Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4; Episode 2: 'The Lion and the Rose'; *Have NOT* Read the Books

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If that is the real explanation behind HOW Joffrey was poisoned, I'm still completely in the dark as to the WHY!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    If that is the real explanation behind HOW Joffrey was poisoned, I'm still completely in the dark as to the WHY!:)

If it is the HOW, the WHY is pretty obvious (spoiler tagged just in case...)
    Sansa hates Joffrey. She is literally his prisoner and she is at his mercy... of which, he had none. Why wouldn't she try to kill him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Bacchus wrote: »
    Sansa hates Joffrey. She is literally his prisoner and she is at his mercy... of which, he had none. Why wouldn't she try to kill him.

If we're talking about the same imgur album
    Sansa didn't do it. She was just a mule for the poisoned stones. The old woman can now pin it on Sansa and Tyrion. Sansa is oblivious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Bacchus wrote: »
    But but but
    My reading of that explanation of the conspiracy was that Sansa wasn't in on it at all, she was just asked to wear a necklace!

EDIT: What Grimebox said!
    But still, seeing a lot of luck involved for the blame to be shifted away so efficiently. Don't see how they could've planned that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

But but but
    My reading of that explanation of the conspiracy was that Sansa wasn't in on it at all, she was just asked to wear a necklace!

EDIT: What Grimebox said!
    But still, seeing a lot of luck involved for the blame to be shifted away so efficiently. Don't see how they could've planned that at all.

If its right then the mule is also being set up for the fall. Its the only reason to do it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

What's the difference between a nweb and a show-watcher in that?

It's season 4. Some people have been obsessing over everything about the show for 4 years now. While others have only recently been persuaded to give in to the hype and watch it. Some may have had a marathon session of watching the DVDs while others may not have ever seen the full series but still have plenty of reason to hate Joffrey from this one episode alone. But of course the joke is that everyone responded pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Spoilers in the Have NOT Read the Books thread gives me a sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Spoilers in the Have NOT Read the Books thread gives me a sad :(

It's a fcuking joke tbh.. Will never understand why people do it.. Hope the whoever originally posted the spoiler gets perma-banned from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

such an odd situation with the tv and books running at the same time. I gave up on the books a couple of chapters into a feast for crows. Just got too tedious for me personally. Too many names, and don't really love his style. The content is fantastic though obviously, and when its all dripped through the filter of television/HBO it becomesincredibly entertaining.

So I'm in the strange position of knowing that
    he died
    , but was so confused by that stage in the books that I didn't know
    who killed him, or if he just choked or what
    . Spoiling anything for anyone is a prick move, but it'll be mighty hard avoiding them over the next few weeks. Especially the way content just pops up on newsfeeds etc etc

edit: those spoilers are only about the episode, not about the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Would the people putting book spoilers in here kindly jog on!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

D.Q wrote: »
    such an odd situation with the tv and books running at the same time. I gave up on the books a couple of chapters into a feast for crows. Just got too tedious for me personally. Too many names, and don't really love his style. The content is fantastic though obviously, and when its all dripped through the filter of television/HBO it becomesincredibly entertaining.

So I'm in the strange position of knowing that
    he died
    , but was so confused by that stage in the books that I didn't know
    who killed him, or if he just choked or what
    . Spoiling anything for anyone is a prick move, but it'll be mighty hard avoiding them over the next few weeks. Especially the way content just pops up on newsfeeds etc etc

edit: those spoilers are only about the episode, not about the books.

I don't think it's necessary to spoiler tag stuff that happened in this episode if it's not based on knowledge from the books? Spoiler tags shouldn't really be appearing in this thread in general, everyone posting should be in the same boat as regards how much they've seen?

The spoiler tags over the last couple pages are a courtesy to other posters and are just hiding discussion about that link which itself is just hyper analysis of the episode. Whether it was made with knowledge of the books or not I dont know (I havent read the books) but every single thing in it is a comment on what happened in episode 2 and I seen nothing referencing the books.

I get that it ruins the mystery if its actually right (which is why some posters spoiler tagged the discussion of it) but people have to take responsibility too for the fact they are online on discussion forums where episodes are being dissected. If you dont want to see or hear such details then dont come in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

THFC wrote: »
    It's a fcuking joke tbh.. Will never understand why people do it.. Hope the whoever originally posted the spoiler gets perma-banned from this forum.

I have a feeling one or two posters on this thread have read the books and is pretending to be just guessing what's going on. Actually I'm fairly certain but I'll leave it at that. Not tryin to be a dîck but going into detail could lead to potential spoilers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cracking episode, really happy with Joffrey getting a nice painful death, but I really will miss the little ****er! Actor has to get a huge amount of credit for his portrayal of him. Tyrion being so cruel to Shae must have been very hard for him, but the fact that we dont actually see her go and how Bronn assures Tyrion she is definitely gone makes me think we may not have seen the last of her :) Seems to be the way Martin writes! Unpredictability becoming somewhat predictable!

Going from opportunity the only logical conclusion is that Oleanna (sp?) Tyrell is responsible for the murder, nobody else had opportunity really that fits the timing, Tyrion would have been seen interfering with it, and and he just obviously didnt do it! Sansa, I am not certain she has it in her to take a life, regardless of how badly that person deserves it!! The goblet is then placed in front of Oleanna, by Margery, who I would imagine is complicit in the act, before it is returned to Joffrey and he only shows a reaction to what he has drunk at that point.

No other person fits tbh and there was also plenty of focus on her, her unhappiness with lots of things surrounding the wedding and indeed the wedding itself.

I dont believe Tywin had any hand in it, nor Cersei but I think Littlefinger is conspicuous by his absence, was it explained why he is not at the wedding? He is a schemer and his absence casts suspicion on him along with his connection to the Tyrells.

Cannot wait till next week now, going to be downloading instead of watching on Sky Atlantic though, they ruined the mood with ads for me

Edit: Just to clarify after I read the post above mine, I have not read the books or anything like that, my post is purely speculative from my own watching of the episode and all that led up to that for the last 3 seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Kold wrote: »
    I think it was Tywin. It actually consolidates his grip getting the monster out, people will embrace the new Lannister after that nutjob. Also masterfully swats the Tyrrells aside and whatever they had in mind. However, the glancing looks from the two gay lads suggests that they may have a new alliance to come.

Be funny if it turns out it was the Kingslayer out of habit.

Err, pushing aside the second richest house on the continent when you are in a pile of debt and have a battered army wouldn't be masterfully swatting away a problem, it would be creating a new, much more severe one.

I assume Margery will be married off to the younger brother unless Tywin has taken leave of his senses completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭thefa

I am speculating about the validity of the imugr theory
    of Olenna poisoning the goblet. So she is supposed to have dropped poison into the goblet on the next table a good couple of metres away, all while just to the side of the crowd's view of Joffrey and in front of that kingsguard who's shoulder you can see just over Sansa's right shoulder in the picture below. Risky to put it mildly for such a smart woman.

Link related to above.
    http://i.imgur.com/yPnRA3o.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The spoiler tags over the last couple pages are a courtesy to other posters and are just hiding discussion about that link which itself is just hyper analysis of the episode. Whether it was made with knowledge of the books or not I dont know (I havent read the books) but every single thing in it is a comment on what happened in episode 2 and I seen nothing referencing the books.

I get that it ruins the mystery if its actually right (which is why some posters spoiler tagged the discussion of it) but people have to take responsibility too for the fact they are online on discussion forums where episodes are being dissected. If you dont want to see or hear such details then dont come in here.

Yeah I understand that. I was referring to the poster I quoted and what he used spoiler tags on.

Putting spoiler tags on the stuff about the link is absolutely the correct thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

D.Q wrote: »
    . I gave up on the books a couple of chapters into a feast for crows. Just got too tedious for me personally. Too many names. .

I found the same and another poster gave me a link to a great combined reading order for books 4 and 5. If you want the link let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Was that Bran controlling a dragon in his vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

irish son wrote: »
    Was that Bran controlling a dragon in his vision?

I think so. I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen eventually. It was the first thing I thought when I knew what he could do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

So Bran could pose problems for the dragon lady? That's interesting. His whole power is strange though. Can he only do that since he fell the from the window? Also, where is he supposed to be going? To meet Jon Snow?

So Bran could pose problems for the dragon lady? That's interesting. His whole power is strange though. Can he only do that since he fell the from the window? Also, where is he supposed to be going? To meet Jon Snow?

He's gone beyond the wall following the three eyed crow or whatever it is in his dreams. After talking to the tree in the last episode he seems to be off to another tree further north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

He's gone beyond the wall following the three eyed crow or whatever it is in his dreams. After talking to the tree in the last episode he seems to be off to another tree further north.

Good Lord. I hope that story picks up pace a bit.

Good Lord. I hope that story picks up pace a bit.

Not all the stories can move at the same pace, some need to be built up slowly, kept on the back burner but the audience still kept aware they are happening tbh.

Its integral to telling a huge story like this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I liked the subtle bit where it cuts from theon and ramsey snow straight to tyrion and jamie cutting up and eating sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

And Brienne loves jaime....!?

Cant believe how much i really like Jaime Lannister now!

I don't even think Jamie has changed a whole lot over the course of the show, but he is certainly one of my favorite characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

That whole story with Bran is really testing me. He his just following his visions with no indication of what they mean. We also have no idea who these two kids who joined him are. It would be fitting in this show if he randomly got killed all of a sudden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Grimebox wrote: »
    That whole story with Bran is really testing me. He his just following his visions with no indication of what they mean. We also have no idea who these two kids who joined him are. It would be fitting in this show if he randomly got killed all of a sudden.

They've explained how the Reeds know the Starks. It was in an episode pretty soon after they met last season.

Advertisement