Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 14th 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    God, they're so handsome the pair of them. Especially the guy on the right.

Handsome and really nice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭vforvictory

cofy wrote: »
    There's no doubt about it, Christine has had two son's to be very very proud of, although I worry it may be too soon for them to be on the LLS, it's lovely to hear their side to her bravery. I wish them the very best.

I wonder if they contacted the LLS or were contacted by the LLS to appear tonight?

I just cannot understand why they are on a day after her funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,304 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'd like to think that despite the begrudgery, kneemos is watching the LLS tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

my friend wrote: »
    Yes, her credibility is greatly tarred by her association with him

Smacks of desperation and careerism by Aoibheann

Tell us Aoibhinn,what first attracted you to DLB..????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Skid X wrote: »
    Imagine Joey Essex talking to these two in the Green Room ...

He thought both of them were Paul McGrath..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I thought it was a bit much having these guys on so soon. NO disrespect to the two of them, who are handling this with quite extraordinary grace and dignity, but there is something very cynical about the fact that, presumably, someone from the LLS team effectively jumped on the phone as soon as the poor woman passed, in an attempt to secure their appearance.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Such a great woman,loving kind Mother,they are entitled to speak about and be as proud of her as they want. At least they deserve the respect and the right to honour her memory,as they wish, when they wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 366 ✭✭Juan_Mata

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    God, they're so handsome the pair of them. Especially the guy on the right.

I wish I was handsome. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Clip

• Registered Users Posts: 81,830 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It was like war crimes that went on with children in this country, with full support from the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

And now the weekly segment that brings back memories of the sad times in my life..this week its the memory of my own mother dying of cancer.
    For gods sake - are the researchers outside the room of the dying woman nabbing the family for the programme in case they make other plans for a Friday night

RTE are gone worse than the tabloids, doorstepping the parents of dead children.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Juan_Mata wrote: »

You're Juan of a kind ;)

see what i did there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's a good, and indeed rythmic question Skid.

I was talking to someone about karma earlier.

Either we were all pr*cks, or there's some goooood times ahead!

When I look back upon my life,
    It's always with a sense of shame
    I've always been the one to blame ...

Tears don't come from the centre of the eye?

Autosport wrote: »
    You're Juan of a kind ;)

Probably a good thing for the ladies. ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the institution they are talking to now RTE,knew about the abuse suffered by their mother and thousands of others at the time and did nothing to expose it

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

I'm sure you're just lovely ��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Oh god i am not the better of hearing that about the little baby

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

In fairness, this story has huge social relevance.

She was an absolute hero; had incredible guts and doggedness.

She was probably the most important person in this country in terms of breaking open the story of the abuse that went on in this country and she refused to cowed into silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Tell us Aoibhinn,what first attracted you to DLB..????

Well, there were nasty cobwebs on the ceiling, and I didn't have a broom handy...when our eyes met across the room...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I'm fairly sure Christine Buckley never appeared on the LLS in her lifetime.

Its strange, she would have been a great guest. Maybe they were afraid she would cause legal problems by saying things about the religious orders.

Edit: I got that wrong, she was on in 1992. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

At least you're a rich footballer...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

lolo62 wrote: »
    So glad to see a thread on this. Late late show has been seriously deteriorating into a predictable yawn fest for ages now.
    I reckon people don't want to go on the show because tubridy is so anal and controlling.
    He is not good with vulnerability and regularly misses and dismisses key moments in interviews.
    It seems the more interesting the guest the more rigid he becomes, anyone remember the Mia Farrow visit? Disaster!
    It seems he's just settled into sticking to what he's most comfortable doing, interviewing victims and other uptight people he can banter with.
    He also regularly asks guests to do the same party trick he saw them do on Graham Norton or J Ross, and relies far too much on footage clips.
    Just not working hard enough in my opinion.

Very well said. I can't quite decide if he just doesn't have the personality to do the job well, or if he couldn't be bothered educating himself better on his guests (as opposed to just reading things off a cue card) so that he could empathize with them more, and make the interviews better for the viewer.

I have a feeling it is the former. I have a hard time believing that the higher ups in in RTE over the past 3 years, have all thought that he does a great job every night. Has no one really seen fit to take him in hand and, make him put in the effort to make the show better? I just know that that what I see on my telly box is terrible.

Fair play to these two lads. They are a credit to their mother. I can't imagine being able to hold it together enough to go on national TV the week that my mother died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

If anyone wants to cheer themselves up there's a film about a child kidnapping on TG4 at 11:35.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Autosport wrote: »
    You're Juan of a kind ;)

Being honest chief, you didn't actually say one way or another if Juan is handsome or not.

Be happy with your soccer skills, and be thankful you're not Wayne Rooney.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 maxx_power

It was like war crimes that went on with children in this country, with full support from the state.

true but the majority of the general population ignored ( and by default supported ) what was going on as well , families bunged their pregnant daughters into these places in order to preserve respectability

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

ThirdMan wrote: »
    If anyone wants to cheer themselves up there's a film about a child kidnapping on TG4 at 11:35.

Amber - as gaeilge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

And the worst of it is that the overwhelming majority of the perpetrators got away scot free as they had died before anything was done about remedying this horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

For a split second I though he was going to say Louis Walsh was in the audience! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

dcmm wrote: »
    Such a great woman,loving kind Mother,they are entitled to speak about and be as proud of her as they want. At least they deserve the respect and the right to honour her memory,as they wish, when they wish.

This is true, it's just the pattern that's there on the show of every week something desperate being on, but you're right...beautiful woman and lovely sons

Advertisement