Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

when were these on sale? i thought it was thursday and went to my local lidl and they had none

I’m on my way

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I was in dunnes this evening and they have Redbreast 12 reduced to €57.47 and with the €10 off voucher brings a bottle down €47.47. Good deal for a tipple over Xmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

duffysfarm wrote: »
    when were these on sale? i thought it was thursday and went to my local lidl and they had none

Nothing in Lidi Clondalkin just now either.
    Was supposed to be on sale Thursday, then delayed to Saturday, but a few stores seem to have them today.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Crafty Brewing company beer boxes in Lidl Ballyvolane Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Finally secured a bottle of 3 swallows powers, absolutely fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Fully securing my Brexit portfolio over the coming days, 1.5 years supply is the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Not sure if it was already mentioned but better safe than sorry. 18 bottles of Corona for €15 in Tesco. Same price for 12 bottles so look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ODriscoll

cadaliac wrote: »
    Finally secured a bottle of 3 swallows powers, absolutely fantastic
    Not a bad drop. €32.46 in supervalu currently

Have you tried the West Cork single Malt, get it for under 30 in Dunnes. Very nice flavours.

Another very nice whiskey is the IIrishman Founders Reserve Whiskey, around same price as Powers 3 swallows around 40, but imo a better drop for the money. Expect their single malt would be even better, but not tried yet.

For cheap whiskey Powers gold label @ 20 in Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

9 beer boxes in Leedl Blanch SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

raheny red wrote: »
    9 beer boxes in Leedl Blanch SC.

Another 15 or so down the back at the fridges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭tphase

ODriscoll wrote: »
    Have you tried the West Cork single Malt, get it for under 30 in Dunnes. Very nice flavours.
    was recently on sale in Lidl too for under €30

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl 03/12
    6 mix&match wine bottles for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Slabs of bud down to 20€ in Dunnes. Handy if you’ve vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The vouchers taster nicer than Bud. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl 03/12
    6 mix&match wine bottles for €30

Is it not 6 for €40?

ODriscoll wrote: »
    Another very nice whiskey is the IIrishman Founders Reserve Whiskey, around same price as Powers 3 swallows around 40, but imo a better drop for the money.

Lovely stuff and usually €35 in Dunnes.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Is it not 6 for €40?

The current LIDL wine deal is 6 for €40 but finishes on Wednesday 2nd December.
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-drinks/festive-wine-deal/p53743

I don't see anything on the website on the new deal yet though.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The current LIDL wine deal is 6 for €40..https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-drinks/festive-wine-deal/p53743. I don't see anything on the website on the new deal yet though.
    It's in the leaflet from 03/12, same everyday wines as the NI deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Pallet load of the Crafty Brewing Boxes in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Same in Kenmare, picked one up and a one of the strong Belgian selections as well.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Pallet load of the Crafty Brewing Boxes in Castlebar
    Same in Athlone @ 2pm Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Just out of lidl in clonee. Plenty of both the 12x500 Guinness under €15 and the craft boxes everyone is wild about!

Picked some craft beer boxes up in Clondalkin, only a couple left on the shelf after me :eek::pac:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Lots of the craft beer boxes in lids Carrick On Suir. Slabs of carlsberg €20 too

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

There were none of the boxes in lidl Greystones around 1pm, probably space for 3 boxes on the shelf slot for them, pretty disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The current LIDL wine deal is 6 for €40 but finishes on Wednesday 2nd December.
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-drinks/festive-wine-deal/p53743

The Sauvignon Blanc is quite nice but very hard to get as seems to be sold out in a lot of Lidl stores I go into.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

20 330ml Hop House bottles €15 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stella 24x500mlx4.8% 20euro in tesco. Not showing online for me but plenty in the shop.

Kahlua and milk like in The Big Lebowski.
    Basq wrote: »
    Cream and vodka.. ;)
    big lebowski also used "half and half" creamer, not sure which was used most. Cream would be best, I would consider milk to be a "diet white russian".

I see wiki has a " an Anna Kournikova (named after the tennis player), made with skimmed milk (i.e. a "skinny" white Russian"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Russian_(cocktail)

Tia Maria is also 20 in tesco and some would think is a better quality liquer, of course subject to taste.
    https://secure.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257304458
    valid until 22/12/2020

the kahlua is down to 19
    SAVE 4.60 Was 23.60 Now 19.00
    valid from 25/11/2020 until 22/12/2020
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255949777

they both show as 20%, I think tia maria used to be slightly stronger than kahlua. (I think one or both can go down to 18euro too)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Slabs of Guinness are 20 quid in Dunnes, Briarhill, Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Slabs of Guinness are 20 quid in Dunnes, Briarhill, Galway.

guinness are being utterly ripped apart on facebook in every post they put up, people complaining about these cans.

20 should be the max you have to pay from now on, and if availing of dunnes vouchers it might be worth it. You might just have to follow the advice on using it best. I still think beamish or murphys could cash in on this and turn some of the freakishly & illogically loyal guinness drinkers to turn to another dark side. I always find it utterly bizarre how many people are out there who consider themselves "guinness drinkers" but who might have only tried 1 or 2 other stouts in their entire life, and some would have had their minds made up before even tasting those "sorry mate, no guinness on tap, -oh I'll have a lager so!". Masterful conmen of marketing... Only Coca cola come close, and maybe heinz ketchup in 3rd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement