Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

12657935_1195970670473997_3821051960374516386_o.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

joujoujou wrote: »
    Corolla. :)

Is it?!!

Think I need my eyes tested :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Jesus. wrote: »
    Is it?!!

Think I need my eyes tested :cool:

Could be worse. ;)

//says the one who actually has his eye test booked already. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

Vroom Vroom
    FullSizeRender%201_zpsepgaqzil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Jesus hello there :)

Nice collection!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I wanna see more pics of the Cortina :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I wanna see more pics of the Cortina :)

One sec :) I'll walk there in the rain

12669529_1135616339782063_1453690063618619328_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9add1036d407d83ecaea5a18edc2222f&oe=57338F48

12644968_1135616359782061_5490828738201030684_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e2813a7e8953992a2f6bc89d17f9e60f&oe=577136A9

Disclaimer : not my car

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Upgraded my rotary polisher to a dual action and decided to spend a couple of hours detailing today.

IMG_20160131_WA0003.jpg

2016_01_31_15.jpg

2016_01_31_16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

j2dab wrote: »
    Vroom Vroom

I'm sure most will eye the Porsche but it's the C63 for me. Always great to see an AMG on Irish plates, awesome car!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I've been viewing these over the past few weeks and finally found one decent enough to pull the trigger on.

It's a 1990 Mazda Eunos with 228k kms and 9 months ticket. Receipts from the garage in October show it's had new outer sills, new clutch, new ngk plugs and a complete service incl brake fluid and coolant.

Mechanically it's pretty good. I covered 250 miles in it today with a mix of motorway and back roads and it drove great. The main roof is perfect but during a storm over Christmas the back window split. It's been repaired with clear tent tape and isn't leaking.

The paint is gone very flat and needs sorting, as do the 14" alloys. The seats need replacing in all honesty also due to cracks in the leather. It also has a couple of areas that are bubbling but all appear solid so I'll clean and treat them when over the next few weeks.

All in all I'm pretty bloody happy. It's not perfect but there is room to work with it. It's driving great too.

IMG-20160128-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20160128-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20160128-WA0009.jpg
    20160131_151736.jpg
    20160130_092926.jpg
    20160130_092911.jpg
    20160130_092901.jpg
    20160130_092854.jpg
    20160130_092846.jpg
    20160130_092827.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I've been viewing these over the past few weeks and finally found one decent enough to pull the trigger on.

It's a 1990 Mazda Eunos with 228k kms and 9 months ticket. Receipts from the garage in October show it's had new outer sills, new clutch, new ngk plugs and a complete service incl brake fluid and coolant.

Mechanically it's pretty good. I covered 250 miles in it today with a mix of motorway and back roads and it drove great. The main roof is perfect but during a storm over Christmas the back window split. It's been repaired with clear tent tape and isn't leaking.

The paint is gone very flat and needs sorting, as do the 14" alloys. The seats need replacing in all honesty also due to cracks in the leather. It also has a couple of areas that are bubbling but all appear solid so I'll clean and treat them when over the next few weeks.

All in all I'm pretty bloody happy. It's not perfect but there is room to work with it. It's driving great too.

Nice! Looks exactly like mine but I have a black version of it :) from 92 and 178xxx km

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Wow ba!

Lovely choice, love the steering wheel!

Asmooh wrote: »
    Nice! Looks exactly like mine but I have a black version of it :)
    Mechanically it's been looked after but the paint needs restoring and some correction. I need to get bits like the ac button and also new seats. I'm also hoping to get a new glass back window. The alloys I'll respray too. They're tiny but original, much like the rest of it.

And that radio wants the bin.

YbFocus wrote: »
    Wow ba!

Lovely choice, love the steering wheel!

It feels great to hold. It really looks and feels like an MGB. I was genuinely amazed with how well it drove. I've new original springs to fit to the front as it's a bit low but it's great to drive. The previous owners were great and up front about things theyd done and little foibles so it was actually a pleasure doing business on donedeal for a change! Receipts for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

My collection of V8's
    e2MJpJW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Not the most exciting car to ever go in here. Picked this up today for around the price of 6 months tax on the Celica. Seems legit, 2000, 3 previous owners, no history, no tax, no test, no peteol. bodywork is tatty but no real paintwork damage, check engine light is on. Cold started beautifully and drives like a dream.

IMG_20160131_183834.jpg
    IMG_20160131_183816.jpg
    IMG_20160131_183851.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice buy tfb. Any plans for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not the most exciting car to ever go in here. Picked this up today for around the price of 6 months tax on the Celica. Seems legit, 2000, 3 previous owners, no history, no tax, no test, no peteol. bodywork is tatty but no real paintwork damage, check engine light is on. Cold started beautifully and drives like a dream.

Welcome to bangornomics world hehe. One of us. :)
    The more I drive my banger pug, the more I love it. Already saved me a lot of money. If it does on me, I'll get new one lol. Driving bakers is awesome, plus they got best hand breaks ever, and you don't mind using them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Best of luck TFB with the Yaris! Yaris friend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Might be up for sale very soon! Details to follow if it is

iKy8kPH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I had a one litre of those, it is a tank of a car, never an ounce of trouble out of her.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Nice buy tfb. Any plans for it?

Glad you asked :)

i've spent the last fortnight casually looking through the classifieds for a fixerupper.

The plan is to make a bit of a blog about it and hopefully a few others in time, where I but it, legitimately repair it, present it and flip it, mainly just to see how it plays out. With so many cowboys in the game of flipping cars doing nothing more than removing the check engine light and adding tyre shine, it'l be interesting to see the figures when done honestly, particularly what the final profit (or loss) breaks down as when it's divided by the total hours invested.

It needs 2 tyres and something is bringing on the check engine light, that's all that's obvious. Other than that an oil and filter change and a headlight alignment and hopefully an NCT.

Maybe I just caught you's on a good day but i'd say that's my most thanked post ever, so thanks for that lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I bet the CEL is from an oxygen sensor.

Me and P0420 are well acquainted :pac: the check engine light has been on in my sisters Yaris for around 2 years and the Celica for around 6 months with that fault code. It's never prevented an NCT thankfully, could certainly be other things, but i'm hopeful that this will be the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Do you have an OBD reader?

As a Toyota owner, i'd be lost without out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Me and P0420 are well acquainted :pac: the check engine light has been on in my sisters Yaris for around 2 years and the Celica for around 6 months with that fault code. It's never prevented an NCT thankfully, could certainly be other things, but i'm hopeful that this will be the same :)

Haha, mine has the P0420 up as well. Flies through the NCT though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

#YarisLife

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

#YarisLife

I didn't choose the Yaris life. The Yaris life chose me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Came across this snap I took towards the end of Summer last year just after a spit and polish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement