Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Phil Rudd playing Dolans warehouse in Limerick (29 June) and some pub in Portlaoise (30th) to add to previous gig announced Limelight in Belfast (24th)

Kavanagh's Pub Portlaoise

https://www.facebook.com/kavanaghs/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Jesus just when you thought life couldn't get any worse for poor aul Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

sentient_6 wrote: »

Will he even be allowed leave Oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

New Zealand! This article is interesting with quotes at the end about travel and gigging:

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503343&objectid=11638962

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've said this all along, how is he getting a visa with his record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,548 ✭✭✭✭briany

AC/DC Brasil's Twitter reporting that the Wrigley Field DVD is cancelled.

briany wrote: »
    AC/DC Brasil's Twitter reporting that the Wrigley Field DVD is cancelled.

Was there much point? Playing 3/4 of the setlist that was on their other live releases :D

Was there much point? Playing 3/4 of the setlist that was on their other live releases :D

Turns out that the AC/DC Brasil Twitter source was full of it and it amounted to nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumour. However, nothing from Sony, yet, by way of an official announcement.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Would ACDC record a new album with Axl Rose on vocals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Would ACDC record a new album with Axl Rose on vocals?

Not if Brian has his way he wants to be back onstage again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It would be a strange album with no Malcolm, Cliff or Phil even if Brian does sing on it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was nice to see Brian sing with Muse last night.

Still no word on the tour DVD, has it been cancelled?

sentient_6 wrote: »

Phil Rudd Tour cancelled, doubt anyones shocked apparently a key member of the band couldn't travel :rolleyes:

Phil Rudd Tour cancelled, doubt anyones shocked apparently a key member of the band couldn't travel :rolleyes:

So....Phil, then?

That tour of his has been a bit of a joke. I believe the company organising the thing badly mismanaged it, and there's a guy posting on the AC/DC forum who claims he'd been working on the tour and never received payment. Odd, because Phil has a good bit of money, and he seemed very into his album and doing a tour, so you'd think he'd have used his financial resources to make sure a competent crowd was running the whole thing.

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've said this all along, how is he getting a visa with his record

And he's cancelled the tour :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is this for the rescheduled October dates?

Is this for the rescheduled October dates?

yep, rescheduling for June apparently, but in 9 months time he'll still have the same record and visa issues

scudzilla wrote: »
    yep, rescheduling for June apparently, but in 9 months time he'll still have the same record and visa issues

thanks. Yes, according to the post on his facebook page, there is the suggestion that they might be able to reschedule.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/PhilRuddOfficial/posts/?ref=page_internal

here is the statement:

"Hi everyone, as you will know we had to very reluctantly cancel and/or postpone the Phil Rudd Band shows scheduled in the UK between 14th and 21st September 2017.
    It is now with deep regret the we are forced to cancel and/or postpone the remaining shows booked in from 22nd September and 6th November 2017.
    Unforeseen last-minute circumstances and key logistical & technical issues have resulted in having to take this much regrettable action that no one could foresee or want.
    ... Both Phil and his band were very keen to perform again in Europe and hope this ambition can be fully realised in 2018 which is already being worked on and explored now. Indeed the Phil Rudd Band were fully rehearsed and ready to travel.
    Phil Rudd remains in good health and circumstances beyond his control have taken place for which we duly apologise for any & all inconvenience caused to promoters , agent and most of all the fans.
    It is our intention to tour Phil Rudd Band in May and June 2018 and we would dearly like to re-schedule our existing bookings for shows due this period.
    Stay tuned !."

Angus and Malcolm's older brother, George, has passed away, aged 70.

He had a successful band of his own in the 60s called The Easybeats, and went on to produce several other Australian bands, including AC/DC, on all their early albums, as well as a couple later on in their career.

Bit of a shock, this one.

• Advertisement

He wrote Love Is In The Air, which I never knew until now, it's fair to say without him AC/DC wouldn't be one of the biggest bands in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

We all knew this was coming but sad nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/931890175227105280

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Giving this a bump as according to Rose Tattoo front-man Angry Anderson, Angus is working on new music.
    I was talking to Angus earlier last year when we were doing the encores and we were opening for Guns ‘n’ Roses but Angus and I were asked to do the encores and I said to him “What are you going to do?” and he said “Mate I’m writing a new album.” I thought “Cool” so I asked him who was in the band and he said “Axl.” Brian’s not there, Phil’s not there, Cliff’s not there, sadly Malcolm’s not there. And there are these people, and yes it’s sad that the original line-up aren’t there anymore but it’s the songs, people who have supported them all the way through their career they want to hear the songs. And in a sense we owe that to people, so really it’s a debt of gratitude and what we’re saying is you’ve stood by us, we’ll stand by you. So Angus, and let’s face it he doesn’t need the money, he acknowledges that there are still millions of people around the world that want to hear AC/DC songs played live. In the same way, though on a much lesser scale obviously there are plenty of people around the world who want to hear the songs that made Rose Tattoo famous. They want to hear those songs played live. And this is a line-up that can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Giving this a bump as according to Rose Tattoo front-man Angry Anderson, Angus is working on new music.

cool but would they sell out stadiums with a almost new ACDC lineup ??

be cool if they toured arenas and played the 3arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Brian’s not there, Phil’s not there, Cliff’s not there, sadly Malcolm’s not there...

Don't do it Angus.

Rose Tattoo

Playing Voodoo Lounge & LL2 w/ Girlschool announced today :D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cool but would they sell out stadiums with a almost new ACDC lineup ??

be cool if they toured arenas and played the 3arena

It would be kinda like Guns when everyone jumped ship and Axl rebooted the band several times over, people still came to see them because of the name & songs & not who was in the band. Same applies to AC/DC as mentioned in the above statement..

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They survived the passing of Bon Scott, and the "retirement" of Brian Johnson. Just looking at Wiki, and they list 8 "past" members. Angus was always the mainstay of and driver behind them, and so long as he's performing at such a high level people will still think of them as AC/DC.

Having said that, the way Malcolm went, you do have to wonder how long he'll want to go on for. Then again when I saw the Stones back in 82, I was wondering the same about Jagger and Richards!

Well Angus is only 62, you'd imagine he's got a few more years left in the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well Angus is only 62, you'd imagine he's got a few more years left in the tank.
    And I'm only 5 years younger than that, but still actively race my bike. There are plenty of people merrily rocking away in their 70s. I guess though that something like an older brother dying like that can make people think a bit more about whether that lifestyle is still for them.

Advertisement