Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Traderdc

Hey guys - been following the thread, got an interview offer from Trinity today so very happy about that. Was wondering if anybody on here could give me an idea of the structure of the interview, what questions are likely to be asked etc? essentially any info. whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Em_2014

Got an interview from Trinity. Delighted!
    But also very scared!

Livk did you get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭livk

I did not, unfortunately.

I'm really sorry to hear that livk.

Still RCSI to play for and they take in more than double, so our chances getting in there for an interview should be better anyway?!!

That's the hope anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed. Never felt so sick.

• Advertisement

the whole process is so nerve-racking. and it drags out sooooooo long
    hopefully we'll hear from the others soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Interview Galway :-) Hope everyone else here got the email too!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

I got a Galway interview also. A relief that I have at least one.

Does anyone know from previous experience how many get interviewed for the 2 spots in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Well done Julie, I got one also. Hopefully RCSI will be in touch with you during the week also. You had a great hpat score :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Firstirish

I got an interview too. 10am Registration on 20th?

Has anyone gotten a later registration time or a different date? If so then it could mean more MMI sessions in the day, and could help us to work out how many are being brought for interview.

• Advertisement

Cheers Borrch. Congratulations to you too. My heart is in my mouth at this stage waiting.

Congrats to all who have one already. Best of luck to anyone waiting.

My registration time is 10am also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

any news from rcsi any one ?

They're still making their decision. Apparently no response is imminent. Someone rang this morning and asked.

Im 10am in Galway too. I half remember somebody saying they interview 20? Anyone know if this is about right?

Im 10am in Galway too. I half remember somebody saying they interview 20? Anyone know if this is about right?

Not a clue, but if there are 2 hours of MMI and each station takes 10 minutes would that not mean there could only be max 12 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭SueGrabbit

Any word on rcsi interviews?

What references are you guys using? Generally academic ones or employment ones?

RCSI interview offers are out :-) Best of luck everyone

borrch wrote: »
    RCSI interview offers are out :-) Best of luck everyone

Congrats Borrch. That must mean I haven't been so lucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tribex

I just spoke to them and they said it went out in the post today to everyone if you got it or not so if you haven't received anything don't panic it'll be in the post tomorrow. I sadly got the letter of doom so will talk to some of you next year and to anyone lucky enough to get the invite congrats

No RCSI interview for me :(

Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement

No RCSI interview for me :(

Best of luck everyone!

Got my rejection letter also :( totally devastated.

Congrats to all who got one.

julie2tubz wrote: »
    Congrats Borrch. That must mean I haven't been so lucky :(

Hi Julie, did you get the interview? You've such a great hpat score, surely they'd have to give you an interview. If not, would you consider going to NUIG or UCC?

borrch wrote: »
    Hi Julie, did you get the interview? You've such a great hpat score, surely they'd have to give you an interview. If not, would you consider going to NUIG or UCC?

Yeah I would go anywhere that would have me at this stage. :)

Galway only has the 2 spots so will be a toughie but I'll give it my best shot.

Have cork offered interviews yet? I haven't heard from them.

UCC haven't offered any interviews yet, i assume we'll hear from them this week..? I'm hoping for Galway as well, but it's hard to know what to expect from the MMI.
    Julie do you mind me asking if you had much shadowing/volunteering experience?

Yeah the MMI is a very tough one to judge. I assume you're from Galway are you?

I got shadowing work in a hospital for a week on a paediatric ward and also shadowed in a health screening place for another week.

I have volunteered in various nursing homes also over the years also and a few other bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SaraT

Got my rejection letter also :( totally devastated.

Congrats to all who got one.

Sorry to hear that Julie, you had such a good HPAT score. I'm not holding my breath as my score was bad and our work experience is very similar. Roll on 3 pm anyway...

Congrats to everyone who got the interview!

I'm certain the HPAT score doesn't matter once you get invited to send in rest of your documents with RCSI.

Such a horrible feeling not getting an interview but such is life. Fingers crossed for you sarat.

I'm certain the HPAT score doesn't matter once you get invited to send in rest of your documents with RCSI.

Do you think your PS was weak? It's just you seem to have everything they would want.... It's very confusing, I don't understand why you didn't get an interview. You probably have a better application than me, I have no previous degree.

I really don't know. But this is my 2nd year applying there and I phoned RCSI for feedback and asked how I could build on my application for this year. I feel I did pretty much everything I could possibly have done as they advised.

It's impossible to know. It's just really upsetting but I have to put it out of my head now and focus on Galway and the LC.

PS I'll be rooting for you anyway Borrch you seem like a really nice genuine person. So BEST OF LUCK :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 SaraT

Such a horrible feeling not getting an interview but such is life. Fingers crossed for you sarat.

Thanks Julie, I'll know soon.
    i really thought you'll get the interview at RCSI
    Best of luck with your NUIG interview.

Advertisement