Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Del007 wrote: »
    Is it near it's use by date or what? The Brown bear is usually close to 2 euro, lovely drink

Dates perfect over a year left on it. I had one there and it's a wee bit too bitter for my liking. The brown bear ipa is 5.2% and still at full price. This is a session ipa at 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dates perfect over a year left on it. I had one there and it's a wee bit too bitter for my liking. The brown bear ipa is 5.2% and still at full price. This is a session ipa at 4%

Didn’t see it that cheap in my local aldi. Store by store basis maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Didn’t see it that cheap in my local aldi. Store by store basis maybe?

Reckon nationwide, twas in killaloe and nenagh anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

zell12 wrote: »
    Our award-winning Deluxe Irish Cream Liqueur is only €15 for two bottles, usually €9.34 each until 04/11
    t4Beq7M.png

Is that made with whiskey or wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is there a better craft beer offering in Aldi or Lidl?

Lidl is definitely better. I recommend the purple pale ale bottle, the American ale bottle and the green label Belgian saison bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Reckon nationwide, twas is killaloe and nenagh anyways

Where? That’s not in the pale!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Thanks - got it in Donaghmede a few years ago but no sign of it there now - trying to make the most of the 10 off 50 vouchers :pac:

Be warned.
    Been to Dunnes today and the lady at the till asked if I knew that alcohol won’t come into play for the €10 off vouchers from November. She’s not sure of when in November, they haven’t been told an exact date but she was just letting people know at the till.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057292443&page=64

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

okidoki987 wrote: »

Must kill them seeing a lad with 3 or 4 crates and 2 vouchers in tow, I absolutely love doing it, will need to rinse and repeat for the next 30 days and 30 nights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco
    7YbXc2x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Must kill them seeing a lad with 3 or 4 crates and 2 vouchers in tow, I absolutely love doing it, will need to rinse and repeat for the next 30 days and 30 nights :D

I was doing it every day for a month at one point, the shed was full of bulmers :D

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭you2008

fin12 wrote: »
    Is that made with whiskey or wine?

Irish cream + Whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Was in Tesco yesterday and bought the 3 swallow for €30...Its very very tasty

1 bottle on the shelf in Tesco when I was doing the shopping today. Would've been a shame to leave it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Don't suppose there is a version of this in white?

casio4 wrote: »
    Don't suppose there is a version of this in white?
    No.
    It retails for £6 in UK, which is €+tax, so a good deal at €4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Get out with your grape juice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ei9go

Anyone know when the 20 euro slabs are arriving this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Bulmers are being really stingy with those 440ml cans. Feck them.

ei9go wrote: »
    Anyone know when the 20 euro slabs are arriving this year?

About 2 weeks ago in Aldi, nowhere else had them for 20. Long gone now I'd say.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

no three swallows or black barrel in 2 tescos i went to yesterday.

will have to go back during the week.

and to cap it all, I accidentally got the 470ml slab of Guinness too. Last night, i had 3 of the 500ml during the France Ireland match, then opened up the first can from the slab. Noticed the taste difference on first sup - Guinness from the 500ml cans is lovely, from the 470, it isn't - different texture (if that's the right word) and doesn't taste the same. Very odd.

Roe and Co is down to €35 - is this nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

dubstepper wrote: »
    Chivas Regal has been that price for over a month in Tesco but its never in stock in my local :(

Feck it anyway. I bought it for a gift and paid more than €30. More importantly though does anyone know if it's a decent whisky? Husband likes Auchentoshen which is what I usually get him but this year I figured I'd change it and asked for a similar one and the chivas regal was recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Feck it anyway. I bought it for a gift and paid more than €30. More importantly though does anyone know if it's a decent whisky? Husband likes Auchentoshen which is what I usually get him but this year I figured I'd change it and asked for a similar one and the chivas regal was recommended.

Its really nice, I like it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ablelocks wrote: »

Roe and Co is down to €35 - is this nice?

At that price definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cutelad

Remember when Bushmills was 10 in Lidl....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Brown bear session ipa only 97 cent in aldi, got a few earlier

Got a few meself. Grand stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Got a few meself. Grand stuff.

Grand stuff is right, for that price I'll be buying more. I am not usually a grapefruit fan in stronger IPA's, but you could introduce anybody to this and a good time will be had by all. No price tag in the local Aldi as it is a special edition..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Chemistry3 wrote: »
    Grand stuff is right, for that price I'll be buying more. I am not usually a grapefruit fan in stronger IPA's, but you could introduce anybody to this and a good time will be had by all. No price tag in the local Aldi as it is a special edition..

My local had it on reg shelf with reg looking price tag. Nice stuff for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

No 3 swallows in Mahon point this evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

TheDriver wrote:
    My local had it on reg shelf with reg looking price tag. Nice stuff for the price.

Mine had it marked as a special. It'll probably go up to the regular price shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Chivas is v. nice. Fab price, well worth it!

• Advertisement

Aldi have a 'festive drop alcohol offers' every Tuesday. I assume the best ones will be near christmas
    The first one
    weFwTvH.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement