Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Vetting are great at replying! Turns out I have passed my vetting! One less thing to worry about.

Now just to obsess over whether or not I get a call....some time. Agony!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Vetting are great at replying! Turns out I have passed my vetting! One less thing to worry about.

With everyone going insane about recruitment they probably expect to get emails around this time of the month now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Have my medical in a couple of weeks, any point in me contacting vetting before then?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

Can someone PM me the email address for vetting too if possible!

Well done to those lucky enough to get the call already!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

DaveNi wrote: »
    Have my medical in a couple of weeks, any point in me contacting vetting before then?

The substance misuse test is supposed to form part of it and you do this at the medical, although they told me I cleared vetting at the end of last month when I only had my medical/SMT at the start of November. So you never know.

• Advertisement

Excellant, thanks for the reply.
    Would you have the vetting contact email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrsplash

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here, can anyone give me that vetting email address? Curious to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 StanSmith

I loved hearing my phone ring...see you lucky lot soon

Emailed vetting 20 minutes ago and already got a reply to say ive passed vetting, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

StanSmith wrote: »
    I loved hearing my phone ring...see you lucky lot soon

If you don't mind me asking what score did you get in the Test at the start? The one out of 75?I'm on 64 too just don't know how they determine who gets in first:)

• Advertisement

Can someone send me vettings email??? Pretty please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 StanSmith

coka67 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking what score did you get in the Test at the start? The one out of 75?I'm on 64 too just don't know how they determine who gets in first:)

StanSmith wrote: »

Ok thanks! I got higher than that and didn't get called so I don't know how they work it out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Ok thanks! I got higher than that and didn't get called so I don't know how they work it out :(

I reckon they just pick and choose who they want,for example if they are under represented by people from mid Ulster they can take more people from that area as everyone has the same score so they aren't discriminating. I'm probably wrong though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

When did you pass everything? If it's only been recently then you maybe didn't make the deadline for these calls. My vetting passed end of august, if it had been 2 weeks earlier I'd have been called in September, unfortunately it didn't and now my PCA and medical have expired :-/ well that's what HR told me but there's been someone say they've literally passed everything and got a call soon after so who knows. Hang in there :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    When did you pass everything? If it's only been recently then you maybe didn't make the deadline for these calls. My vetting passed end of august, if it had been 2 weeks earlier I'd have been called in September, unfortunately it didn't and now my PCA and medical have expired :-/ well that's what HR told me but there's been someone say they've literally passed everything and got a call soon after so who knows. Hang in there :)

Had medical at start of October! Rang around the same time and they said vetting had cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Had medical at start of October! Rang around the same time and they said vetting had cleared

What month was your PCA? If it was in August was it on a Monday?

Dr_watson wrote: »

Yep

Yep

My PCA in September was 64 & 63 so you are still higher on the merit list than any of those people. I'm not going to speculate on how its decided because I really haven't a clue. I wouldn't think all 40 people have been finalised today so dont be giving up hope yet. Some people would have wanted time to think over it and others maybe couldn't be contacted. If you dont get a call on Monday then you will be one of the first for February if it ever happens. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mrpickle

Im in the same boat as you coka67, 64 at AC and no phonecall today. Does anybody think there will be a chance of more phonecalls on Monday for this intake? Or will it be another few weeks of nervous waiting? This process would drive ye crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Does anyone know how long the current merit list lasts for I read somewhere March 2015 but im not sure if that was for a previous recruitment drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Does anyone know how long the current merit list lasts for I read somewhere March 2015 but im not sure if that was for a previous recruitment drive.

March 2015 would be correct,start of a new tax year in April

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Ok,so Ive heard from two separate sources that the calls in January will be the last ones for 2013 campaign.

Im assuming that the last round of calls are for the "sweep-up" PCAs and the remaining highest scorers.

Any thoughts on the implications of only 9 squads?

What happens to those whove passed everything but haven't made the 9 squads?Are they then included in the first squads in the 2014 process?Have there been people in the past who,for one reason or another have ended up with the next recruitment drive?

Oh,and one final thing.I seem to remember that vetting took a hell of a long time for some people,particularly those from the South.I think Shield said his vetting took over a year.Have we any people from the South still waiting at the minute and if so how would this affect their application with everything taken into consideration?

Could you enlighten us on who the sources are?

I doubt that this is the case, but only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Ok,so Ive heard from two separate sources that the calls in January will be the last ones for 2013 campaign.

Im assuming that the last round of calls are for the "sweep-up" PCAs and the remaining highest scorers.

Any thoughts on the implications of only 9 squads?

What happens to those whove passed everything but haven't made the 9 squads?Are they then included in the first squads in the 2014 process?Have there been people in the past who,for one reason or another have ended up with the next recruitment drive??

If that's the case that January is the final calls for the 2013 process and those that have passed everything don't receive the call then they have to start over with the 2014 process as the merit list for the 2013 expires in March. So I am assuming and someone can correct me if I'm wrong that people would have to do the pca, medical, online learning all again in order to make it through the 2014 process to get a call. After March it's a new merit list.

DaveNi wrote: »
    Could you enlighten us on who the sources are?

I doubt that this is the case, but only time will tell.

I cant be specific Daveni,but can say that one of the sources is knowledgable about the funding for the 2013 recruitment drive and that some of this cash has been spent elsewhere as opposed to directly getting boots on the street,which would explain the lack of a possible 10th squad and fulfilment of the 368 positions mooted.

Who knows as a lot of this recruitment is peculiar.I wouldn't be taking anything for granted.

If that's the case that January is the final calls for the 2013 process and those that have passed everything don't receive the call then they have to start over with the 2014 process as the merit list for the 2013 expires in March. So I am assuming and someone can correct me if I'm wrong that people would have to do the pca, medical, online learning all again in order to make it through the 2014 process to get a call. After March it's a new merit list.

I would guess so,but you never know.

If they have applicants ready to go having passed everything from 2013 they may revise the March expiry which would make sense financially.

There may be an overlap.

Im in the 2014 process to and will go through the whole thing again if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

I cant be specific Daveni,but can say that one of the sources is knowledgable about the funding for the 2013 recruitment drive and that some of this cash has been spent elsewhere as opposed to directly getting boots on the street,which would explain the lack of a possible 10th squad and fulfilment of the 368 positions mooted.

Who knows as a lot of this recruitment is peculiar.I wouldn't be taking anything for granted.

I've not heard this, it is possible mind you but I know they are trying to get the money on a squad by squad basis

Fingers crossed for everyone, just glad I was fortunate enough to get the call this time round

• Advertisement

pb82 wrote: »
    I've not heard this, it is possible mind you but I know they are trying to get the money on a squad by squad basis

Fingers crossed for everyone, just glad I was fortunate enough to get the call this time round

I agree,Id love to see everyone who has got this far get in!

Don't get me wrong,Im just passing on info that Ive been told but I suppose at the end of the day itll come down to one persons yay or nay where squads and squad numbers are concerned.

pb82,you really are a lucker fecker.Its coming very close to the wire for those of us hopefuls!

Advertisement