Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sundrive Track League

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭SERCPRO

Well done to all. I enjoyed the night and both leagues.
    It's amazing what a difference a year makes on the track from never finishing any of the races last year and getting blown out most of the time to actually finishing races and getting some results.
    I'm going to have track withdrawals when the curtain closes on the season, the only silver lining is the next CX race is not too far away :)

When does it start back next year?[/QUOTE]

March/April as far as my memory can recall.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bring on next season ....

(when with a bit of luck I'll actually get to race!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Missed the last four weeks due to holidays and work but looking forward to the fun races next week, time to start practice track standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

SERCPRO wrote: »
    Well done to all. I enjoyed the night and both leagues.
    It's amazing what a difference a year makes on the track from never finishing any of the races last year and getting blown out most of the time to actually finishing races and getting some results.
    I'm going to have track withdrawals when the curtain closes on the season, the only silver lining is the next CX race is not too far away :)

That's actually really encouraging to hear! I only got back training in February after my youth hiatus of 10 years, so with a winter done this year I'd be happy to perform to your level next year.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Missed the last four weeks due to holidays and work but looking forward to the fun races next week, time to start practice track standing.

Yeah noticed you missing last night, it was your kind of night too with the races that were on.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Bring on next season ....

(when with a bit of luck I'll actually get to race!)

Are you back on your bike yet?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

C-Shore wrote: »
    Are you back on your bike yet?
    Was back "on" the bike quite quickly (well OK, far too quickly!). Came along to one of the youth training sessions a few weeks ago and I'd hoped to do a league evening or perhaps next week's "friendly" racing, but medical advice/instruction is I should not race this year

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Beasty wrote: »
    Was back "on" the bike quite quickly (well OK, far too quickly!). Came along to one of the youth training sessions a few weeks ago and I'd hoped to do a league evening or perhaps next week's "friendly" racing, but medical advice/instruction is I should not race this year

Pity, really hope you get enough training in to get back down to it for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

dc16f00ccae6527e50d2cd6fbaa634c2.jpg

medal presentations are on tonite, doubt any racing will go ahead with the way things look now outside and on the rainfall radar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

And like that it was over :(

It was too wet to race, but we had some training instead, Hugh discovered a new breakthrough flying 200 coaching technique with us which was pretty cool but it was really really wet.
    The presentation was lovely, I got best newcomer which I could't believe! So shocked! It took everything I have not to say fúck off out loud. Although I suspect it's mainly cos I keep turning up to stuff :p

My friend Sofie got second in the ladies league which was deadly, she's a real talent and I think will definitely medal next year on the nationals if not this weekend. Exciting stuff!

A soggy end to the league, won't know what to do with myself of a Wednesday evening now! Good luck to everyone on Saturday, I am both excited and scared of what's to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a pursuit cockpit I could borrow (or possibly even buy if the price is right) for Saturday?

I've surprisingly secured a slot for the pursuit, and don't have a pursuit cockpit....and run the risk of looking like an absolute fred....

I have a variety of stems, and clip on TT bars, so even a decent base bar would do....

• Advertisement

colm_gti wrote: »
    Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a pursuit cockpit I could borrow (or possibly even buy if the price is right) for Saturday?

I've surprisingly secured a slot for the pursuit, and don't have a pursuit cockpit....and run the risk of looking like an absolute fred....

I have a variety of stems, and clip on TT bars, so even a decent base bar would do....
    might not be a good idea, well its probably the least dangerous event to use tt bars without practice as its slower than a 1km tt, and not a team pursuit with 3 others riding wheel to wheel

have you used them on the road? you wont have much time to get them set up right, Id just use the drop bars and not worry about it.

I did team pursuit with steel sprint bars a few weeks ago, and and the Orwell guys all used drop bars! Track is Fred friendly either-way

Cool people don't have pursuit bars :cool: :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Congrats Gadetra, had to bail before I arrias I got a text to say my son had a temp of 40+. Sorry I missed the awards, two longford cyclists getting track awards in one year is a sight to behold.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Congrats Gadetra, had to bail before I arrias I got a text to say my son had a temp of 40+. Sorry I missed the awards, two longford cyclists getting track awards in one year is a sight to behold.

Ha we can form a former midlanders supergroup with the young Mullingar lad. :p
    Hope the young fella is ok, and back on hazard discovery soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

Colm you can borrow my set, I'm sidelined with a stress fracture of the fibula so won't be competing, they're built into the stem though, it's a -17 deg 10 or 11cm one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

damn, i was seriously thinking of getting into track out in Sundrive but the music in that video has just ruinned it for me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

might not be a good idea, well its probably the least dangerous event to use tt bars without practice as its slower than a 1km tt, and not a team pursuit with 3 others riding wheel to wheel

have you used them on the road? you wont have much time to get them set up right, Id just use the drop bars and not worry about it.

I did team pursuit with steel sprint bars a few weeks ago, and and the Orwell guys all used drop bars! Track is Fred friendly either-way

I've ridden a few TT's on my old TT bike before I sold it, that was set up fairly aggresively, I reckon I should be ok but I can have a quick go of them on the open track that morning...that's how I roll (and will end up with a faceful of tarmac :P )
    Colm you can borrow my set, I'm sidelined with a stress fracture of the fibula so won't be competing, they're built into the stem though, it's a -17 deg 10 or 11cm one.

Nice one, much appreciated! Did you mention before that you are in DCU now? Are you there on Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

Nice one, much appreciated! Did you mention before that you are in DCU now? Are you there on Friday?

Yep, I'll be in DCU all day tomorrow and Friday, have a meeting at 2 till 4 on Friday though. And don't worry, it's the exact same as a tt bike.

gadetra wrote: »
    And like that it was over :(

It was too wet to race, but we had some training instead, Hugh discovered a new breakthrough flying 200 coaching technique with us which was pretty cool but it was really really wet.
    The presentation was lovely, I got best newcomer which I could't believe! So shocked! It took everything I have not to say fúck off out loud. Although I suspect it's mainly cos I keep turning up to stuff :p

My friend Sofie got second in the ladies league which was deadly, she's a real talent and I think will definitely medal next year on the nationals if not this weekend. Exciting stuff!

A soggy end to the league, won't know what to do with myself of a Wednesday evening now! Good luck to everyone on Saturday, I am both excited and scared of what's to come!

Well done on the presetation, such a well deserved accolade :)
    Onwards and upwards :)

next years schedule, http://www.trackcycling.ie/?p=1466

6th June 2015 – Duane Delaney TGP (Dublin)
    27/28th June 2015 – Men & Women’s Olympic Omnium (Dublin)
    11th/12th July 2015 – Dublin International TGP (Dublin)
    18th July 2015 – Youth Track Championships (Belfast)
    1st August 2015 – Junior Track Nationals (Belfast)
    8th August 2015 – Team Sprint / Team Pursuit Keirin (Dublin)
    15th August 2015 – Youth Interprovincial (Belfast)
    29/30thAugust 2015 – Senior Track Championships (Dublin)
    12th September 2015 – Veteran Track Championships (Dublin)
    19th September 2015 – Leinster Track Championships (Dublin)

league usually begins the 1st Wednesday of May

2014 season almost finished, Leinster champs this Sunday,
    Saturday training continues until October 25th,
    Monday nights finish September 29th

• Advertisement

for those who are considering trying out track cycling the final accreditation of 2014 is this Saturday morning, which leaves 4x Saturdays to get comfortable on the track before it closes for winter, a little headstart for 2015

http://www.trackcycling.ie/?tribe_events=accreditation-extra-final

The Sundrive Summer track league kicked off last night with many of the familiar faces and some new faces.
    The C groups had the biggest group of racers.
    Most groups got 2 races in before the heavens opened and the session was called off.
    It was bitterly cold with some strong winds through the finishing straight and into the first bend.
    Here's hoping that conditions next week will be more favourable.

Thanks to all the organisers and helpers last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement