Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Malik Zaire starting for Notre Dame tonight. Hope he can avoid turning over the ball and maybe provide a spark for the Irish offense.

Banged up Irish defense facing a tough night. At least Sheldon Day is back.

Nice drive and 8 minutes taken off the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Very impressed with Zaire so far.

Liking the 137 yards rushing so far on the SEC meanest defense.

Really disliking the crappy special teams play.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ball broke the plane but you couldn't see where his knee was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,644 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Excellent first half for the Irish, can't wait for next season after what I seen there from Zaire.

Yes, Kelly should keep him in for the rest of the game.

Judging by Golson's body language on the sideline, he'll probably transfer over the summer.

LSU turnover, gotta make this count.

Zaire is have an excellent game and Kelly sends in Golson on a key drive. Result: 3 and out.

Ready for the Brian Van Gorder era to end...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

polaris68 wrote: »
    Yes, Kelly should keep him in for the rest of the game.

Judging by Golson's body language on the sideline, he'll probably transfer over the summer.

Is Golson not a senior?

Edit: Ah, he is a senior but still has another year of eligibility left. Strange situation, I would have had him down as a redshirt junior.

Probably has something to do with him being academically suspended last year.

Golson leading a good drive here.

All on Brindza now

Here we go, all on Brindza with a 32 yd FG to win the game.

And it's good.

Great win,and it has to be said,a terrific game plan by Brian Kelly.

Great tonic after a dismal 2nd half of the season.

Roll on 2015, QB situation at Notre Dame will be very interesting over the next 9 months.

Delighted with the exciting win for Notre Dame earlier.

Watched Georgia game and the fantastic performance from Nick Chubb. Hurley is forgotten about already in Bulldog country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The clues were there during the Gurley suspension that with Chubb, they have another serious prospect on their hands, was no surprise to see him scoring yesterday but what a run it was to zig zag in for the TD (although the defending could have been better).

Had Louisville +7 and that TD killed it, had a feeling they weren’t coming back.

Horned Frogs surely get it done today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

polaris68 wrote: »
    Great tonic after a dismal 2nd half of the season.

Roll on 2015, QB situation at Notre Dame will be very interesting over the next 9 months.

Anyone have further understanding Golson's situation with regard to transferring?

Considering his time out of school during his RS Soph year, does he have enough credits to graduate in Jan and transfer straight into another program as a 5th yr Senior without having to sit out a year? Like Cody Riggs this year, basically...

He's asked the NFL draft evaluation board about the 2015 draft, but surely he's a late final day pick at best? Feel bad for the guy as it looked like he had it all, but now might end up being a back-up/timeshare in his final year after sticking around during all his academic drama last year.

Surely he'd be better off sticking with ND than declaring anyway - take another run at being the starter.

I don't get how he's a senior though. He was a freshman in 2011 but didn't play because Rees was the starter so he redshirted. Then he was redshirt freshman in 2012. He was suspended for his sophomore year last year so now he should only be a redshirt junior? Unless he's just an academic senior, but that ND sports website lists him as a senior too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

I don't get how he's a senior though. He was a freshman in 2011 but didn't play because Rees was the starter so he redshirted. Then he was redshirt freshman in 2012. He was suspended for his sophomore year last year so now he should only be a redshirt junior? Unless he's just an academic senior, but that ND sports website lists him as a senior too.

Yep, my understanding is that he's currently a redshirt junior in eligibility terms...

But I think you need to properly graduate to transfer without having to sit out a year - i.e. going to do a Masters somewhere else, not transferring your undergraduate.

Unless he was taking classes elsewhere during the year he was suspended, then he might have accrued enough credits to transfer. I would've thought any team recruiting a 5th yr senior QB to start would want him in for winter training to learn asap.

Big decision on his hands, as I reckon he does have pro-talent to demonstrate if given the opportunity.. Just needs to stop the fumbles!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Watched Georgia game and the fantastic performance from Nick Chubb. Hurley is forgotten about already in Bulldog country.

Chubb now has the 4th highest single season rushing yards in Georgia history despite only starting 7 games.

Even more ridiculous is the fact that Herschel Walker holds the top 3 all by himself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is why I would have loved TCU in the play offs.

Great start for TCU, int followed by a very nice trick play. Their D is looking good again on this drive.

adrian522 wrote: »
    This is why I would have loved TCU in the play offs.

You can thank the Big 12 and their stupid idea of not having a conference championship game for one of Baylor/TCU not having the opportunity to win a national title.

Up 14-0 and their D has been impressive and as I type they intercept Ole Miss again.

Wow, they give it straight back to Ole Miss, feeling like the Rebels are starting to figure out the Horned Frogs offense.

• Advertisement

Well this is turning into a defensive dog fight now. Neither offense can stay on the field for long.

Advertisement