Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Yes Dr_Watson 700 passed AC but a hell of a lot failed PCA, Medical and im sure, vetting too!

If they do reduce intake sizes that will cause peoples PCA's to expire too, waiting time would be dramatically increased ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Yes Dr_Watson 700 passed AC but a hell of a lot failed PCA, Medical and im sure have failed vetting too!

If they do reduce intake sizes that will cause peoples PCA's to expire too, waiting time would be dramatically increased ! :(

Anybody aware if people have been binned for non completion of online learning within the allotted time frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Yes Dr_Watson 700 passed AC but a hell of a lot failed PCA, Medical and im sure, vetting too!

Not sure about you guys but there were about 6 no shows in my pca session alone

Couple that with the rate of failures campaign 1 could struggle to fulfil 378

pb82 wrote: »
    Not sure about you guys but there were about 6 no shows in my pca session alone

Couple that with the rate of failures campaign 1 could struggle to fulfil 378

If I remember correctly there were only about 12 or so at my session, don't know if that was standard numbers and I know at least one person failed.

It's not space that will be an issue :(

Feck it, time will tell !

• Advertisement

I've always liked the idea of Special Constables being used but obviously for safety reasons they can't in this country.

If the PSNI were willing to operate it along similar lines of military reservists, and provide training (including weapons handling) I'd give up a few days/evenings a week and do it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Regarding intake sizes being reduced; I haven't read a single post on boards of anyone giving first hand account that this was said. I have heard this rumour myself but never first hand. It may well be true but it could also be possible that someone read a paragraph in a report about recruitment being slower and less numbers and it actually referred to campaign 2. The budget for recruitment is there but the budget as a whole is finite so if there is a need for major expenditure in next few months due to critical incident, unforseen circumstances then obvioulsy that would take priority. I would say that is the reason for the ambiguity from HR. Sqauds of 20 - 25 wouldn't make any sense financially (my opinion). All that would do would be costing money by protracting the whole process. Expect the next squad to be around 40 and if there's anymore after ( if we're lucky) to be another 40. There is so much more to this equation but I think this essay is already too long!

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Regarding intake sizes being reduced; I haven't read a single post on boards of anyone giving first hand account that this was said. I have heard this rumour myself but never first hand. It may well be true but it could also be possible that someone read a paragraph in a report about recruitment being slower and less numbers and it actually referred to campaign 2. The budget for recruitment is there but the budget as a whole is finite so if there is a need for major expenditure in next few months due to critical incident, unforseen circumstances then obvioulsy that would take priority. I would say that is the reason for the ambiguity from HR. Sqauds of 20 - 25 wouldn't make any sense financially (my opinion). All that would do would be costing money by protracting the whole process. Expect the next squad to be around 40 and if there's anymore after ( if were lucky) to be another 40. There is so much more to this equation but I think this essay is already too long!

I know for a fact from a very reliable source that recruitment is being assessed on a squad by squad basis

Ideally they will continue with the squads of 42

Second option is to reduce squad sizes to 20, this isn't ideal as it doesn't even cover the loss of officers through natural wastage per month, however it is feasible as the savings made on officers retiring/resigning is then used to cover the new recruits

Third option is to cancel recruitment altogether, those that have passed the AC will the be kept on a merit list for 2 years to be used if further funding becomes available.

Long and the short is, the funding might not be there

I do feel that continuing with pca/medicals is a good sign as this would be an unnecessary waste were recruitment to stop in the immediate future

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

It would be very frustrating and harsh to get this far having jumped through so many hoops to be told there isnt enough funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

The lady in HR never mentioned the size of squads but did confirm that they are unsure of any further intakes and that the decision to recruit the next batch of hopefuls is made on a squad by squad basis. She said they at HR weren't even sure what's happening from month to month. They're carrying on and then waiting for the ok to make the calls. Fingers crossed they continue with the campaign and recruit all 378

• Advertisement

Heard the January squad of 42 will be going ahead

Don't know who ye are, but I like you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Where'd you hear this?

Tim89 wrote: »
    Where'd you hear this?

A friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

And should this be the case..... what AC scores are we anticipating being in this squad in January... any ideas?

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    And should this be the case..... what AC scores are we anticipating being in this squad in January... any ideas?

That I do not know

Not sure what scores were in the 7th intake

I'm on 65 so hoping to be in but nothing guaranteed

Some 65s were in last calls ! :)

Leftover 65 and then 64s. Doubt it will get down to me this time. Well u 65s can get the beers chilled ready for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Arsenal123

Possibility of calls this week then? :D

Arsenal123 wrote: »
    Possibility of calls this week then? :D

Hope so :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

The lady from HR said they had to wait to get confirmation for intakes on a squad by squad basis and they weren't sure until recently that Jans would go ahead so you're mate wasn't wrong lol.

Good luck guys, fingers crossed they let Febs go ahead too, I'll be lying low the next few weeks since I'll have the green eyes monster about lol!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Arsenal123

Fingers crossed!! Been a long wait but will hopefully be worth it! Good luck

Getting jealous here, damn my feeble score.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

If 65s and 64s are hoping for a call for a january start.. i dread to think when 61 will be.. if it ever comes!!

PCDiddley wrote: »
    If 65s and 64s are hoping for a call for a january start.. i dread to think when 61 will be.. if it ever comes!!

Have u done your pca yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Dammnnnnn, 63 seems a stretch to far for this one then!!! well we can hope and pray!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

Have u done your pca yet?

Oh yea pca, medical and online learning done!!

PCDiddley wrote: »
    Oh yea pca, medical and online learning done!!

Nice one

Can't be many left from 1309 to complete the pca and the rest then

We know how many have received the call but I'd love to know what number of people remain in the process. i.e. how many have failed or dropped out of the latter stages after AC.

• Advertisement

Anyone able to provide idea of numbers attending PCA in September? Not the first session but the other two? Also would be good to know if anyone with 64 score had PCA before that date

Advertisement