Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Iompair wrote: »
    That money might be going to Robbie, just a hunch.

Too many mistakes in the game, thought we might have snuck another try, good atmosphere in the ground.

Henshaw is getting a national contract, so will be off our books. He might not even be here the season after, which is a bit ludicrous when you think about it. One of the other provinces getting a readymade international center for nothing. One thing for certain is if we don't get a 10, he won't be here.

The average age of the backline must have been very low at the end. Marmion, Jack, Craig, Porter, Robbie, Darragh, and Tiernan.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

its_phil wrote: »
    Henshaw is getting a national contract, so will be off our books. He might not even be here the season after, which is a bit ludicrous when you think about it. One of the other provinces getting a readymade international center for nothing. One thing for certain is if we don't get a 10, he won't be here.

Point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Mils arrested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

mills arrested -- jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

What did he do?

• Advertisement

Redo91 wrote: »
    What did he do?

said 12 3s was crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

If the Mils Muliaina money can be re-invested then you'll get a very good one.
    Funny its not about money. If you look at Connacht they have fantastic players. Team selection sucks and it is crushing this squad. You have to believe in the guy next to you. That is what rugby is about. Marmion was again ordinary. Cooney seems to be better. And whatever mils did in the afters of the game, he is gone. As is jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Probably got into an argument with a Glaws supporter and used bad language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Redo91 wrote: »
    What did he do?

Parked in the incorrect location.

ouncer wrote: »
    Funny its not about money. If you look at Connacht they have fantastic players. Team selection sucks and it is crushing this squad. You have to believe in the guy next to you. That is what rugby is about. Marmion was again ordinary. Cooney seems to be better. And whatever mils did in the afters of the game, he is gone. As is jack.

Cooney couldn't play tonight and marmion had a very good second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm talking about getting a 10, I'm not sure what the above has to do with it?

I can't believe I'm posting this. From Rob Murphy, highly respected Connacht journalist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Jesus didn't expect that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Bloody hell.....when an end to the night for Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Related to the Cardiff games last month apparently

I can't believe I'm posting this. From Rob Murphy, highly respected Connacht journalist
    Is this mils we are talking about?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is this mils we are talking about?

Afraid so. Any good he might have done in PR terms for Connacht is now very much in the balance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Folks, a player has been arrested, not charged and certainly not convicted of anything. No speculation, end of.

Afraid so. Any good he might have done in PR terms for Connacht is now very much in the balance.
    OK. Don't want to know. As a performance tonight jack is brutal. But that's fine. He got selected at 10. It is not his fault he got selected at 10. Something needs to change. Pat has brought us to heights we have not attained in the past. It is his choice. I found it funny the commentary about Robbie. Its just a bunch of media folks who have no clue. Robbie did ok, he's just a player in the end.. We were abysmal and deserved to lose. Jack, I am most unhappy with you

• Advertisement

OK. Don't want to know. As a performance tonight jack is brutal. But that's fine. He got selected at 10. It is not his fault he got selected at 10. Something needs to change. Pat has brought us to heights we have not attained in the past. It is his choice. I found it funny the commentary about Robbie. Its just a bunch of media folks who have no clue. Robbie did ok, he's just a player in the end.. We were abysmal and deserved to lose. Jack, I am most unhappy with you

why was he selected he has been the worst performing player all year and he didn't get subbed , one of his cross field kicks actually went backwards :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

duckysauce wrote: »
    why was he selected he has been the worst performing player all year and he didn't get subbed , one of his cross field kicks actually went backwards :eek:

That's the puzzle - the way he was playing, anyone would have expected him to be subbed. I just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Body language looked all wrong from the team. Marm wins a big turn over near the end of the game in his 22. Not one lad ran over to congratulate him. They were still in the game. If that was any other team, players would be jumping over each other to congratulate him.

Worst game of rugby I've seen in a while.

I found it funny the commentary about Robbie. Its just a bunch of media folks who have no clue. Robbie did ok, he's just a player in the end..

Well I thought he played well and that you have no clue. Henshaw, Buckley, Tiernan and Masterson dragged Connacht kicking and screaming into that match for the last 20. Henshaw was trying too much to be the hero alright sometimes and took on one or two bad runs, but the majority of his work tonight was very good in defence and attack. Big tackles on Sharples on the counter twice come to mind and always sucking in two or three defenders carrying the ball. We had two oppurtunites at the end of the first half to score and they were both off Robbie dummy lines, he was our only dangerous player to Gloucester and they knew that by man marking him. Unfortunatley our exploitation of that was poor.

duckysauce wrote: »
    Flumuxxed by that. And I want to discuss game rather than 'stuff'. Rather discussing rugby. Jack was so not good.

ixus wrote: »
    Body language looked all wrong from the team. Marm wins a big turn over near the end of the game in his 22. Not one lad ran over to congratulate him. They were still in the game. If that was any other team, players would be jumping over each other to congratulate him.

Marmion has been pants last two games. Porter better

Marmion has been pants last two games. Porter better

Porter didn't even play 9 tonight or last week, so unless you're saying he is a better player overall i don't understand your point.

Marmion and jack. And there ya go. Utter pants between both. Do I blame kieran. Well he is ????

Marmion and jack. And there ya go. Utter pants between both. Do I blame kieran. Well he is ????

So you're saying (based on your two previous posts and my question) Ian Porter, our third choice scrum half, is better than our Irish international, and 2014 supporters player of the year scrum half Kieran Marmion?

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »

So you're saying (based on your two previous posts and my question) Ian Porter, our third choice scrum half, is better than our Irish international, and 2014 supporters player of the year scrum half Kieran Marmion?
    Yep, marmion was rubbish tonight and he was rubbish last week and he was rubbish the previous week and the previous week etc....

Advertisement