Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Eagles team to play Dragons named. I don't recognise too many names. Are some of these club players drafted in?

15 Ciarán Gaffney
    14 Adam Leavy
    13 Cormac Brennan
    12 Ed O’Keeffe
    11 Jack Keegan
    10 Conor McKeon (captain)
    9 Conor Lowndes

1 Jacob Walshe
    2 Pat O’Toole
    3 Saba Meunargia
    4 Cian Romaine
    5 Ben Marshall
    6 Marc Kelly
    7 Rory Moloney
    8 Stephen McVeigh

REPLACEMENTS

16 Jack Dinneen
    17 Matthew Burke
    18 Peter Claffey
    19 Cillian Gallagher
    20 Stephen Kerins
    21 Aidan Moynihan
    22 Simon Keller

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ben Marshall is back though, good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

connachta wrote: »
    With most of the Eagles team probably busy in Siberia, it will be difficult to have a competitive lineup for Dragons A

Smth like

1) Kyne/Walshe
    2) Dineen
    3) Menuargia
    4) Romaine
    5) Claffey (or Marshall if back)
    6) Moloney
    7) McVeigh
    8 ) Kelly
    9) Lowndes
    10) McKeon
    11) O'Keefe
    12) Club player
    13) Brennan
    14) Club player
    15) Gaffney

I Haven't predicted too badly..
    Especially happy about Marshall come-back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Didn't know Ed O'Keefe can play centre
    Good to see Marshall back
    Was hoping Poolman would be available for this
    Rather surprised Pat O’Toole (Year 1 Academy) is starting ahead of Dinneen (Year 2)
    Don't know our winger's
    That's a good pack we have, Romaine is a great prospect

Unfortunate I'm working tomorrow at 3 and gonna miss it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Brive beat Newcastle 13-9. Not entirely sure what to make of this.

Brive have had a reasonable start to the season domestically so I'd say they wanted to keep the home crowd happy so I hope they'll be sending a weaker team over next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Robbo wrote: »
    Brive beat Newcastle 13-9. Not entirely sure what to make of this.

Brive have had a reasonable start to the season domestically so I'd say they wanted to keep the home crowd happy so I hope they'll be sending a weaker team over next week?

Well Newcastle haven't won any games so far this season and are bottom of the premiership without even an lbp so I don't know if that win means that much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Zzippy wrote: »
    Eagles team to play Dragons named. I don't recognise too many names. Are some of these club players drafted in?

15 Ciarán Gaffney
    14 Adam Leavy
    13 Cormac Brennan
    12 Ed O’Keeffe
    11 Jack Keegan
    10 Conor McKeon (captain)
    9 Conor Lowndes

1 Jacob Walshe
    2 Pat O’Toole
    3 Saba Meunargia
    4 Cian Romaine
    5 Ben Marshall
    6 Marc Kelly
    7 Rory Moloney
    8 Stephen McVeigh

REPLACEMENTS

16 Jack Dinneen
    17 Matthew Burke
    18 Peter Claffey
    19 Cillian Gallagher
    20 Stephen Kerins
    21 Aidan Moynihan
    22 Simon Keller
    Most are in Academy/Sub Academy. All contracted in some form.
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    Didn't know Ed O'Keefe can play centre
    Good to see Marshall back
    Was hoping Poolman would be available for this
    Rather surprised Pat O’Toole (Year 1 Academy) is starting ahead of Dinneen (Year 2)
    Don't know our winger's
    That's a good pack we have, Romaine is a great prospect

Unfortunate I'm working tomorrow at 3 and gonna miss it
    E O'K has played centre at age grade and club level before.
    Adam Leavy is a Dub, younger brother of Dan I think. Keegan is from Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Well only a few minutes before kickoff. Having followed all the twitter posts from the team, if nothing else, this seems to have been a great team bonding exercise. Indeed I figure the guys left behind are feeling a bit jealous. Anyway here goes. Up and at them Connacht

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I see the famous Russian spin was put on the expected attendance of 20,000+ ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Bazzo wrote: »
    I see the famous Russian spin was put on the expected attendance of 20,000+ ;)

It's -26, maybe some had more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Can't exactly see the ball once it goes loose :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

It's -26, maybe some had more sense.

Ah I'm only taking the piss. Crazy conditions. Glad I got up to watch it though, thoroughly entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

forgot how short matches are when ref doesn't stop the clock every two minutes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Kalyke

What Channel is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

It's finished, it was live on YouTube.

Kalyke wrote: »
    What Channel is it on?

It's over, it wasn't televised but there was an official, really high quality, YouTube stream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

How many brave souls watched it live. 2000?

Some great photos coming from it. Once in a lifetime kind of experience.

CTxDOrbWUAALCjm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

A BP, a great scrum, good performance by the youngsters (Dillane perfect, O'Brien ok, MacGinty and Robb impressive), no major injury despite -15°, and some pretty agreable rugby played during 2nd half!!! What more could you except??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'd say this match was the most covered of the provinces this week. Well from the little bits I caught of the radio. We were definitely the focus on some sports radio segments.

This match may have been a nightmare but its enhanced the teams profile immensely which can only be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Highlights available yet anywhere?

Highlights available yet anywhere?

Better still the live youtube stream can be replayed so you can see the whole match.

This was our 6th win in a row, just curious what is Connacht's longest winning streak?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

b.gud wrote: »
    Better still the live youtube stream can be replayed so you can see the whole match.

This was our 6th win in a row, just curious what is Connacht's longest winning streak?

Apparently this is. We have had quite a few fives in the past but never six in a row. I'm not sure if I read that on this thread or over on Connacht Clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I'm hesitant to draw many conclusions as there was a good circumstances to this game that wont be repeated in a long time (weather, travel time, pitch conditions)

Forwards as a whole were impressive. James Connolly has really impressed me every time he has played for the seniors. Unlucky the quality ahead of him is restricting him but I hope he stays with us for the years to come. Dillane is a beast

Gotta feel for Rory Parata, some of the softest hands going in the whole squad but with McSharry to come back and ronaldson and Aki playing so well together his game time is going to be heavily restricted. Another gorgeous pass (that may or may not have been forward) for Muldoons try

Aj looked good. Really testing conditions to play in but kept his composure and dealt with the rushing defence well

Opinions on the Russian team? I only saw bits of the match this morning. Will they get a win somewhere along the way?

Sorry lads anyone point me to the game on you tube? Ill watch it now as all the other games are postponed...

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Sorry lads anyone point me to the game on you tube? Ill watch it now as all the other games are postponed...

It's on the first post of the match thread. The op has it at the bottom of the post

hogandrew wrote: »
    It's on the first post of the match thread. The op has it at the bottom of the post

Thanks found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Opinions on the Russian team? I only saw bits of the match this morning. Will they get a win somewhere along the way?
    I thought their skill levels were way below Connacht's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

freyners wrote:
    Gotta feel for Rory Parata, some of the softest hands going in the whole squad but with McSharry to come back and ronaldson and Aki playing so well together his game time is going to be heavily restricted. Another gorgeous pass (that may or may not have been forward) for Muldoons try

We'll welcome him back at Munster ;)

Advertisement