Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

Connuckt

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

molloyjh wrote: »
    They could end up niled here. Carty has been an unmitigated disaster. Doesn't seem to want the ball at all. Has been just shipping it on all game, in a hurry and poorly.

To reference a previous post by ouncer, it's a shame that Muliana's money couldn't have been offered to JJ Hanrahan sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Matt Healy gone off and Ian Porter on. We don't look well set for next week in any shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Carty is just not good enough! Just is nowhere near.

Also the penalty that we went for touch on 48 minutes ..... Take the 3 plenty of time for scores.

Robbie is the only back that shows class. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well done Henshaw. Amazing Connacht are back in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

About time. Hopefully they convert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Eh? What the hell.

Never give a sucker an even break and we're the sucker

As I was saying earlier Gloucester's defensive maul is very poor. Need to get the restart right and put the pressure on Gloucester.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Try!!!!!!! Worked off a maul and Gloucester collapse it; ref goes under the posts and it's 14-7.

Trying to self-destruct from the restart again. Need to be smart. Still more than 10 minutes left. Keep in the game.

• Advertisement

That's probably that. Turnover for Gloucester. I'll be shocked if Exeter don't go there and win in the semi. Gloucester are nothing special.

Gloucester should have been in for another try there. Lucky for Connacht. Gloucester don't look too special to me and I'd be shocked if they win this trophy.

One more chance!

Hibbard clearly didn't roll!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

That's probably that. Turnover for Gloucester. I'll be shocked if Exeter don't go there and win in the semi. Gloucester are nothing special.

Glaws are ordinary.

The Connacht fans are brilliant tho ! Fair play to them all.

Even if we get a penalty from this scrum, we are unlikely to have time to kick to the corner.

Well that was turgid stuff. The weekend of rugby can only get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Hard luck Connacht, you knew there'd be a handling error in there at the end though.

Silly from Robbie there, didn't carry smartly in.

We were ****e but those last 20 minutes will be a massive boost to Ulster game next week.

Dire game but entertaining. Whatever about Henshaw and Masterson being good, the Clan fans were outstanding. Could be heard in the Shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

V good 2 good 2 nd half.

Impressed by the usuallys but masterson was v good, this Connolly lad looked good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bugger. Great effort in the 2nd half. Just a pity about the 1st.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Much better second half but just not clinical enough when we get into scoring positions. Story of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

vienne86 wrote: »
    Gloucester should have been in for another try there. Lucky for Connacht. Gloucester don't look too special to me and I'd be shocked if they win this trophy.

Don't need to be special to win this trophy, Exeter are the only good side in it and Gloucester will get them at home so they'll be favoured, they've both played much better than the other teams that are left.

Definitely much better from Connacht in the second half - pity they didn't do that in the first half - those Gloucester were too easy but they couldn't score in the second half. Gloucester don't look like champions to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Carty woeful. Again.

Really frustrated. 2nd half shows that Gloucester are a relatively average side. Our only avenue to a try was through the maul though but so many basic mistakes. Pat Lam has a few questions to answer for me. Why was Carty left on for 80 minutes and why didn't George Naoupu start?

I would probably have taken a 7 point defeat at half time but the 2nd half showed what might have been with the right team available. We need Bundee and Ronaldson back in for next week and we might be able to do something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I don't want to see Carty in that team again this season, if ever. Such a poor performance to go with many others so far. Early signs of promise have disappeared, he clearly has no confidence and his execution of basic skills is just poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Connacht need a 10. They also need Aki back something desperate. Henshaw is trying to do it all on his own in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Clegg wrote: »
    Connacht need a 10.

If the Mils Muliaina money can be re-invested then you'll get a very good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

If the Mils Muliaina money can be re-invested then you'll get a very good one.

That money might be going to Robbie, just a hunch.

Too many mistakes in the game, thought we might have snuck another try, good atmosphere in the ground.

Advertisement