Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

I was told by one of the trainers in GV after the first intake it was to be a total of 9 intakes of 42,had hoped given some of the numbers re the size of the intakes they'd add a 10th but after the changes to the budget January calls being the last seems about right unfortunately.

Can someone confirm for me,did everyone with the same score do pca on the same day,ie would everyone on 64 have done it over a couple of different sessions on one date? Trying to work out the possible numbers now!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

If the rumours are true and all of campaign 1s intake are on the old pay scale due to it being advertised as part of the campaign then it makes sense to try and use campaign 2

160k saving per squad of 40

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Its too difficult to even guess the numbers as none of the intakes have been the same. Everyone is still in with a shout.

Well looking back there seems to have been an average of 15 people at each pca session,2 sessions for 64s and 2 for 63s is a total of 60 people. At least 10 will have failed pca and at least 10 will have failed subsequent stages/dropped out of the process.

Say roughly 10 64s get into intake 8 that leaves about 30 for (hopefully) 40 spaces,obvs there will be those on higher scores who had to repeat/deferred too. I may be clutching at straws but that's how I see it

I know there's probably no point in speculating but I'd rather have a rough idea of where I stand even if it's completely wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

We'll know what's happening soon enough.

If the next set of calls are to be the last, then I'm not sure why they're phasing more through medicals and essentially wasting dosh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

All this speculation makes me feel ill!!
    It would be hateful to have gotten this far and passed everything just to fall victim to a budget.

I suppose it's no good trying to guess at numbers who scored this and that, there could be any number of people sitting on 64, 63 etc.

But what I can't understand myself is why progress people through the medical etc at this point if they already have more than enough to fill the final squad intakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bearington

Received some information from a source tonight. It's mostly second hand, so take it with a pinch of a salt, but the main points were;

- A squad will indeed go ahead in January and will likely be 40 in size

- The powers that be are trying to continue recruitment onto the Student Officer course for as long as possible.

As I said, mainly second hand information, but somewhat encouraging and appears to reflects the CC's statements to the Policing Board (in regards to recruitment) at the start of November.

Let's keep the heads up! If anything it will develop patience for our future out on the beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

I just want to hibernate until January, only waking to answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

E-mailed to check the status of my vetting and it's still pending. Not taking that as good news, although i've found it's easier to be pessimistic about this whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mrpickle

CDizzle wrote: »
    E-mailed to check the status of my vetting and it's still pending. Not taking that as good news, although i've found it's easier to be pessimistic about this whole process.

Yea it's a lot easier to be pessimistic. I got my email back this morning, mine cleared in mid-September and I sent it in June. Might be pissing in the wind today but I'm hoping for a few more phonecalls coming through today for the January intake. This not knowing business is doing my head in

• Advertisement

mrpickle wrote: »
    Yea it's a lot easier to be pessimistic. I got my email back this morning, mine cleared in mid-September and I sent it in June. Might be pissing in the wind today but I'm hoping for a few more phonecalls coming through today for the January intake. This not knowing business is doing my head in

So yours took 3 months to clear? Mine was sent in August, i think, so it will hopefully be cleared soon then.

There i am going between pessimistic and optimistic again!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

So yours took 3 months to clear? Mine was sent in August, i think, so it will hopefully be cleared soon then.

There i am going between pessimistic and optimistic again!

Vetting times differ greatly

All depends on how many siblings you have, where they live etc etc

Lots of diifferent variables which can cause delays

pb82 wrote: »
    Vetting times differ greatly

All depends on how many siblings you have, where they live etc etc

Lots of diifferent variables which can cause delays

1 sibling, not many different addresses, no university addresses to try and remember or worry about. Thought it would have been straight forward enough.

I'll check again in a few weeks before really worrying about it.

Also - without this place i'd be demented not knowing what was going on so a big thank you to all on here providing information to us all.

Also - without this place i'd be demented not knowing what was going on so a big thank you to all on here providing information to us all.

So many variables, so much speculation, different people saying different things who have heard it from different people saying different things, people who know people etc. This place calms my nerves a little bit, but at the end of the day none of us are going to know what's going on until we hear it for ourselves. Fingers crossed everyone who has passed everything gets the job though! We need all the help we can get

Hearing more calls have went out today for January start.

When does online learning start?
    Is it after pca or after medical?

It's after your PCA as far as I remember.

Yeah, they send you an email with the details of login and advising you to change your password. :)

It's after your PCA as far as I remember.

Yeah, they send you an email with the details of login and advising you to change your password. :)

Thanks! :)
    Any idea how long after pca?

Any calls still going out for anybody? Im on 64 and the suspense is killing me!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

DaveNi wrote: »
    Hearing more calls have went out today for January start.

When does online learning start?
    Is it after pca or after medical?

Seems to be every five weeks, on the dot. At least so far anyway.

1st December will be the next group if it rolls like it has done so far.

• Advertisement

I can't say for certain, but I think it was a couple of weeks.

According to the online learning thing, the next course is due to start on the 5th of December. And I think you get the login details about a week before the course actually is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

For anyone who deferred a medical,PCA or an offer of employment,was it made clear about the 6 month shelf life for PCAs?

It doesn't seem that its divulged very freely.

I haven't a clue what is going on. It has been said that the calls that may be made in January may be the last for 2013 campaign, but there are those who have had to defer PCA's etc and have been given rough dates for these to take place in Jan/Feb....I'm just completely baffled now.

I got the call about 3.45pm today, so hopefully a few more of you guys have been contacted!

Happy days. Can't be many 64s left now,anyone with 64 on here still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

Are there any other 64's (on here anyway) still waiting or can we guess that the next squad could be 63's and lower??

weewheels wrote: »
    Are there any other 64's (on here anyway) still waiting or can we guess that the next squad could be 63's and lower??

Hopefully it is 63 and lower if/when the next calls go out. Don't think I can wait any longer.

Me too, I'm 63 but I'm hoping that there actually is another squad to go ahead and we don't lose out due to the budget cuts!

weewheels wrote: »
    Me too, I'm 63 but I'm hoping that there actually is another squad to go ahead and we don't lose out due to the budget cuts!

I'm on 62 and a bit worried that even if there is another squad in Jan that I won't be part of it. Hoping all the 64's have went through and that there aren't that many 63's and 62's and that they would combine to make a squad.

• Advertisement

Me too, good luck with whatever happens, only time will tell.

Advertisement