Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I guess this is why they call him Seven-Win Steve :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I think you really have to take FSU this week, they are long overdue an absolute battering of somebody and there are reasons to believe it might be the Gators

The current rumour doing the rounds, according to sources, is that Urban Meyer has told Braxton Miller that the Buckeyes plan on moving forward with JT Barrett next year and Miller, though they would like to keep him, is free to transfer as he graduates this year. That means he doesn't have to sit out a year. And he has apparently already contacted Mark Helfrich and Scott Frost at Oregon, with the latter having travelled to Ohio to meet Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Marshall just got beaten by Western Kentucky in overtime by a two point play after a TD. Ridiculous final score of 67 - 66 or something. Lost track when the numbers went above 50!

Heartbreaking end to the regular season for the Herd. 12 - 0 season and prestigious New Year's day bowl game gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Iron Bowl time again. Both teams looked off-colour against FCS teams last weekend and it was probably because the focus was squarely on this weekend. Bama are going for the SEC title (which will be against Mizzou, who quietly swept up the SEC East yesterday, all the talk was of Georgia this year but Mizzou have now made back-to-back SEC championship games. No mean feat.) and revenge for the Kick-Six game last year. For Auburn it's just about manoeuvring for a better bowl game.. oh, and the Iron Bowl itself.

Hard to describe how much this game looms over Alabama the entire year, it really is one of the greatest rivalries in American sports. The last five winners have made the BCS title game (with four wins) and were Bama to win no one would bet against that streak continuing. Heard another good stat - Auburn have won the last six Iron Bowls where they've been nationally ranked going into the game. They're No. 15 today.

If it's half as good as the 2011 and 2013 Iron Bowls we're in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Ohio State struggling to put Michigan away and they've lost JT Barrett to a nasty looking injury. Big 10 minutes left in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Syferus wrote: »
    If it's half as good as the 2011 and 2013 Iron Bowls we're in for a treat.

I still can't believe the finish to last years. One of the best I have ever or will ever see in my life.

This is from earlier this week, and Leonard Fournette may only be a freshman but he is a grown-ass man.

https://vine.co/v/OnKKDJ5XnUh

Paully D wrote: »
    I still can't believe the finish to last years. One of the best I have ever or will ever see in my life.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11952883&categoryid=2564308

I didn't even know about the kid stealing Malzahn's visor until now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Miss state really struggling on offence here. SO are Ole Miss to be fair.

Not going to be much offence in this one. Big call on this spot here before ht, ole miss driving

• Advertisement

USC crushing Notre Dame at the half 35-7, all 5 TD passes by Kessler. Such a dominant performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

USC crushing Notre Dame at the half 35-7, all 5 TD passes by Kessler. Such a dominant performance.
    It really is a dead rubber for the Irish, I'm not even watching it. They seem to have given up on the season now as there is no big bowl for them regarless of what happens now.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It really is a dead rubber for the Irish, I'm not even watching it. They seem to have given up on the season now as there is no big bowl for them regarless of what happens now.

USC is a big rivalry game for the Irish. If they can't get up for this game, there's something seriously wrong with the program. It's more a case of they are just being really outclassed today, this is the best performance Sark has gotten out of us this season. Everyone is on their A game.

TD #6 for Kessler :D

Florida state doing their usual and keeping then game close in the fourth quarter! Florida have the ball at FSU's 25 and only down by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pegasusbridge

Jt Barrett has a broken ankle. Done for the season. Massive blow for Ohio State.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Florida state doing their usual and keeping then game close in the fourth quarter! Florida have the ball at FSU's 25 and only down by 2

Another field goal missed by Florida. That's two since ht and the score stays at 21-19

Jt Barrett has a broken ankle. Done for the season. Massive blow for Ohio State.
    Awful news for Barrett and the Buckeyes.

Awkward conversation coming up, 'hey Braxton, remember that conversation we had a short time ago, you must have picked me up wrong. I said I'm going to roll with you with JT as your backup!'

FSU hang on again. Winston with a career low in pass yards at 125 and a career high with 4 interceptions

Bye bye Miss st.

I have a feeling that Auburn are going to knock off Alabama tonight. Oregon might have a tough game with Oregon St. but I'd expect they will win it. Nobody is covering themselves in glory at the moment.

Buckeyes, TCU and Baylor could all end up in the top four before its all said and done tonight.

I'm hating how TCU are ahead of Baylor, when you lose to a team and have the same win/loss record as them I think you should always be behind them.

• Advertisement

What an awful start from Auburn. A lateral and he drops it and doesn't even bother trying to get it. Way to give your rivals a huge advantage early.

If Auburn win, there'll be no SEC teams in the playoff :pac:

Auburn should be leading this despite all the mistakes. Terrible inside the 10 yard line and the mistake at the start to give Alabama the early advantage.

And a pick for Auburn, they gotta get a td this time surely.

Boom td Auburn, Sammy Coates and they have the lead. Marshall got lots of time there, Tide's D probably tired after a couple of long drives already.

Cooking up into another quality Iron Bowl. Auburn really in this one now.

So Bama get back in front and there is 1.20 on the clock for Marshall. 54 seconds left now and the Tigers are back in front. Marshall to Coates again. 23-21 Auburn. Bama have a chance to get something before the half and they get the ball first in the second half.

My oh my oh my, another pick for Auburn and they have 38 seconds to get something.

And Marshall goes deep to Coates again and he has it at the one yard line. 13 seconds to get the score. 4 seconds now and its second and goal.

Field goal and its 26-21 to Auburn at half time. Coates has 153 yards and 2 tds in one half of football and its against the Alabama Crimson Tide. Unreal.

• Advertisement

Awesome stuff from the Tigers. Looking like another modern classic.

Advertisement