Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I detest the split rim look with the little bolts things on the edge, look so fussy

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

I detest the split rim look with the little bolts things on the edge, look so fussy

Ya some people don't like the bolts, they are 3 piece wheels though so the bolts are necessary to keep the wheel together!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I like the split rim look as it is aggressive, we need more aggressive in our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I know you want to change those wheels FN but those are one of the nicest wheels for the e39 in my humble opinion. I think nearly all aftermarket wheels will cheapen the look of it. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Both those cars are looking great

At the moment I have 2 different OEM sets that I'm trying to sort, 18" Staggered Style 32 and 18" Staggered M-Parallels, reckon I might go for the 32's!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

530d are a great car in e39 form, brother has one.

Very capable package for the money

Problem though is trying to find a clean one at this stage. Most of them are 13+ years old with North of 200k miles. Finding one that doesn't need suspension, brakes, cooling parts done etc is going to be tall order and even if you do you'll pay through the nose for it.

Good car though the E39 is I don't think I could pay €1500 to tax it and have a 190 odd bho diesel 5er....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

166man wrote: »
    Problem though is trying to find a clean one at this stage. Most of them are 13+ years old with North of 200k miles. Finding one that doesn't need suspension, brakes, cooling parts done etc is going to be tall order and even if you do you'll pay through the nose for it.

Good car though the E39 is I don't think I could pay €1500 to tax it and have a 190 odd bho diesel 5er....

Very true, I've been looking for one for a while. I got lucky with this one. Power wise a proper remap, straight pipes, egr delete, and you might be up to 230bhp or so, and shed loads of torque! That's the plan anyhow. This one has less than 200k on the clocks, 4 x brand new bridgestone potenza re-002's.... no suspension problems I could find, not a rattle or bang, suspension feels very tight. Only current issue is it needs an ABS module.

Genuine m-sport, not a re kitted one... and very clean inside and out. It does need NCT, but has only done 3,000 miles since it's last one.i paid €1200 for it!

Cx9qJNT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

166man wrote: »

They are all about the torque tbh as with all 6 cylinder diesels

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Few pics of my E36 i found when i was at auto hereos :)

IMG_5781.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_8604_700x467.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Few pics of my E36 i found when i was at auto hereos :)

IMG_5781.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_8604_700x467.jpg

12657935_1195970670473997_3821051960374516386_o.jpg

Daaryl. That is mint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Take it over a 'twin cam' any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Had this in the fixerupper thread. €250 quid 01 320 diesel
    IMAG0237_zpsxud6sytw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Looks very tidy. What's wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

GvidoR wrote: »

It's a 320d :pac:

GvidoR wrote: »

Lying up for 18 months put a battery in it and abs light is on . Needs trackin and that's it

It's a 320d :pac:

I know but it'll do me for next six months til I get me land cruiser

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's a fine job for €250

Another one
    IMAG0231_zpsel3d5yei.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

An old photo of my Mark 5 TDi. Had to remove the bumper just to replace the external temperature sensor. It used to inform me that it was either plus 50 degrees or minus 20 odd :D. Traded it in for a Passat Jan of 15, wish I kept it now. Great car and decent power at 105BHP.

IMG_0438_zpswu40d3jj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Good old WD40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Now use it to clean that front end. I couldn't bare it to put everything back on knowing it was that filthy underneath. Ocd much? yeah a bit now and then...:o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

NhIFvp9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Is that by any chance a 430d beside you and does it belong to Shane732???

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is that by any chance a 430d beside you and does it belong to Shane732???

No clue. Don't think it was a 430 anyway.

Dat E46

Are your headlights smoked? Was thinking about doing it to mine but I think it'd be too much black.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Are your headlights smoked? Was thinking about doing it to mine but I think it'd be too much black.

Once you go black...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Noooooooooooooooooo !!!!

homer90 wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Yeah, that was my thinking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Try fly eyes kit, FN. It'll give you an idea and you can peel it off if you don't like the look.

• Advertisement

No they're not! The corner indicator lenses are separate and they are black for the most part. But they aren't smoked! I think they were one of the first mods I did!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement