Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Got a bottle of jameson whiskey, black barrel, in tesco yesterday.
    30 euro
    No notion of the quality of it, intend to educate myself ASAP...

SAVE 17.79 Was 47.79...
    valid until 21/6/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

30 euro

SAVE 17.79 Was 47.79...
    valid until 21/6/2020

Its a nice whiskey, I like it. Usually get few bottles whenever this offer comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Its a nice whiskey, I like it. Usually get few bottles whenever this offer comes up.

Black barrel is good tack alright, €30 is a good price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

My only problem with black barrel is that it disappears too quick in my house! 30 euro is a great price, comes up every couple months in Tesco it seems.

steves2 wrote: »
    My only problem with black barrel is that it disappears too quick in my house! 30 euro is a great price, comes up every couple months in Tesco it seems.

Theres definitely a fault with the bottles. It seems to evaporate in this house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Any deals on baileys?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

893bet wrote: »
    Any deals on baileys?

Tesco are best bet at the moment @ 17 for a 70cl bottle of regular Baileys, or 15 for a 70cl bottle of Baileys Strawberrys and Cream (no idea what it tastes like). Supervalu, O'Briens and Dunnes are all over 20 for a 70cl bottle (though Supervalu are price matching the E15 for the Strawberries and Cream).

No idea why Baileys is so pricey at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,925 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

No idea why Baileys is so pricey at the moment.

It's father's day not mother's day maybe :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco do their own version of Bailey's called Country Cream, it's 7.50 for a 70cl bottle. Not the worst tasting cream liqueur if your stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Looking to beat €30/slab on bud. Anybody see anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Staropramen 500ml 1.99 in Lidl, pretty sure it's export.

Found Kronenbourg yesterday in Galvins Carryout Clondalkin, 1.80 a can or 1.75 a bottle, not a deal but hadn't seen it down here for years

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Staropramen 500ml 1.99 in Lidl, pretty sure it's export.

/quote]

Bloody lovely stuff too, picked up a few bottles the other night

Peroni

Peroni- boxes of 18 * 33cl bottles @ 25 a box in Dunnes- if you use a 10-off-50 voucher- its 36 bottles for EUR40- about 1.12 a bottle.
    The 24 for 25 in Tesco was a little cheaper at about 1.04 a bottle- but it was difficult to actually find stock (anywhere) whereas the Dunnes offer is not a special offer- its the regular price and widely available.

Coincidentally- Tesco have 4 * 660Ml @ EUR10, Dunnes have 3 * 660Ml @ EUR9 (normal price in both is 3.65 per 660ml bottle).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Peroni

Peroni- boxes of 18 * 33cl bottles @ 25 a box in Dunnes- if you use a 10-off-50 voucher- its 36 bottles for EUR40- about 1.12 a bottle.
    The 24 for 25 in Tesco was a little cheaper at about 1.04 a bottle- but it was difficult to actually find stock (anywhere) whereas the Dunnes offer is not a special offer- its the regular price and widely available.

Coincidentally- Tesco have 4 * 660Ml @ EUR10, Dunnes have 3 * 660Ml @ EUR9 (normal price in both is 3.65 per 660ml bottle).

There was the best part of a pallet full in tesco naas yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭testtech05

They do seem to be strangely distributed though I checked in Galway main store yesterday and no sign of them....

Nada in Lucan, Celbridge or Maynooth........
    Celbridge and Maynooth had some of the 660ml bottles though. (Had, I took them all...... :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Good value, but life is too short to drink very mediocre whiskey.........
    Nada in Lucan, Celbridge or Maynooth........
    Celbridge and Maynooth had some of the 660ml bottles though. (Had, I took them all...... :D )

Was this one essential journey or two or three? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

None in wilton

sceach16 wrote: »
    Was this one essential journey or two or three? :D

It wasn't the only thing I had difficulty finding.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Customer service might be a shout in the morning, save ya all the driving. Presume head office knows where they've been distributed and units remaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

30 euro

SAVE 17.79 Was 47.79...
    valid until 21/6/2020

It's okay but really not worth more than the €30. I much prefer the stout Caskmates especially when it's €25.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It's okay but really not worth more than the €30. I much prefer the stout Caskmates especially when it's €25.

That’s just factually incorrect.

As far as quality of whiskey goes black barrel is a better whiskey without question.

Is caskmates stout nice? Yes. But it’s no black barrel. Not even remotely close.

Factually incorrect? I prefer one to the other. You don't. They're both just opinions.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

anyone know when the peroni offer in tesco is due to end?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Seve OB wrote: »
    anyone know when the peroni offer in tesco is due to end?

It will end when the fat lady has drank it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Nope this is your quote. You said it’s not worth more than €30 which is just wrong. It’s a quality whiskey. It’s not a huge jump from the stout cask one your tastebuds prefer but ask any whiskey drinker other than you and I’d say 99% of them would agree that black barrel is a superior whiskey.

Again I’ve nothing against the stout version (the IPA version is muck). I’d even go as far as saying I really like it but to say black barrel isn’t worth €30 shows you aren’t a whiskey drinker.

Wow, arrogant much?

No, you still don't get it. The fact that someone's opinion differs from yours does not make it wrong.

I'd say you've swallowed a whole load of marketing. I bought a bottle of Black Barrel and wasn't that impressed by it. The standard price for it is highly excessive for what it is.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,925 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

O'Briens have discounts on some bourbons and rums including:
    * Havana Club Anejo Especial €23
    * Havana Club 7yo €34
    * Buffalo Trace bourbon €32
    * Eagle Rare 10yo bourbon €40

https://www.obrienswine.ie/collections/bourbon-rum-sale

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

cop.on. bargains = ok. Talking crap = warning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

odyssey06 wrote: »
    O'Briens have discounts on some bourbons and rums including:
    * Havana Club Anejo Especial €23
    * Havana Club 7yo €34
    * Buffalo Trace bourbon €32
    * Eagle Rare 10yo bourbon €40

https://www.obrienswine.ie/collections/bourbon-rum-sale

Cheers, some very good prices in there. I had been waiting for some improvement on rum prices, there have been very few deals on rum since this all kicked off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement