Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Iphone 4s

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Your wife is going to get Jockeyed, brace yourself.

Outta curiosity, why so? 18 quid a month is very cheap. Most people on payg pay more than that just on credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

dodzy wrote: »
    So you gloat post of your iPad sale on a phone & contract thread? And you speak of foolish apple fan boys?

Go figure

In fairness hes pointing out that its an old phone that probably won't get new OS versions over the two years. He just did it badly.

A smart phone is only as good as its updates. If the Operator doesn't release updates you might be better buying an unbranded phone. You'll get updates quicker. O2 are brutal for not providing updates on phones unless they are the top models. Dunno what the other networks are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

While I have absolute disgust and pure hatred for apple products as a whole, I have to say anyone signing up for a 2 year contract should take some time first and read the deals that are out there.

A lot of time friends of mine have been lured to sign another contract for the sweet words coming from the upgrade team, like a brand new htc desire to my uncle and he keeps the same amount of calls and texts 200 and 200 for just an extra €10 a month over 18 months he got the phone paid for but it was the fact the desire was a very old phone at that rate.
    Granted not everyone does have the money to shell out on adverts or online but if they stopped and thought about it for a minute they would.

Another friend of mine got the 5s on 2 year contract for 55 pm. thats 1320 over the 2 years. :eek: check a free sim card from every supplier to see if you have a signal where you are, then work out how much it takes to buy the phone outright and you should have saved a pretty penny. I mean 9 months saving the 40 by going to tesco mobile she would have her phone paid for, give or take.

There is always going to be someone getting a better deal then the one you have, and the op thought they were letting someone know about it,which is what bargain alerts is about. but me personally I am going with my sim free phone that I can buy every year if i need and my tesco mobile 15 euro deal and still save more then the emobile eircom deal of 34.50 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

For some people they can't afford the sim free price in one lump.

But I agree increasingly the bill pay prices of mobiles makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

Barrel wrote: »
    Meteor are doing iphone 4s with ios7 8gb for "free" 24 months @ €31.20
    400 other network mins 400 other network texts 1GB data Free Meteor calls & texts.

Please keep them coming as i'm looking for the best iphone deal too
    lau1247 wrote: »
    31.20 @ 24 months = 749 Eur

Sim free 4S 360 Eur

(http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-4s-8gb-uk-white-255216/)

Sign up to Tesco Mobile 15Eur per month (For tesco clubcard members, non members 20Eur, there should be no reason not to be a clubcard member). Free calls to any network or landline. No free text but why need free text when you can call?? Data 1gb is 5Eur (deductable from the 15Eur [or 20 Eur]). total for 24 months at 15Eur = 360. Also keep in mind, there is no obligation to top up every months plus the remainder credit can be used.

Total = 720 (or less)

Well done, you posted a link to a site for a iphone thats not in stock that has 34 reviews and 32 have turned into chinese even though usernames are in english (i wonder why?) and an upfront cost of €360 then sign up to tesco clubcard then get a tesco sim then add additional bundles to get texts and all for a saving of 0.29 cent a week for 2 years compared to the offer I put up

Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

dodzy wrote: »
    So you gloat post of your iPad sale on a phone & contract thread? And you speak of foolish apple fan boys?

Go figure

it was in relation to someone paying €100 for a 3gs, if you read the initial post. I wasnt gloating, I was merely pointing out that when it comes to apple, people lose the run of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

it was in relation to someone paying €100 for a 3gs, if you read the initial post. I wasnt gloating, I was merely pointing out that when it comes to apple, people lose the run of themselves.

This is my point, get this deal sell the IPhone on Donedeal for 250 (you will get it) buy a Nexus 5 here for an extra 70euro, all of a sudden you have a Nexus 5 for 70e on a 25e a month all you can eat data bundle that dosent look to bad at all. For someone like me who only uses my three 20.33 a month deal to teather web access every day to 3 kids to keep off our crappy dsl connection this might be a good find.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Outta curiosity, why so? 18 quid a month is very cheap. Most people on payg pay more than that just on credit

250mb of data per month on a smartphone, which in theory is capable of delivering 250mb in 20 seconds is going to catch her out at some stage.
    iPhone also supports OTA updates, that'll hurt.

I'd be asking o2 to block data on that account and use WIFI only.

Well done, you posted a link to a site for a iphone thats not in stock that has 34 reviews and 32 have turned into chinese even though usernames are in english (i wonder why?) and an upfront cost of €360 then sign up to tesco clubcard then get a tesco sim then add additional bundles to get texts and all for a saving of 0.29 cent a week for 2 years compared to the offer I put up

Nice one

There is another tesco deal where it is 15 euros, unlimited calls, unlimted texts and 1gb of data if you are a clubcard customer. also if your quarterly cc voucher is over 5 euros that will allow you to convert it to 15 credit. meaning you can technically get 8 months free call credit and 15 x 16 = 240 over a 2 year period

daytob wrote: »
    There is another tesco deal where it is 15 euros, unlimited calls, unlimted texts and 1gb of data if you are a clubcard customer. also if your quarterly cc voucher is over 5 euros that will allow you to convert it to 15 credit. meaning you can technically get 8 months free call credit and 15 x 16 = 240 over a 2 year period

€15 credit x 24 = €360 + iphone €360 = €720 "the same as lau1247 price nearly"

I'd prefare not having to shop in Tesco for 2 years paying way ott prices compared to LIDL/ALDI to "save" on credit with a clubcard thanks

• Advertisement

well each to their own i guess, but I posted how to only get the deal at 15 x 16 = 240 with the 8 months free ( 2 x 4 quarters of clubcard vouchers worth 5 euro ) and the lau1247 deal didnt include unlimited texts
    I didnt know you dont want to shop in tesco. You asked for a better deal
    when you change your number and buy the credit it adds up to your clubcard voucher

well each to their own i guess, but I posted how to only get the deal at 15 x 16 = 240 with the 8 months free ( 2 x 4 quarters of clubcard vouchers worth 5 euro )
    I didnt know you dont want to shop in tesco. You asked for a better deal
    when you change your number and buy the credit it adds up to your clubcard voucher

Why would I change where I shop for 2 years to get free* credit?

*free meaning paying tesco prices for 2 years to get it

change your number over 1000 clubcard points
    every top up you get double club card points
    all those should equate to your free 8 months in cc vouchers without spending a penny in tesco on anything else. or at least near enough
    from the tesco mobile website
    And we offer even better value by including Clubcard points for the following:

• Double Clubcard points for every € you top-up with Tesco, in store, on-line or via text. To receive double Clubcard points you will need to register your Clubcard with Tesco Mobile and swipe your Clubcard when you top-up.
    • 1000 Clubcard points when you move your mobile number to Tesco Mobile Pay as you Go and top-up €10 or more for the first three months.

change your number over 1000 clubcard points
    every top up you get double club card points
    all those should equate to your free 8 months in cc vouchers without spending a penny in tesco on anything else.

Thats interesting, if we now had a link to a reputable iphone 4s seller we would be getting somewhere

250mb of data per month on a smartphone, which in theory is capable of delivering 250mb in 20 seconds is going to catch her out at some stage.
    iPhone also supports OTA updates, that'll hurt.

I'd be asking o2 to block data on that account and use WIFI only.

she used 31mb last month. Shes had 250mb data for 3 years and never gone over it. Some people just dont use data outside the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

Best deal for someone just looking for a cheap smarthphone is to buy an Moto G outright, only around 130-160 euro depending on whether 8gb or 16gb.
    Now you will have one the best value smartphones around.
    Now sign up to 48 months, and select a deal you would like, all payg.
    10 euro for all texts, 300 mins, 60 landline mins and 1gb of data with tethering allowed.
    20 euro for all calls and texts, 60 landline mins and 5gb data with tethering.

Total 2 year cost = 370-400.
    With the extra of not being tied to a contract allowing you to move freely to any other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

Nice one

Expansys.ie is a legit site FYI. My cousin have bought stuff from them before. Google it yourself. When I click on it, it showed € 359.99 IE customers can expect shipment in 2 working days. Stock Expected In 2 Days. So I don't know what you mean by no stock.

It might work out just 29 cents per week, overall you are saving nearly 30 euros. Plus you are not obligated to top up every month if you don't want to. Don't forget assuming you top up religiously every month by 15Eur and use 5Eur for data, that is still 240Eur in credit left after the two years to use..

How is that not better than your deal?? Tell me, I'm genuinely interested.. They way I see it, the only good thing from your deal is the 400 text, other than that it is in every way more expensive.

regarding text, as I said, you have free calls so there really is no need to do text (Each to their own)

If you insists on paying more, the be my guest (For your sake if you are signing up please just take 5 mins and think about it)

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

€15 credit x 24 = €360 + iphone €360 = €720 "the same as lau1247 price nearly"

I'd prefare not having to shop in Tesco for 2 years paying way ott prices compared to LIDL/ALDI to "save" on credit with a clubcard thanks

No one is forcing you to shop just to get the CC voucher.. it is a bonus if you already shop there.. Just use their mobile service..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Expansys.ie is a legit site FYI. My cousin have bought stuff from them before. Google it yourself. When I click on it, it showed € 359.99 IE customers can expect shipment in 2 working days. Stock Expected In 2 Days. So I don't know what you mean by no stock.

It might work out just 29 cents per week, overall you are saving nearly 30 euros. Plus you are not obligated to top up every month if you don't want to. Don't forget assuming you top up religiously every month by 15Eur and use 5Eur for data, that is still 240Eur in credit left after the two years to use..

How is that not better than your deal?? Tell me, I'm genuinely interested.. They way I see it, the only good thing from your deal is the 400 text, other than that it is in every way more expensive.

regarding text, as I said, you have free calls so there really is no need to do text (Each to their own)

If you insists on paying more, the be my guest (For your sake if you are signing up please just take 5 mins and think about it)

ok i googled Expansys and these came up top
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80209013
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87090272
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82331791
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87061191

So you think paying €360 / €373.51 inc delivery upfront and jumping through many hoops is worth saving €1 per month, ok each to their own as you said

No one is forcing you to shop just to get the CC voucher.. it is a bonus if you already shop there.. Just use their mobile service..

Who said i was being forced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

there is no such thing as a “free lunch”, but thank you for the info...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

tesco deal looks good, just buying the phone now lol
    why dont teso sell iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It must have had flappy birds installed on it.

I dropped my 2 year old Huawei g300 a couple of days ago and smashed the screen.

I bought a new Huawei Y300 for 80 euros on Meteor. Got it unlocked for 3 euros from Ebay.

I am on 3 prepay because of the 'all you can eat data' for 20 euros a month. I probably only spend a fiver a month on calls and texts but I use a load of data.
    Google play store allows you to buy apps using phone credit so I subscribe to Google Play Music which costs a tenner a month and that leaves me with another 5 euros to spend in the app store on peppa pig games for the kids.

I don't think three make very much money from me as a customer.

Akrasia wrote: »
    I dropped my 2 year old Huawei g300 a couple of days ago and smashed the screen.

I bought a new Huawei Y300 for 80 euros on Meteor. Got it unlocked for 3 euros from Ebay.

I am on 3 prepay because of the 'all you can eat data' for 20 euros a month. I probably only spend a fiver a month on calls and texts but I use a load of data.
    Google play store allows you to buy apps using phone credit so I subscribe to Google Play Music which costs a tenner a month and that leaves me with another 5 euros to spend in the app store on peppa pig games for the kids.

I didn't know you could use your credit for Google play music sub and for purchasing apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Akrasia wrote: »

Three don't make any money here at all, their parent company has been subsidising them. They're also getting rid of the all you can eat packages

mcw92 wrote: »
    I didn't know you could use your credit for Google play music sub and for purchasing apps?

Yeah. When you're buying the app, you probably have your payment details saved on your google account. When it's asking you to confirm payment, just touch the payment details and a box with 'payment options' opens and you can choose to pay using your mobile phone account.

Three don't make any money here at all, their parent company has been subsidising them. They're also getting rid of the all you can eat packages

any idea of when they are getting rid of the all you can eat packages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

any idea of when they are getting rid of the all you can eat packages?

June
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057182660

• Advertisement

If you read on, you will see one the Three admins saying it will more than likely be extented.

Advertisement