Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 21st 2014

Options
  • 21-03-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Just to stop an annoying "I can't believe there isn't a thread yet" thread, here's a thread.

running_berner.jpg?w=450&h=309

400px-Happy-kitten-kittens-5890512-1600-1200.jpg

Detail of guests to follow.

Here's Ryan Tubridy giving a scathing Book review

http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/1862-before-fame/471941-ryan-tubridy-on-scratch-saturday/

Update

Lorraine Kelly, her off TV-am, GMTV, Daybreak and the new Good Morning Britain is on to plug her new book.

Tony Griffin, who hurls for Clare, talks about the Soar Foundation who "help young people to take control of their lives" He's on with henry McKean from Newstalk, Una Mulally off stuff and Marissa someone, a blonde woman I don't recognise

An appearance from Sinn Fein TD and possible future Taoiseach Mary Lou McDonald

There will be someone from Game of Thrones And it's Art Parkinson who plays Rickon Stark (apparently).

Mike Ross who plays for Leinster and Ireland

Jim Culloty who trains Horses, including the Gold Cup winner Lord Windermere

Music from 80s songstress and former Razzmatazz Presenter Lisa Stansfield

A bit of Trad from Altan

And something a bit more modern from Raglans

I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

I'm glad somebody is thinking of us! :)

I think RTE forgot about the LLS this week. Not a mention. They know its on Friday's right?
    I see the Saturday Show has a pretty good, old school LLS line up.
    Are they phasing out the LLS? Most likely just lazy as they know x amount will tune in regardless I'd guess.
    Maybe we're the guests?

*I'd like to see young, dismissive, no time for your messin' Ryan appear for the odd interview. You've Changed Ryan, you use to be cool less of a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Skid X wrote: »
    J

Detail of today's RTE Canteen patrons to follow.

FYP Skid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Puppehs and Kittehs. My Friday is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The word on the street from usually reliable sources suggest the following ...

Lorraine Kelly cheeky Scottish TV Presenter who has been doing Breakfast Television since before toast was invented

Tony Griffin who hurls for Clare talking about the Soar Foundation. Possibly with other people

Music from Irish group Raglans who are doing well in the charts.

Ah well.

Mr E wrote: »
    Puppehs and Kittehs. My Friday is complete.

I had some very persuasive correspondence from KKAPPOOOP (Keep Kitteh and Puppeh Pictures on our Opening Posts) which convinced me to restore them to the OP this week. And to fix the broken lock on my window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

mary lou mcdonald from sinn fein added to the list....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Also on tonight's show...

CLIPS!!

Also on tonight's show...

CLIPS!!

They'll need to get Roisín and Colette out of retirement to keep the clip machine going.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

And no Twink? I don't think I'll bother. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Dragon?

Yes, Dragon McDonald:D:mad::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sounds rubbish. Why do people still watch this muck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

No Graham Norton Show tonight. Bollocks.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Sounds rubbish. Why do people still watch this muck?

It's as if there is an organised cult posting here recently demanding we stop watching. You could set your watch by their posts.

Live and let live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I think it's fair to say that most of us wouldn't watch it if we couldn't simultaneously bitch about it online. It's given bad television a whole new lease of life. And RTE are clearly aware of this phenomenon, because they display the #latelate hashtag at the start of the show, despite the fact that Twitter, like Boards, is mainly critical of the Late Late.

They should really include a link to this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RayM wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say that most of us wouldn't watch it if we couldn't simultaneously bitch about it online. It's given bad television a whole new lease of life. And RTE are clearly aware of this phenomenon, because they display the #latelate hashtag at the start of the show, despite the fact that Twitter, like Boards, is mainly critical of the Late Late.

They should really include a link to this thread too.

They should have the comments running along the bottom of the screen

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    mary lou mcdonald from sinn fein added to the list....

He'll be all serious asking her about the IRA.
    It's not like she's Fianna Fail and he can ask how Auntie Mary is now, is it?:rolleyes:

For Reals wrote: »
    He'll be all serious asking her about the IRA.
    It's not like she's Fianna Fail and he can ask how Auntie Mary is now, is it?:rolleyes:

I think she is a twig off the FF tree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Even better, they should have sile seoige at a desk with headphones on ala Phil Thompson on soccer saturday after half an hour of the show the following conversation would ensue

Ryan: so what are they saying on boards Sile?
    Sile: well Ryan Sept 23 1989 has been commenting on the fact that your a sh*te host and he has got an incredible 155 thanks for this, Skidx is a bit more subdued this week and has only slated the guests, however, he has got a respectable 20 thanks for this and finally for the moment welsh megaman is looking to find out what time Graham Norton is on, back to you Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Skid X wrote: »
    It's as if there is an organised cult posting here recently demanding we stop watching.

A very sinister cult indeed which could well be backed by TV3 money or even the gang responsible for the Irish Ukranians Not Russians outrage. If we give in to their demands who knows where it could lead. Brendan O'Connor could be their next target. Stand firm and tuned to RTE1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

RayM wrote: »
    No Graham Norton Show tonight. Bollocks.

Sport Relief is on. Might be a bit of crack but no GN.

The Twink of politics, Mary-Lou is on. An easy interview for Tubs, 5 mins talking about republican terrorism and 5 mins talking about women in politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

COYW wrote: »
    Sport Relief is on. Might be a bit of crack but no GN.

The Twink of politics, Mary-Lou is on. An easy interview for Tubs, 5 mins talking about republican terrorism and 5 mins talking about women in politics.

Graham finished 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

gonna be a long night. im off to the offy.
    To alcohol " the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems".

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Even better, they should have sile seoige at a desk with headphones on ala Phil Thompson on soccer saturday after half an hour of the show the following conversation would ensue

Ryan: so what are they saying on boards Sile?
    Sile: well Ryan Sept 23 1989 has been commenting on the fact that your a sh*te host and he has got an incredible 155 thanks for this, Skidx is a bit more subdued this week and has only slated the guests, however, he has got a respectable 20 thanks for this and finally for the moment welsh megaman is looking to find out what time Graham Norton is on, back to you Ryan.

"And another thing - Another lazy, hackneyed OP this week, Ryan. Same old rubbish from Skid every week. He jumped the shark a long time ago"

"Thanks Sile, he's obviously skidding nobody this week"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Heh, thread is gas already. Looking forward to it.

Sure Mary Lou is always good for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

For Reals wrote: »
    I see the Saturday Show has a pretty good, old school LLS line up.

Does a pretty good, old school LLS line-up really include two of the unfunniest women on Irish TV? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Coming up on The Saturday Night Show this week... Katherine Lynch and Jennifer Maguire tell us about their brand new sitcom “The Centre”, which starts on RTÉ Two on Monday 24th March.

IMHO, the SNS really hasn't fired on all cylinders thus far in 2014. :(

I'll go into more detail when the thread for tomorrow night's episode goes up.

Does a pretty good, old school LLS line-up really include two of the unfunniest women on Irish TV? :eek: :eek: :eek:

IMHO, the SNS really hasn't fired on all cylinders thus far in 2014. :(

I'll go into more detail when the thread for tomorrow night's episode goes up.

Hey, low blow, I thought it was a drama, considering Lynch was in it :)
    Brendan O'Carroll, this generations Bottler, 'Howya missus, ha ha ha' and so on.

A good chance at a broad debate is having: 'Margaretta D’Arcy speaks exclusively to Brendan about her campaigning life and her time behind bars.
    The 79-year-old Aosdána member, who is suffering from cancer and has arthritis, has just completed three months behind bars after being imprisoned in mid-January for refusing to sign a bail bond to uphold the law and keep away from unauthorised zones at Shannon airport.'
    Sure there's you're misery slot, interesting guest, politics and the U.S./C.I.A. all in one slot.

'How's yer father, wha?' Quiet Brendan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I've took the photoshop down from the shelf and put together a little visualisation of what such a thing might look like on screen... And you know, I think it's a great idea..

7ry49g.jpg

Tubs is one of the very few people who can sit with legs crossed and still have both feet on the floor! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Dragon?

Saw this post earlier...assumed it was something to do with Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.

But now I realise they have a new one of those silly Dragon's Den self-promotion experts on that silly show this week.

You're right, surely one of them will be on to promote it (and their other businesses).

Thanks to Bank of Ireland for their help and support, without which this post wouldn't have been possible.

Advertisement