Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

It will be a mystery as to why they decided on Axl Rose of all people to take Brian's place. It's not like he's even vocally similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Infernum wrote: »
    It will be a mystery as to why they decided on Axl Rose of all people to take Brian's place. It's not like he's even vocally similar.

That's probably why he was picked. Do you really want to hear a Brian Johnson impersonator? Someone with a different style is a much better idea I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

That's probably why he was picked. So you really want to hear a Brian Johnson impersonator? Someone with a different style is a much better idea I think.

I guess so. It's just going to sound a bit odd though.

Infernum wrote: »
    I guess so. It's just going to sound a bit odd though.

And that's what will make these gigs interesting.

As for Brian wanting to continue recording, they only release an album every 5 years or so, so in reality how many albums do they have left in them? I'd have said we'll be lucky to get another one, even before this issue arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

Brian's statement is now being hosted as news on AC/DC's official site.

• Advertisement

A number of people on the ACDCfans.net forum posting about successfully claiming refunds. I wonder will this phenomenon of looking for one by restricted mainly to the hardcores, or will we see AC/DC playing to diminished audiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

briany wrote: »
    A number of people on the ACDCfans.net forum posting about successfully claiming refunds. I wonder will this phenomenon of looking for one by restricted mainly to the hardcores, or will we see AC/DC playing to diminished audiences?

A few of my mates in Wales are heading to the Manchester gig, told them to get a refund then head up and pick up a cheap ticket (which there will be plenty of) outside the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'd say there will be a lot of people asking for a refund (and rebuying cheaper). Many just don't like Axl Rose, he doesn't have a great reputation for playing gigs, whether they are true or not. Also there will be many that will want to see it as it's unusual in itself. A growing trend seems to be, go to the gig, complain afterwards and then ask for a refund :(

Allyall wrote: »
    A growing trend seems to be, go to the gig, complain afterwards and then ask for a refund :(

Sounds a bit cheeky.

Sounds a bit cheeky.

I hate it.
    It could be just a coincidence, but I saw it happening for the first time about 4 or 5 years ago. Then about two years ago, and the end of last year I know two people that said the gig was terrible and asked for their cash back (They're a couple), and I think the Olympia gave it to them.
    I'd ask them a heap of questions and use CCTV to ask why they didn't leave way early etc.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Allyall wrote: »
    I hate it.
    It could be just a coincidence, but I saw it happening for the first time about 4 or 5 years ago. Then about two years ago, and the end of last year I know two people that said the gig was terrible and asked for their cash back (They're a couple), and I think the Olympia gave it to them.
    I'd ask them a heap of questions and use CCTV to ask why they didn't leave way early etc.

Nonsense there's a lot of reasons someone wouldn't leave a gig early like lift organised at certain time or one of the few nights a couple manages to get out.
    If the Olympia gave them their money back they probably won't the only ones that looked for it and the Olympia probably agreed it was a substandard gig.

Nonsense there's a lot of reasons someone wouldn't leave a gig early like lift organised at certain time or one of the few nights a couple manages to get out.
    If the Olympia gave them their money back they probably won't the only ones that looked for it and the Olympia probably agreed it was a substandard gig.

I can't remember how many others I've heard of, but they were only instances that I personally could comment on/saw. I have heard of it happening quite a lot. In any case it's not something I would agree with. The gig would have to be pretty bad, none of those (for me) were bad.

Anyway, - Three more songs updated to alleged rehearsal -
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc-rehearsal/
    Audio of what appears to be Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose rehearsing with AC/DC has surfaced. Listen to the embedded videos above and below for a sneak peek at what sounds like “Thunderstruck,” “Shoot to Thrill,” “Hells Bells,” “Hell Ain’t a Bad Place to Be” and “Back in Black.”

Read More: Updated With Three More Songs: Hear Audio of Axl Rose Apparently Rehearsing with AC/DC | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc-rehearsal/?trackback=tsmclip

I have to admit that Axl sounds pretty good on these recordings. It'll never be like it was, of course, but I think the shows will go down well, overall, if Axl puts in a performance at least as good as what's indicated he can here. That'll get the band through the 22 dates, and we'll see what happens from there. Of course I'm pulling for Brian to get better, and hopefully rumours of a fallout are overblown.

AC/DC breaks their silence on refunds.
    A spokesman for AC/DC told TeamRock: "The band made a decision to offer this. As they care about their fans and wanted to do right by them, they instructed local promoters to offer refunds."

A spokeswoman for the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) also confirmed via TeamRock that the band were not under any legal obligation to offer refunds: "Our CTSI lead officer for fair trading can confirm that there is no legal obligation for the ticket sellers to refund in this case. It is a goodwill gesture."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I've a ticket for Manchester, Ticketmaster are offering me the chance of a refund till tomorrow evening, it's a tough choice but I'll probably not accept it, I've considered getting a refund and getting a cheaper ticket off a tout outside on the day, but dealing with them is probably like Russian Roulette.

If I was offered a refund before I had booked two non-refundable flights for 120 euro, I would have taken the refund and not bothered going at all, but I'm making a loss anyway so I might as well have an interesting experience.

Looking forward to seeing footage of them playing, this potentially could be brilliant.

I've a ticket for Manchester, Ticketmaster are offering me the chance of a refund till tomorrow evening, it's a tough choice but I'll probably not accept it, I've considered getting a refund and getting a cheaper ticket off a tout outside on the day, but dealing with them is probably like Russian Roulette.

If I was offered a refund before I had booked two non-refundable flights for 120 euro, I would have taken the refund and not bothered going at all, but I'm making a loss anyway so I might as well have an interesting experience.

Looking forward to seeing footage of them playing, this potentially could be brilliant.

GET THE REFUND!!! I'm from North Wales and used to go to Manchester at least twice a month for gigs, the touts are as decent as touts can be.

There will be LOADS of cheap tickets outside, just know how to deal with the touts

I'll give you an example, when Rammstein played Dublin i went, the next day i went back home for 4 days, they were playing the MEN Arena in Manchester so i asked my daughter if she'd like to go, we went along, ticketless.

Approached the first tout, asked him how much, and mentioned we'd only pay as little as possible as not really arsed about the gig, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about :pac::pac:

Payed 35stg for a pair of really great lower tier seats by the stage, face value was 40 each. If you wait until the supposrt bands are nearly over you'll get them cheaper

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

You're probably right Scud, I've never had any experience dealing with touts, I've heard they can be dodgy hoors, that's why I'd be apprehensive about getting tickets off one, could genuinely be a great deal or the f*cker could be laughing at you as you walk away.

You're probably right Scud, I've never had any experience dealing with touts, I've heard they can be dodgy hoors, that's why I'd be apprehensive about getting tickets off one, could genuinely be a great deal or the f*cker could be laughing at you as you walk away.

I use touts a LOT, you really have to know how to deal with them, they're generally decent guys, if you're not happy just say "Nah, i'll just sit in pub till gigs over and meet me mates then", they'd rather any sort of cash in their hand than a useless ticket.

Picked up a pair standing for Slash for 30quid for 2, i walked away and he called me back.

Also, whatever you want to pay, say, 80stg a pair for DC, have the cash seperate in your pocket and say it's all you can spare, if you pulled a wallet out with a lot more in you're bargaining power goes down

scudzilla wrote: »
    I use touts a LOT,

Ever have any dodgy experiences with them? (i.e got dodgy tickets or something)

• Advertisement

Ever have any dodgy experiences with them? (i.e got dodgy tickets or something)

Never, i'll never buy a print off, only a hard ticket.

I find them easy to deal with, and over the years they've saved me a small fortune on gigs.

Also, never ever accept their first price

The band have given an interview, Angus clarifies why Brian left and Axl comes comes across well enough.

www.blabbermouth.net/news/angus-young-denies-brian-johnson-was-fired-from-acdc/

A girl streamed this whole concert live from the front row. She's only there for Axl, though, and is talking about how stupid AC/DC fans are in between songs, and that they're disgusting.

But I think Axl nailed it, overall.

A girl streamed this whole concert live from the front row. She's only there for Axl, though, and is talking about how stupid AC/DC fans are in between songs, and that they're disgusting.

But I think Axl nailed it, overall.

she sounded like a ride though ;)

Was realy really good overall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

He was pretty much spot on on every tune. Far far better than I expected.

Nate

Pity they didn't do more Powerage stuff when Brian was still around, they'll probably stick rigidly to that for the entire run.

www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2016/passeio-maritimo-de-alges-oeiras-portugal-43f10307.html

scudzilla wrote: »
    she sounded like a ride though ;)

Was realy really good overall

The camera turned to her briefly. She wasn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

5 * guardian review with some pro footage. Axl sounds better than he has in years.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/08/acdc-review-axl-rose-lisbon-first-gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Good reviews for AR & the band in Lisbon:
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/08/acdc-review-axl-rose-lisbon-first-gig
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-triumphs-at-ac-dc-debut-in-lisbon-20160507?page=2

Sounds like hats off to Angus. And humble pie for many of the doubters (myself included).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Jesus, Axl sounds more like '1980 Brian' than Brian does now! He's really putting the effort in, to be fair.

Advertisement