Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Holy Diver wrote: »
    6 bottles of Faustino 5 @ €7.50 each

What a time to be alive...

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Seve OB wrote: »
    Where?

Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Where?

€10 each in Tesco with 25% off when ya buy 6

rob316 wrote: »

I’m on my way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Gardner

Don't drink muck like Heineken, Carlsberg, Bud, Coors or the likes.

Be great if anyone comes across any deals for Pale Ales could they throw them up here. For anyone who hasn't tried just to name just two, 12 acres or yellowbelly you are missing out on a quality drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Gardner wrote: »
    Don't drink muck like Heineken, Carlsberg, Bud, Coors or the likes.

Be great if anyone comes across any deals for Pale Ales could they throw them up here. For anyone who hasn't tried just to name just two, 12 acres or yellowbelly you are missing out on a quality drink

Better off heading over to the Food & drink forum, there's a craft beer thread and a Good Drink bargain alerts which would suit you better. That said, you won't get much in the way of deals on craft beer outside of the the 4 for €10/12 offerings. Most people are buying online now as well from craft central and the likes but deals are rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Crafty Brewing Co (Rye River Brewing, makers of McGargles) beers in Lidl are all pretty good and under €2 (usual price, not an offer)
    They have a box of Belgian ales as an offer at the moment.

Probably too late now for their Crafty Brewing Christmas special offer boxes though, it was 12 500mL bottles for €19.99 including a cognac barrel aged stout, came out last Saturday but would have gone fast

Aldi do O'Sheas (Carlow Brewing Co, the makers of O'Haras) and Brown Bear but imho the latter range is not great at all.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The 25 percent off will still be allowable under new legislations? Even with mup it's above the threshold for this deal.

It's covered under banning of rewards \ loyalty \ multi buy not the base MUP threshold which doesn't have a date yet. Basically you aren't allowed any benefit on alcohol from other purchases and vice versa, is my understanding.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It's covered under banning of rewards \ loyalty \ multi buy not the base MUP threshold which doesn't have a date yet. Basically you aren't allowed any benefit on alcohol from other purchases and vice versa, is my understanding.

Okay thanks. Maybe they'll just knock 25 percent off across the board non multi buy!

Okay thanks. Maybe they'll just knock 25 percent off across the board non multi buy!

We can hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Aldi have brought out their annual craft beer box "the 12 bears of xmas", didnt see a price. Prefer this one as I think ya get a few brown ales in the lidl box which I'm not partial too

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Tanqueray No 10 Gin (70 cl) is down to 30 in Supervalu again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Aldi have brought out their annual craft beer box "the 12 bears of xmas", didnt see a price. Prefer this one as I think ya get a few brown ales in the lidl box which I'm not partial too

The Lidl one is decent value at €15.

There’s a limited edition stout in it as well.

Might have to pick up a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

so which stores have the 12x500ml Proper Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

The Lidl one is decent value at €15.

There’s a limited edition stout in it as well.

Might have to pick up a box.

Lidl one is €19.99 - got 2 on Saturday. Was there again last night and none left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

ablelocks wrote: »

Dunnes Stores seems to be the best and they also have the 10€ of 50€ vouchers to

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

ablelocks wrote: »

I've seen them in my local dunnes

Screenshot-20201203-150535.jpg

Holy Diver wrote: »
    6 bottles of Faustino 5 @ €7.50 each

What a time to be alive...
    rob316 wrote: »
    I’m on my way :D

got the last 6 in Blanch :)

I see the 25% is on till Dec 24th but does anyone know how long the Faustino 5 will be down to a tenner till?

Hennessy back up to €30 in Dunnes and Baileys is back up to €13 there :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Didn’t see that advertised, is it in stores now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Did anyone hear the new smithwicks ad? On the radio? He says something like if u say smith wicks midweek they will send u out a can? Did anyone make out what he is saying?

fin12 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the new smithwicks ad? On the radio? He says something like if u say smith wicks midweek they will send u out a can? Did anyone make out what he is saying?

There is a BA thread for it... needs alexa or google assistant and you request a sample.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058135144/3/#post115475142

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Mimon wrote: »
    Jaysus, thanks for pointing that out. Will be filling my boot ASAP :D

Where oh where is this?

Never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Lidl one is €19.99 - got 2 on Saturday. Was there again last night and none left :(

I tried every day from thursday-monday in my local and was told it sold out when it arrived on Sunday afternoon, was in an hour before they arrived which was real disappointing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Farrell D

Hi folks

Looking for a nice whiskey nothing to expensive its not a gift just something to have In the house over the Christmas.

Would Jameson stil be first choice? Anyone try other jamson flavours that they would recommend?
    Open to other options aswell .

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Farrell D wrote: »
    Hi folks

Looking for a nice whiskey nothing to expensive its not a gift just something to have In the house over the Christmas.

Would Jameson stil be first choice? Anyone try other jamson flavours that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance

Powers 3 swallow currently on sale for €30 in O'Briens Wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Farrell D wrote: »
    Hi folks

Thanks in advance

Tesco have a litre of Powers for 25 euro. You wont do better than that for the price. Alternatively Powers 3 swallows for 30euro, Jameson Black Barrel for 25 or Jameson Crested for 25 is a good buy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I’d go for the Crested if you’re not into spending lots, but the 3 Swallows is a step above for a fiver. Pure Pot still for €30 is a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The Jameson Caskmates Stout edition is nice and anyone I've seen try it is impressed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement