Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Bye Mils. What a waste of money. But he was a great 'mentor' to the younger players all the same.

expensive mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Only two times we've got in a decent attacking position there's been an immediate knock-on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lucky to only be down 14 at the break. Need to get our hands on the ball and build a few phases. Trying to go wide too early when we haven't earned the space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

Ronaldson please. How much longer must this go on. Its got to the point where even tom can't hit the lineout because of the pressure supplied by out-half. This is utter daftness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Pat needs to give an almighty kick up the hole to the half backs and Tom at halftime.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yeah I finally agree with ouncer. Time for the Carty experiment to end. He hasn't the basic skills or composure to play at this level. I'm sure he's a nice lad, and I'd prefer to see homegrown talent given time, but he's had plenty of chances now and has shown no improvement. Bring on Ronaldson asap, and sign a decent 10 for next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

I really fear for us for the rest of the season. This is awful. Don't think Gloucester are particularly formidable but they are in complete control here, we can't get over the gainline and the kicking is dire. Lineout not helping either although it has improved. Scrum going ok but if Ronaldson is fit enough to be on the bench he has to come on now not 10/20 minutes into the 2nd half. This one is probably lost so lets just have a go and look towards next week. The fact we haven't tried a dink over the top at any stage is disappointing even with the pressure on. They are dropping deep and its soft ball running from deep. The defence can't sustain that kind of go forward possession. When you get the chance we got there near the end you need to get points to have any chance of making a contest of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Looks pretty dire from where I'm sat. Knock ons when we get in promising positions. Although the Gloucester fans around me aren't that impressed even with a 2 try lead.

Both teams seem to be playing below par.

How many crossing penalties is that. Clueless play from us.

• Advertisement

Maul please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Thats very frustrating.

Same rubbish at the maul this week as against Munster last week, letting a man come through the middle to disrupt after getting an early nudge. Sloppy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Same rubbish at the maul this week as against Munster last week, letting a man come through the middle to disrupt after getting an early nudge. Sloppy.

I think bringing in the backs, or a few backs, doesn't help the maul as they don't know what they're doing. Controlling it is harder with them in it.

Corner right option. Don't know why but just don't feel like 3 will give us momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This is very poor from Connacht. Posession is being wasted with stupid errors.

This is awful stuff. Its frustrating as I honestly don't think Gloucester's maul defence is up to much.

Please please get Ronaldson on. I'd even take Nikora at this stage!

That was a lovely lineout steal.....wasted by charge down.

Ah Carty.....this is an embarrasment - he just can't kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Carty should just leave the field now. How has Lam left him on this long?

Its so hard to make ground that kicks like that are soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Not watching this, the comments here don't read well!

Why go wide there? There was nothing on and Glos were always going to turn that over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Connacht out half is rubbish

I'm thinking of switching to the golf. It's awful to watch.

Trying to find positives, Masterson is going to be a big player for us if he continues to develop.

I thought the hurlers performance the last day was as bad as it could get for a while.

Such a horrible sporting area to be from: Hurlers, footballers, Galway Utd, Connacht.... See too many days like these :(

They could end up niled here. Carty has been an unmitigated disaster. Doesn't seem to want the ball at all. Has been just shipping it on all game, in a hurry and poorly.

• Advertisement

Suicide there from Connacht....they had plenty of time to get that away instead of farting around in their 22. Now Gloucester get the penalty.

Advertisement