Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

24 better than 0!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

24? According to who?

Sthm wrote: »
    24? According to who?

Guys in intake 6 were told ! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

CC made the DOJ aware that campaign two's squads would potentially be halfed in size, but this wasn't mentioned for campaign one.

I distinctly remember a post from someone in the second squad saying they had been informed at induction that only 200 were being taken on from campaign one. This obviously ended up not true. Then another post from another user following their induction saying squads were only up to November - again, not true as we know.

Given the track record of misinformation, I'm taking that with a pinch of salt, regardless if it was directly from staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Sthm wrote: »
    CC made the DOJ aware that campaign two's squads would potentially be halfed in size, but this wasn't mentioned for campaign one.

I distinctly remember a post from someone in the second squad saying they had been informed at induction that only 200 were being taken on from campaign one. This obviously ended up not true. Then another post from another user following their induction saying squads were only up to November - again, not true as we know.

Given the track record of misinformation, I'm taking that with a pinch of salt, regardless if it was directly from staff.

I would agree.

Also why hold another round of recruitment if they weren't going to utilise the current one? It would seem to be an awful waste of resources/funding. Given the current state of affairs regarding budgets, it would be ludicrous to phase the remainder of applicants through the latter stages, at a cost to the PSNI just to tell us to clear off in a matter of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Im from intake 6 and no mention of this campaign's intakes going down to 24. He said recruitment would be slower and with fewer spaces bit I assumed that was for campaign 2. You will all soon find out after intake 7's induction weekend. Good luck to all waiting :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

I would also have to agree with what the others have said (though possibly as much out of optimism as anything else.) If there were only potentially to be another 48 recruits in total from campaign one it makes no sense that they are still putting guys who would be well outside that number through pcas and medicals

But I guess we won't have to wait long to find out either way...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

So far 6 intakes from 09/13 campaign with 228 recruits. Don't know squad size for intake 7 but maybe one of the lucky people that got call in the last batch can help? Using an average figure for intake 7 to be 38 then that leaves 112 spaces spread between next 3 campaigns before March. (IGNORING ALL THE CHAT ABOUT REDUCED/LIMITED INTAKES). This is my best case scenario so fingers crossed. Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Dr_watson wrote: »
    So far 6 intakes from 09/13 campaign with 228 recruits. Don't know squad size for intake 7 but maybe one of the lucky people that got call in the last batch can help? Using an average figure for intake 7 to be 38 then that leaves 112 spaces spread between next 3 campaigns before March. (IGNORING ALL THE CHAT ABOUT REDUCED/LIMITED INTAKES). This is my best case scenario so fingers crossed. Anyone agree?

Makes sense provided they do take the full quota of 378

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

They'll take the full 378 for campaign 1. The money for this was already allocated and effectively spent before budget cuts and talks of it. There's no way the CC wouldn't take the full 378 this campaign given that he's been told to scale back campaign 2. He'll be getting his money's worth this time round so settle petal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

I am waiting for the call with everything completed

Scored 65 at the assessment centre

I know that squad 8 has not yet been confirmed whether it will go ahead or not.

Squad 8 would be due to start in gv on 18th January with the induction being the sunday before christmas

HR are not in a place to confirm whether recruitment is going ahead as normal or if squad numbers will be reduced to 20 or if recruitment will be put in hold altogether

Essentially the decisions are being made in a squad by squad basis

Hopefully it continues as normal and everyone gets in.

Campaign 2 would have been stopped had the money not already been spent up front with deloitte to run the recruitment campaign

pb82 wrote: »
    I am waiting for the call with everything completed

Scored 65 at the assessment centre

I know that squad 7 has not yet been confirmed whether it will go ahead or not.

HR are not in a place to confirm whether recruitment is going ahead as normal or if squad numbers will be reduced to 20 or if recruitment will be put in hold altogether

Essentially the decisions are being made in a squad by squad basis

Hopefully it continues as normal and everyone gets in.

Campaign 2 would have been stopped had the money not already been spent up front with deloitte to run the recruitment campaign

There's no point speculating or relying on what others have been told.
    I'd suppose it is better to be optimistic as we will just depress ourselves if we worry to much about the negative info floating around about 'numbers' and 'cuts'.

You will only know what is definite once you get a call and find out first hand what applies for that specific intake.

Cromlech wrote: »
    There's no point speculating or relying on what others have been told.
    I'd suppose it is better to be optimistic as we will just depress ourselves if we worry to much about the negative info floating around about 'numbers' and 'cuts'.

You will only know what is definite once you get a call and find out first hand what applies for that specific intake.

Not intentionally being negative, just passing on information I have been given from a friend in HR

Essentially no one knows what is happening and decisions are being made on a sqhad by squad basis

The Chief Constable is determined for recruitment to continue which is a good thing

Not intentionally being negative, just passing on information I have been given from a friend in HR

Essentially no one knows what is happening and decisions are being made on a sqhad by squad basis

The Chief Constable is determined for recruitment to continue which is a good thing

Oh I know, I didn't mean to imply that you were being negative. I just meant in general, there is so much info on here that can make people panic at the prospect of not getting in that it is probably best to be optimistic and save your self from unnecessary stress.

I appreciate any extra info anyone can provide, it helps with the waiting process, I don't feel as 'in the dark' about what is going on with recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bearington

Just as a point for consideration, it was once reported on these forums that someone from HR stated that those with an AC score of 62 or below would more than likely not be phased to the final stages of recruitment (PCA, medical etc..) and should try again in another campaign.

Yet as we all now know, most of these candidates have been phased and are fast approaching the "waiting" stage like so many others. So I would take any reports from HR with a pinch of salt.

Until we get an official announcement reporting a change to campaign 13/09 the slow march to G'ville continues.

Cromlech wrote: »
    Oh I know, I didn't mean to imply that you were being negative. I just meant in general, there is so much info on here that can make people panic at the prospect of not getting in that it is probably best to be optimistic and save your self from unnecessary stress.

I appreciate any extra info anyone can provide, it helps with the waiting process, I don't feel as 'in the dark' about what is going on with recruitment.

Tell me about it

I missed out the last time in the merit pool when they cut recruitment and knew nothing about it

Good resource this site

Tell me about it

I missed out the last time in the merit pool when they cut recruitment and knew nothing about it

Good resource this site

That sucks, that would be my worst nightmare. Just hoping that as there are people like yourself with higher AC scores still waiting on a call and they are still putting people through the medicals and PCA that they are intending on keeping intake numbers up.

Bearington wrote: »
    Just as a point for consideration, it was once reported on these forums that someone from HR stated that those with an AC score of 62 or below would more than likely not be phased to the final stages of recruitment (PCA, medical etc..) and should try again in another campaign.

Yet as we all now know, most of these candidates have been phased and are fast approaching the "waiting" stage like so many others. So I would take any reports from HR with a pinch of salt.

Until we get an official announcement reporting a change to campaign 13/09 the slow march to G'ville continues.

I'm on 62 AC score and just passed medical this week. I didn't expect to get to this stage considering the number of high scorers in the wait stage.

Ye all are fierce quiet these days !

Anxiety must be building up ahead of the calls is it? I can feel it starting to come on :(

• Advertisement

Lol I'm in hiding!!!! Ankle still fcuked so don't think I'm making it through. Not sure whether to defer to feb PCA and risk not having space for me or batter on this month and hope I pass; highly unlikely since I've done sh1t all training this time round. Rock and a hard place springs to mind :(

What did you do it ? Fracture or ligaments or what?

Hope you'll manage your PCA this time around, for IMO it would be chancy enough waiting until new year ?!? :o

Ligaments :( over he top of the foot and around my ankle bone. Went over in it really badly. Hearing the crunch was not nice, thought it had broken to start with lol.

I'm guessing you think if I defer there's not going to be places? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Anxiety must be building up ahead of the calls is it? I can feel it starting to come on :(

Come on DC. With a 65 you are a banker for the call this time round! It's the rest of us with the lower scores that have the anxiety problem. I'm sure time next week you will b getting some good news

I've been busy researching how not to lose 550 quid on flights I booked to vegas for my mates wedding

It's not looking good

Quietly confident of a call for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GC654

I emailed HR the other day. I got a reply saying..

As a result of the budget cuts, I cannot confirm numbers or dates as we are awaiting confirmation. Maybe this is just a generic email they send back

GC654 wrote: »
    I emailed HR the other day. I got a reply saying..

As a result of the budget cuts, I cannot confirm numbers or dates as we are awaiting confirmation. Maybe this is just a generic email they send back

Not a generic email, it is actually how things are happening, they don't know and it is being decided on a squad by squad basis at present

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GC654

Not a generic email, it is actually how things are happening, they don't know and it is being decided on a squad by squad basis at present

Can't see there being any calls next week now anyway.

GC654 wrote: »
    Can't see there being any calls next week now anyway.

I wouldn't expect anything until the start of December at the earliest

Induction due for 21st December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Surely with a 65 desert you must be feeling a little confident of getting a call? I have fingers and toes crossed that a 63 might sneak in this time.

Advertisement