Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sundrive Track League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

This starts Wednesday. Weather forecast isn't 100% but it's usually always brighter and dryer than the forecast predicts. See whoever there.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

This starts Wednesday. Weather forecast isn't 100% but it's usually always brighter and dryer than the forecast predicts. See whoever there.

I'm heading over.

My first real attempt at a commitment to the track, so I meant to say that if it goes well then I might buy your 56cm frame for the Autumn league if you still have it. Just want to make sure I'm cut out for the track before I buy one.

C-Shore wrote: »
    I'm heading over.

My first real attempt at a commitment to the track, so I meant to say that if it goes well then I might buy your 56cm frame for the Autumn league if you still have it. Just want to make sure I'm cut out for the track before I buy one.

That's a lot of mights :)

That's a lot of mights :)

Haha well I've been enjoying training so far, just have to see how racing goes.

I've priced up everything so I am committed to it, so as long as I don't get laughed off the track, I will!

C-Shore wrote: »
    Haha well I've been enjoying training so far, just have to see how racing goes.

I've priced up everything so I am committed to it, so as long as I don't get laughed off the track, I will!

No-one laughs at anyone at track. Just don't do anything dangerously stupid and everyone's friends. We all have to start somewhere. This is year four or five at it for me and things have changed a lot for me in that space of time.

• Advertisement

No-one laughs at anyone at track. Just don't do anything dangerously stupid and everyone's friends. We all have to start somewhere. This is year four or five at it for me and things have changed a lot for me in that space of time.

Cool, I'm really looking forward to it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,866 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to add to Harry's comments - it's a great atmosphere at a Sundrive Track League night. I'm not going to be fit for any racing during the summer league, but will try and head down a couple of evenings just for the craic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I can't wait for Wednesday, my aim is to not come dead last. I am way too excited about it. :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What's the rules on jerseys, is it club kit only or what is acceptable?

Eh, club kit or plain AFAIK?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I think it can be anything you want as long as its not floppy (for safety, so it doesnt get caught in anything) and covers your arms(no sleeveless tops)

no livestrong gear allowed tho, only for chain rags!

1 guy from our team used to wear long khaki shorts until he decided to move to lyrca!

Ive worn Japanese club gear a couple of times

its only championships that you have to wear club or plain with no logos.

Im 85% sure on all the above

theres some heavy rain moving north easterly but it might just bypass us, its due on the edge of west Dublin in around 90mins

That was awesome,

Yep that was class. I am officially hopelessly addicted now!

What kit were you in CramCycle? I was the lady in the grey 3/4 length shorts :D *waves*

gadetra wrote: »
    Yep that was class. I am officially hopelessly addicted now!
    What kit were you in CramCycle? I was the lady in the grey 3/4 length shorts :D *waves*
    I seen you, I was on the Red fuji in a Tiernans jersey (blue/purple/red). I was in the Cs. I will say hello next week.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I seen you, I was on the Red fuji in a Tiernans jersey (blue/purple/red). I was in the Cs. I will say hello next week.

Ah I had no idea who you were. I'll also say hi next week! :pac:

See you Saturday :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,866 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just a little tip - don't praise it too much as otherwise everyone will start to realise how good it is, encouraging even more to turn up, and risking finishing further down the field!!

One of the best nights racing I've been to. Every race was very interesting and a lot of riders have come on leaps and bounds and some newbie surprises. I'm glad to see those from boards who attended enjoyed it, especially considering the dull weather and darkness.

Anyone who started this week will learn plenty in the next few races and you'll find yourself getting more comfortable and stronger as time goes on.

Onwards and upwards.

One of the best nights racing I've been to. Every race was very interesting and a lot of riders have come on leaps and bounds and some newbie surprises. I'm glad to see those from boards who attended enjoyed it, especially considering the dull weather and darkness.

Anyone who started this week will learn plenty in the next few races and you'll find yourself getting more comfortable and stronger as time goes on.

Onwards and upwards.

It was deadly. I also don't know what you look like in real life, so I am not being snobby I just haven't figured out who you are yet! (Or maybe you are enjoying the silence ;) )

Also the speed of the A's, feicin hell :eek: :eek:

I was the tall guy with the Look bike.

I only know a few boards people there,
    great turn out tonite and luckily the rain stayed away till the end

theres something nice about being in a race just for the fun of it, Ill miss that soon!

gadetra wrote: »
    It was deadly. I also don't know what you look like in real life, so I am not being snobby I just haven't figured out who you are yet! (Or maybe you are enjoying the silence ;) )

Also the speed of the A's, feicin hell :eek: :eek:

he looks like a slimmer version of Tim from Tim&Eric!

• Advertisement

I was the tall guy with the Look bike.

I only know a few boards people there,
    great turn out tonite and luckily the rain stayed away till the end

theres something nice about being in a race just for the fun of it, Ill miss that soon!

Ah hello, I'll say hi the next time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Adam even has time to look at the camera. Kid is flying.

Actually, did anyone have a Garmin/Strava/Whatever on during racing last night? Saw one entry in Strava, but not sure if times for the track are trustworthy?

Actually, did anyone have a Garmin/Strava/Whatever on during racing last night? Saw one entry in Strava, but not sure if times for the track are trustworthy?

I had mine on in my back pocket for one or two of the races, 14sec for a 200m and 33sec for a lap, I wouldn't trust them though as I worked out my cadence at 176rpm for my top speed which sounds unlikely. I imagine due to the small area covered that there would be more error than a long road spin but they look alright in terms of locations

Hmmm, it's interesting. A 33 sec lap is about 55km/h which is between 120/130rpm on a 50x15. The As were definitely pulling that off. 176rpm... In all honesty, you never know, you were a lot smoother on that gear the some of the newer guys were on the rental gearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Matching kit and bike looks well on the lad up front, he does seem to have somewhat of a kit advantage on the rest of ye mind!

Inquitus wrote: »
    Matching kit and bike looks well on the lad up front, he does seem to have somewhat of a kit advantage on the rest of ye mind!

He always looks better than the rest of us. National Vet Scratch Champ with probably the most exciting and deserving win I've ever witnessed on the track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

Inquitus wrote: »

It's not about the bike/kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

It's not about the bike/kit

Did you not tell me recently you've gotten a new bike?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement