would be the new lead man of ACDC then lol

I think an ACDC binge might be on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'm sure a few people here have the "Volts" compilation cd that was in the Bonfire box? Released in '97, I think it would be cool to have a 20th anniversary edition for 2017, except with a few more tracks added (I don't think the Bonfire box is really worth re-releasing in its entirety - just 'Volts' would do).

Remove IALWTTT and Ride On, 'cos what was the point really?

Original tracks:
    Dirty Eyes ('Rosie' demo)
    Touch Too Much (demo)
    If You Want Blood (demo)
    Back Seat Confidential ('Beatin around the Bush' demo)
    Get it Hot (demo)
    Sin City (live '78)
    She's Got Balls (live '77)
    School Days

Bonus tracks:
    Up to My Neck in You (demo 78)
    Kicked in the Teeth (demo 78)
    Out of Bounds (83)
    Tightrope (83)
    unknown title (83)
    Heatseeker (demo 87)
    That's the Way (demo 87)
    Alright Tonight (demo 87)
    Let it Loose (demo 87)
    Let it Go (99)
    Rave On (99)
    Whistle Blower (99)
    The Cock Crows (99)

They're just the extra tracks that are known, I'm sure there are loads of others.
    Also, there are the studio tracks recorded with Dave Evans, but the band will never release them I'm sure (Can I sit Next To You Girl, Rockin in the Parlour, Rock n Roll Singer, Soul Stripper).

Basically, add the leftover tracks they missed with "Backtracks". Or even just add all the Bon Scott demos, instead of the Brian stuff, if they want to keep it a "Bon" thing.

Didn't they record a load of songs for BUYV? I dread to here what the ones that didn't make it were like as most of did are quite poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

fyfe79 wrote: »
    They're just the extra tracks that are known, I'm sure there are loads of others.
    Also, there are the studio tracks recorded with Dave Evans, but the band will never release them I'm sure (Can I sit Next To You Girl, Rockin in the Parlour, Rock n Roll Singer, Soul Stripper).

Basically, add the leftover tracks they missed with "Backtracks". Or even just add all the Bon Scott demos, instead of the Brian stuff, if they want to keep it a "Bon" thing.

They did release this one didn't they?

Advertisement