Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Cromlech wrote: »
    We know how many have received the call but I'd love to know what number of people remain in the process. i.e. how many have failed or dropped out of the latter stages after AC.

Think the level of females failing the pca is considerably high (push/pull)

So I'd imagine there have been a fair few dropped out between that and the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

pb82 wrote: »
    Think the level of females failing the pca is considerably high (push/pull)

So I'd imagine there have been a fair few dropped out between that and the medical

Has it been stated anywhere in the media about the number of females that applied/made the merit list?

I struggled with technique on the push pull but managed to luck out and do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few males failed it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Cromlech wrote: »
    Has it been stated anywhere in the media about the number of females that applied/made the merit list?

I struggled with technique on the push pull but managed to luck out and do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few males failed it as well.

281 females on the merit list as per CC's response to policing board this month

Dr_watson wrote: »
    281 females on the merit list as per CC's response to policing board this month

Cheers, I'm just to lazy to Google this stuff for myself. It's not a particularly high number, especially if quite a few are failing the push/pull.

I wonder if they are staggering the entry of females, for group diversity so that there are a few in every intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Can you take the PCA date down please, that shouldn't be up here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Don't think the RA has a time machine so i'd imagine a date in the past is no addition to anyone now, but feel free to correct me on that! :P

.S. wrote: »
    Can you take the PCA date down please, that shouldn't be up here

Oh sorry about that. Just read on the news that Garda discovered a cache of guns and bomb making equipment in Dublin this weekend. It was seized along with a Delorean sports car and a mad scientist!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Oh bugger didn't notice that, I was meanta do PCA that date and deferred to the next batch of pcas. Shouldn't look at this when I'm tired, sorry!

.S. wrote: »
    Oh bugger didn't notice that, I was meanta do PCA that date and deferred to the next batch of pcas. Shouldn't look at this when I'm tired, sorry!

I wouldn't worry, I have made that mistake plenty of times, I've asked stupid questions about things that have already been explained.

No worries mate, we're only human! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RFC747

Any idea how reliable the info is on the next squad intake going ahead?

I believe I'd be in the AC score bracket for this class and have my AC in the future for the 2014 recruitment so would prefer not to put myself through the torture again if I didn't have to! Cheers for any info!

RFC747 wrote: »
    Any idea how reliable the info is on the next squad intake going ahead?

I believe I'd be in the AC score bracket for this class and have my AC in the future for the 2014 recruitment so would prefer not to put myself through the torture again if I didn't have to! Cheers for any info!

100% confirmed for 40 in January, the rest are being reviewed on a squad by squad basis

Wouldn't want to advise whether or not you should do the AC again, I know I never bothered as I'd passed everything

No calls today then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

What AC score do we think is going to be in the January start??

PCDiddley wrote: »

65's and 64's?

PCDiddley wrote: »

65 and 64 apparently

Few 65 in the last intake

Depends on how many 65 there are I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Hopefully very few 65s left and a few 63s with the chance to creep in! :/ wishful thinking I guess. This is torture!

Is it actually this week or next when the calls are due?

Is it actually this week or next when the calls are due?

Remember there are 6 weeks between the December and January intakes this time so might not follow the usual pattern

pb82 wrote: »
    Remember there are 6 weeks between the December and January intakes this time so might not follow the usual pattern

Whats your guess so?

• Advertisement

Whats your guess so?

At a guess, next week/start December

Get 3 weeks notice before the induction

Ahhhh noo :(

Calls seemed to go out Thursday and Friday for previous intakes so let this week pass before worrying. Anyway if your on 65 it's just a matter of waiting! If you think this is tough then think of all the hopeful optimistic people who only passed the PCA today!

Calls seemed to go out Thursday and Friday for previous intakes so let this week pass before worrying. Anyway if your on 65 it's just a matter of waiting! If you think this is tough then think of all the hopeful optimistic people who only passed the PCA today!

True, it's been a long road since September 13

Just done a bit of surfing the archives of the boards there. I was asking for PCA dates for the 65/64 for a reason. NOT ONE OF YOU REPLIED!! THANKS :-( Anyway there was no more than around 20 at my AM session and someone posted that there was only 8 at one of the other sessions on the same day. I am guessing that most of the people doing PCA that day were on 64/63 AC score. I can see that some of the 65 AC score who did PCA in August are already called up for intake 7. Anyway to cut to the chase; if there is a squad of 40 then taking into account PCA fail, Medical fail and vetting issues then there might well be space for a few 63s. Of course this is what I choose to believe anyway. If you had PCA in August and are still waiting for a call then please post on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Hmmm.... Only once have the calls been made on a Thurs and Fri chum.

Tim89 wrote: »
    Hmmm.... Only once have the calls been made on a Thurs and Fri chum.

True. Well one day I will be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

True. Well one day I will be right!

You are right in saying let this week pass though, I'd expect calls next tues and weds ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Just done a bit of surfing the archives of the boards there. I was asking for PCA dates for the 65/64 for a reason. NOT ONE OF YOU REPLIED!! THANKS :-( Anyway there was no more than around 20 at my AM session and someone posted that there was only 8 at one of the other sessions on the same day. I am guessing that most of the people doing PCA that day were on 64/63 AC score. I can see that some of the 65 AC score who did PCA in August are already called up for intake 7. Anyway to cut to the chase; if there is a squad of 40 then taking into account PCA fail, Medical fail and vetting issues then there might well be space for a few 63s. Of course this is what I choose to believe anyway. If you had PCA in August and are still waiting for a call then please post on here?

Solid detective work,you should apply to the police!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 StanSmith

I completed my PCA in August, AC score is 64, still watching my phone waiting. Anyone a rough idea when the induction weekend would be?

Advertisement