Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Iphone 4s

Options
  • 08-04-2014 6:50pm
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Iphone 4s FREE in Three Dun Laoghaire, not sure if it's nationwide or not.
    Only Stipulation is a 2 year contact on a monthly minimum charge of €25.41.
    This includes unlimited Data, unlimited 3 to 3 calls and 100 flexi units
    (1 Flexi unit = 2 text messages or 1 minutes call).
    Lots of add-ons at €6.99 i.e. All Texts, unlimited landline calls to Ireland etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

Not a good deal at all imo. Much better phones out there for better value not to mention meter value plans on payg such as 3's 20euro a month offer, 48 or Tesco Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Lots of add-ons at €6.99 i.e. All Texts, unlimited landline calls to Ireland etc.

Definitely not a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Presumably it's the 8GB version (which is around 6GB user accessible).

No good for anything unless you don't need any apps or music on the phone.

If you take any photos (8MP is the only option) or video (1080P is the only option) you'll soon run out of memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

And the winner of the worst bargain of the year is!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

It's not free, you get a 2 year contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

snubbleste wrote: »
    Where's the bargain?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I can't believe there's still people that think you get a "free" phone on bill pay. I was working with a girl a couple years ago who got a "free" iphone from O2 with an 18 month contract of €80 per month, and she didn't even have unlimited calls etc. I was paying O2 €20 a month payg for unlimited calls and texts. She was constantly trying to convince me that I should sign up for the "free" iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

Meteor are doing iphone 4s with ios7 8gb for "free" 24 months @ €31.20
    400 other network mins 400 other network texts 1GB data Free Meteor calls & texts.

Please keep them coming as i'm looking for the best iphone deal too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

Barrel wrote: »
    Meteor are doing iphone 4s with ios7 8gb for "free" 24 months @ €31.20
    400 other network mins 400 other network texts 1GB data Free Meteor calls & texts.

Please keep them coming as i'm looking for the best iphone deal too

31.20 @ 24 months = 749 Eur

Sim free 4S 360 Eur

(http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-4s-8gb-uk-white-255216/)

Sign up to Tesco Mobile 15Eur per month (For tesco clubcard members, non members 20Eur, there should be no reason not to be a clubcard member). Free calls to any network or landline. No free text but why need free text when you can call?? Data 1gb is 5Eur (deductable from the 15Eur [or 20 Eur]). total for 24 months at 15Eur = 360. Also keep in mind, there is no obligation to top up every months plus the remainder credit can be used.

Total = 720 (or less)

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

forgot to say free text for tesco mobile to tesco mobile

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

lau1247 wrote: »
    31.20 @ 24 months = 749 Eur

Sim free 4S 360 Eur

(http://www.expansys.ie/apple-iphone-4s-8gb-uk-white-255216/)

Sign up to Tesco Mobile 15Eur per month (For tesco clubcard members, non members 20Eur, there should be no reason not to be a clubcard member). Free calls to any network or landline. No free text but why need free text when you can call?? Data 1gb is 5Eur (deductable from the 15Eur [or 20 Eur]). total for 24 months at 15Eur = 360. Also keep in mind, there is no obligation to top up every months plus the remainder credit can be used.

Total = 720 (or less)

With that Tesco deal you can buy unlimited texts for €10 of your €15 and the 5gb data with the remaining €5.:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

With that Tesco deal you can buy unlimited texts for €10 of your €15 and the 5gb data with the remaining €5.:).

I think it's 1gb for 5€ or 5gb for 10€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i signed up with 3 for an iphone 4 3 years ago 40 a month, never again,last year i picked up 2 x 3 month old iphone 5 quite cheap on adverts from people that get free upgrades and prefer the cash, sim only deals are great at the moment im getting same deal as my contract instead of 40 its 20 a month
    free phone is a gimmick 40 x 24 months is 960

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I wouldn't sign a 2 year contract for any phone or phone company service

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Jaysus lads ease off, for 25 quid a month you're not going to get a 4s anywhere else. Who cares what your opinions are on contracts. Someone even pointed out a 4s is 360 euro new, you're going to end up paying about 600 quid on this deal. Where are you going to get a PAYG or monthly plan and phone for that? It's a perfect deal for a light user or first time smartphone user

Edit: just to add, I had a 3 phone a few years ago and you couldn't pay me to go back. It still isn't that bad. It's like a bloody lynch mob in here if some people don't like the offer

It's a perfect deal for a light user or first time smartphone user

Not really, by the time the phone is paid for it's 4 year old technology and worth nothing :eek:
    For a 2 year contract to make sense it would need to be for brand new tech

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Not really, by the time the phone is paid for it's 4 year old technology and worth nothing :eek:

Not everyone that has smartphones cares what they're worth at the end of the contract. I've had a few iPhones, a htc and now an S4 and I've never once sold a phone at the end. I'm quite into tech also so I know how much my phones are worth. They always go to my girlfriend or family. The type of people this will appeal to won't care what the phone is worth at the end of the contract either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Apple stuff is always worth something , if you take any Apple device right now along with a similar or even better specked Andriod or Windows Device, go to sell all three in 18months and you will get more for the Apple device.
    In two years you will still get a 100 for an Iphone 4 I reckon going by Iphone 3GS prices.

Regardless, there are much better deals out there for a 2 year contract, this one is not a bargain.

Only a fool would pay 100 for an iPhone 3GS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Oh dear, OP. By now I'm sure you have seen the error of your ways.

A thread title like that, in a place like this! Dear God. A recipe for disaster......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

there's pro's and cons both ways, but 360 outright is still an awful lot money for a phone i think anyway

GY A1 wrote: »
    there's pro's and cons both ways, but 360 outright is still an awful lot money for a phone i think anyway

Not if it was something new like a Nexus 5

Not everyone that has smartphones cares what they're worth at the end of the contract. I've had a few iPhones, a htc and now an S4 and I've never once sold a phone at the end. I'm quite into tech also so I know how much my phones are worth. They always go to my girlfriend or family. The type of people this will appeal to won't care what the phone is worth at the end of the contract either.

That's fair enough.
    But for those that are not up to speed on technology or phone contracts, they need to know that this 'Free' phone is not a bargain.
    Tying yourself into a 2 year contract should be rewarded with a much better phone and tariff options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Jaysus lads ease off, for 25 quid a month you're not going to get a 4s anywhere else. Who cares what your opinions are on contracts. Someone even pointed out a 4s is 360 euro new, you're going to end up paying about 600 quid on this deal. Where are you going to get a PAYG or monthly plan and phone for that? It's a perfect deal for a light user or first time smartphone user

Edit: just to add, I had a 3 phone a few years ago and you couldn't pay me to go back. It still isn't that bad. It's like a bloody lynch mob in here if some people don't like the offer

my wife got a 'free' 4s and is paying €18 per month from O2 last month.
    low data (like 250mb) but its suits her perfectly. They dont normally offer 'free' phones at that level.

Lads need to give the op a break, some people cant afford to just go onto adverts and spend €250 (or alot more) on a phone and go sim free.

Regardless, there are much better deals out there for a 2 year contract, this one is not a bargain.

Only a fool would pay 100 for an iPhone 3GS

i recently sold a first gen Ipad for €190. thing hasnt been getting updates for over 2 years.

You'd be amazed how foolish the apple fans can be.

bidiots wrote: »
    That's fair enough.
    But for those that are not up to speed on technology or phone contracts, they need to know that this 'Free' phone is not a bargain.
    Tying yourself into a 2 year contract should be rewarded with a much better phone and tariff options.

pray, tell us those 'better' options. I'd love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your wife is going to get Jockeyed, brace yourself.

pray, tell us those 'better' options. I'd love to see them.

Tell you what, you are right. This is the best deal with the best tariff options available. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

i recently sold a first gen Ipad for €190. thing hasnt been getting updates for over 2 years.

You'd be amazed how foolish the apple fans can be.

So you gloat post of your iPad sale on a phone & contract thread? And you speak of foolish apple fan boys?

Go figure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I got a HTC One for "free" on a 2 year contract @50 a month. I get 2GB of data and free calls and texts but I still regret it.

Just don't sign a contract with any phone companies. Ever. I learned (and am still learning) the hard way.

Advertisement