Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Mike Reilly has been appointed Nebraska HC. What the actual f....!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

nerd69 wrote: »
    bcs was terrible but if they changed the bcs to a top 4 would the rankings be any worse

Id say they be pretty much the exact same !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Did anyone see that hail mary from UCF to beat East Carolina last night? Not quite Flutie-esque but still amazing all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mike Reilly has been appointed Nebraska HC. What the actual f....!? :confused:
    Whats the big deal there? Nebraska would be a bigger school which has been underachieving for years, much bigger than Kansas State.

What do Kansas State have to do with it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Lee Corso was the only one on ESPN after the UAB VT with the guts to even vaguely intimate UA's culpability in this debacle.

I hope to God they get a bowl game to go out on a high. It's the least they deserve, but even that looks bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Another season of college came day done :mad:

Sat mornings not the same with out it.

Some big matches today, I'm going Bama, Wisconsin and Georgia tech. FSU to finally run out of luck.

Wow, 55 yard touchdown CATCH for Trevone Boykin. Is it just me or are there far more plays this year involving QBs catching TDs?

It just sickens me that TCU play a 2-9 team and are certain not to be passed by the team that beat them even if Baylor destroy Kansas State.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Yup, TCU destroyed that 2 and 9 team so I guess they're in the playoffs with Oregon.

Alabama should secure the #1 spot in this game so FSU have to lose tonight to give Ohio State or Baylor a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

The handicap on Bama was -16.5 I would have thought add another 10 point on to it.

I remember seeing Missouri vs Georgia in Mizz and they were as bad a team I have seen in the SEC that day. They could be blown out here tonight.

Disgusting Hit on Blake Sims after a wonderful throw.

Targetting surely...hemlet to the chin.

He is out of the game...I really hope Alabama open up now and put 50 on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Disgusting Hit on Blake Sims after a wonderful throw.

Targetting surely...hemlet to the chin.

Haha, lane kiffen knew it was a touchdown straight away just like last week.

Shane Ray, Missou's sack machine this year, ejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

What a catch!

Is Derrick Henry playing tonight?

Is Derrick Henry playing tonight?

Ah there he is

Alabama moving through the gears now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Oklahoma state run a 92 yard put back with a minute left to tie it up. Absolutely crazy speed by the kick returner.

Punt was retaken after a penalty by Oklahoma State for running into the punter. Oklahoma not half wishing they'd declined the penalty I'd say
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Bama looking very good just at the right time. It will take a good one to beat them in the playoffs

Another title for Titletown, Alabama. SEC championships have been rarer in Tuscaloosa these days than national titles. They could well be again before the season is finished.

Bad day for those hoping the SEC would fall flat on its' face..

Its hard to see Ohio State moving up into the top four but their win was a real statement last night. To thump Wisconsin like that is just unreal and awesome but who do you leave out after the way the rankings went last week.

If they truly decide the rankings on a week to week basis then the four that shoud be in, imo, are Bama, FSU, Ohio State and Oregon. Baylor and TCU would be next.

Yeah I'm pretty certain Ohio States win gets them in now. Big 12 will surely look to adding some teams now and bringing in a championship game, as this whole "one true champion" nonsense looks to have cost them a playoff spot.

I'll go for Alabama vs Florida State in the Sugar Bowl, Oregon vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

Most of the media outlets are tipping Ohio State to replace TCU in the current top four.

If this happens there's going to be a lot of angry Texans this evening!

polaris68 wrote: »
    Most of the media outlets are tipping Ohio State to replace TCU in the current top four.

If this happens there's going to be a lot of angry Texans this evening!
    Well it seems to be a fair solution to a lot of problems. FSU are national champs and unbeaten and if they didn't make it there would be nationwide uproar I think.

Bama and Oregon are the undoubted 1 and 2 seeds so that leaves TCU.

If they do it right and then have Baylor v TCU again which would be a very interesting game for everybody I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bama vs Ohio State & Oregon vs FSU. Despite winning TCU drooped from 3 to 6 in the rankings.

#1 Alabama v #3 FSU
    #2 Oregon v #4 Ohio State

#5 Baylor & #6 TCU

TCU dropping from 3 to 6 so obviously their cupcake last game really hurt them.

polaris68 wrote: »
    #1 Alabama v #3 FSU
    #2 Oregon v #4 Ohio State

#5 Baylor & #6 TCU

TCU dropping from 3 to 6 so obviously their cupcake last game really hurt them.

It's Bama-OSU and Oregon-FSU, polaris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I don't agree with the committee but can understand why they went with OSU.

The selection of the 4th team was going to make a very clear blueprint for future selection committees, by picking a co champion over a conference champion, the committee were downgrading the importance of winning your conference to make the playoffs. Wonder if the big 12 will apply for a waiver to host a championship game with the NCAA after this or will they seek another 2 schools. Could be another conference merry go round about to start off the back of this.

This is a big big decision for more than this year, it puts very much into question if we will often or ever see more than 1 team from a conference in the playoffs. Which in my opinion is a good thing anyway.

I do feel for Baylor and TCU though, who probably suffered from small school syndrome a bit here too. I actually think they would both beat FSU and OSU on a neutral field but I guess now we will never know. I suppose they both got new years day bowls anyway so at least they got decent bowl invites.

On another note Im saddened UAB didn't find an at large home somewhere. I know it wasn't to be expected but you would have hoped the sponsers of some middle to low end bowl would have loved the press they would have got for giving them an invite to at least shut their football program with a bang.

Advertisement