Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

rubadub wrote: »
    guinness are being utterly ripped apart on facebook in every post they put up, people complaining about these cans.

20 should be the max you have to pay from now on, and if availing of dunnes vouchers it might be worth it. You might just have to follow the advice on using it best. I still think beamish or murphys could cash in on this and turn some of the freakishly & illogically loyal guinness drinkers to turn to another dark side. I always find it utterly bizarre how many people are out there who consider themselves "guinness drinkers" but who might have only tried 1 or 2 other stouts in their entire life, and some would have had their minds made up before even tasting those "sorry mate, no guinness on tap, -oh I'll have a lager so!". Masterful conmen of marketing... Only Coca cola come close, and maybe heinz ketchup in 3rd

Guinness is more like the McDonalds of beer, it's even got a quality team to ensure the consistency in every pub. That's why I cringe every time I hear of, "great pint of Guinness here", "awful pints of Guinness here". It's probably the most consistent a beer you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Fairweather Guinness Drinker myself so hopefully the widget returns soon. The pint I like but the cans are at best meh (to me).

In other news, Stella is 20 bucks in Lidl for 24 x 330 ml bottles and a bottle of baileys is still €10 there also.
    Been that way for 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi
    MLfTMi9.png

Tesco
    NrKUoh7.png

Supervalu
    bRA2h7Y.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I’m not buying those 470 ml cans. No chance. (Just thought I’d let you know in case you were wondering :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Good deal on the litre bottle of Boyle’s gin. That’s the usual price for 700ml.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

vicwatson wrote: »
    I’m not buying those 470 ml cans. No chance. (Just thought I’d let you know in case you were wondering :-) )

I made the same decision when they came out, I refuse to support the sneaky humps for pulling a stunt like this.

I see in the ads above that Aldi haven't detailed the size of the cans which is even more sneaky, at least the others have put it in the small print.

To be honest at 20 for 24 cans I'll probably yield and pick up a few Bulmers if they are in front of me, but hell will freeze over before I support Guinness with this hungry move.

I see they were selling glasses in Lidl yesterday, 7 euro for two and they had some other tat as well they were trying to charge premium prices for when they should be giving it away and be thankful if anyone would want it.

The Covid 19 is after landing them on their arse big time, I'm delighted, they have taken their customer base for granted for far too long.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭tphase

I much preferred this thread when it focussed on booze bargain alerts....

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Anyone else notice that about 25% of cans in a Heineken slab are dead when poured

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Anyone else notice that about 25% of cans in a Heineken slab are dead when poured

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

I made the same decision when they came out, I refuse to support the sneaky humps for pulling a stunt like this.

I see in the ads above that Aldi haven't detailed the size of the cans which is even more sneaky, at least the others have put it in the small print.

To be honest at 20 for 24 cans I'll probably yield and pick up a few Bulmers if they are in front of me, but hell will freeze over before I support Guinness with this hungry move.

I see they were selling glasses in Lidl yesterday, 7 euro for two and they had some other tat as well they were trying to charge premium prices for when they should be giving it away and be thankful if anyone would want it.

The Covid 19 is after landing them on their arse big time, I'm delighted, they have taken their customer base for granted for far too long.

Guinness pint glasses €1 in Tesco.

• Advertisement

Also Hop House.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Invincible wrote: »
    Also Hop House.

Store specific or countrywide do you know?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

4 * 660ml bottles of Peroni @ EUR10
    18 * 330ml bottles of Peroni @ EUR20

Plenty of stock of each (in Liffey Valley this morning)- I picked up 2 of the 18 packs.

Also- 70cl bottles of Hennessy @ EUR25 and the 1litre bottles of Powers Gold Label- is still EUR25

All in Tesco.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Store specific or countrywide do you know?

Not certain, in local store, had Guinness & Rockshore in storeroom, employee said Rockshore wasn't scanning, probably not set up on system, brought out box of Guinness glasses. Another store someone posted had Guinness & Hop House.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Not certain, in local store, had Guinness & Rockshore in storeroom, employee said Rockshore wasn't scanning, probably not set up on system, brought out box of Guinness glasses. Another store someone posted had Guinness & Hop House.
    They're free in my local :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kenkin wrote: »

I noticed that last year with a few crates.

Guinness pint glasses €1 in Tesco.

Is it the flat one like most bars or the ones with the indentations on it?.

I got the latter free with a multi pack purchase about a month ago in Dunnes.

Is it the flat one like most bars or the ones with the indentations on it?.

I got the latter free with a multi pack purchase about a month ago in Dunnes.

Same as this:
    Has embossed Harp on opposite side.
    https://www.carrollsirishgifts.com/guinness-20oz-gravity-pint-glass-with-gift-box/35654.html?currency=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItaah4YCo7QIVmu3tCh3nfwYJEAQYASABEgIAv_D_BwE

Yeah same ones.

Bit cheeky they're selling them and not giving them with purchases.

These glasses are exactly 500ml to the brim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah same ones.

Why is it cheeky for them to sell a glass?

Why should they give it away for free with a purchase?

Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice thing to get from them or any other brewery on the odd occasion that they do it but I wouldn’t feel like I should expect them to do so.

• Advertisement

They're free in my local :-)

(DPD) Deep pockets Dan 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got Dunnes vouchers in the post today several €10 off a €40 shop plus one €25 off a €100 shop. Got a bottle Hennessy and 1Lt of Baracdi €25 each but just €20 after the voucher. May as well stock up now as this is all outlawed for alcohol come early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

kn wrote: »
    Got Dunnes vouchers in the post today several €10 off a €40 shop plus one €25 off a €100 shop. Got a bottle Hennessy and 1Lt of Baracdi €25 each but just €20 after the voucher. May as well stock up now as this is all outlawed for alcohol come early January.

Are they doing Sunday post? Still waiting on ours here....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah same ones.

the ones linked are 20 uk fluid oz, aka a pint, 568ml. Did you get a 500ml glass in the supermarket? if so where? did you test it or why do you think its 500ml?

I believe they are all 568ml, my friend got one this week and its 568ml which is apparent as the can poured in it looks like shite.

rubadub wrote: »
    the ones linked are 20 uk fluid oz, aka a pint, 568ml. Did you get a 500ml glass in the supermarket? if so where? did you test it or why do you think its 500ml?

I believe they are all 568ml, my friend got one this week and its 568ml which is apparent as the can poured in it looks like shite.

The one's I got are 500ml, as is noticeable when pouring it,full of water into a pint glass this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

(DPD) Deep pockets Dan ��

Ah diageo have gotten millions from me over the years ( bar this one obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl 03/12 6 mix&match wine bottles for €30
    UmaCUku.png

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

kn wrote: »

?? what is outlawed come january?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

?? what is outlawed come january?

I think this might be a reference to the MUP law including provisions to restrict points/vouchers being used for alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Geuze wrote: »
    I think this might be a reference to the MUP law including provisions to restrict points/vouchers being used for alcohol.

thanks Geuze

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement