Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

As I said last year, I got 2 bottles through that "friend" and no problem with either, in case anyone was wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Invincible wrote: »
    Green spot £30.99 Amazon.
    If you have a friend in the north ;-)

I have a few but I wouldn't trust them with a bottle of Green Spot :)

Dunnes have 20% off six bottles of wine and a case of Carlsberg 300ml bottles for €15.

The mix and match 24 cans + bottle of spirits for €50 is still running.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Invincible wrote: »
    Green spot £30.99 Amazon.
    If you have a friend in the north ;-)

I wonder is this truly the discount they have on the site. I paid £32 for the same bottle in early December last year from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Tesco have special prices on gin at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

From SuperValu 48 hours offers thread, thanks freshpopcorn

2 for €25 bottles of Coors bulmers and Heineken

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111761489&postcount=96

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Beware the demon drink
    I see the number of the beast

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Beware the demon drink

But but my post is 6667:(

Billcullen1 is the beast

The devil never drinks alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

vicwatson wrote: »
    But but my post is 6667:(

Billcullen1 is the beast
    ~~The old Testament~~"And indeed gin is the devil's drink for at that time God ordered the Angels to kneel for Adams... So they obey... the orders
    while Lables (The Satan) was from gin which was created from the FIRE
    A Coincidence??? I think not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Beware the demon drink

I saw this and was hoping for a Jaeger special offer

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Package held by customs from PM...anyone have experience of this? Any way of getting it back or at least asking them to send back to sender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Package held by customs from PM...anyone have experience of this? Any way of getting it back or at least asking them to send back to sender

My guess is you take your chances after if you are unlucky to be caught they destroy the contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They'll contact you by post and give you the option of paying the duty due on it, you pay that and they post it to you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

They'll contact you by post and give you the option of paying the duty due on it, you pay that and they post it to you.

Any idea how much? Roughly? Or does it depend on the price etc.. it was the green spot for £30.

Cheers for reply

Any idea how much? Roughly? Or does it depend on the price etc.. it was the green spot for £30.

Cheers for reply

They've got a set formula they use involving strength and volume, I say you'd find it online.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

They've got a set formula they use involving strength and volume, I say you'd find it online.

No doubt there will be an admin fee too! Think duty is around 42 euro per litre which would work out around 30eur per 700ml

Dunno how its that high though when RRP of spirits can be well below that. But thats whats on revenues website.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

With regards to amazon is that with any type of alcohol you buy with them that u can get caught with customs. I was looking at some ale on there for Xmas thru parcel motel. Would come to around 25 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hogzy wrote: »
    No doubt there will be an admin fee too! Think duty is around 42 euro per litre which would work out around 30eur per 700ml

Dunno how its that high though when RRP of spirits can be well below that. But thats whats on revenues website.

It is €42.57 per litre of alcohol so for a 40% 700 ml bottle duty is €11.92. Don’t know about admin fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ryath wrote: »
    It is €42.57 per litre of alcohol so for a 40% 700 ml bottle duty is €11.92. Don’t know about admin fee.

Ah I see! Cheers for clarifying that. I was wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Ryath wrote:

Admin fee is not charged by Revenue. When applied, it is by carrier for clearing goods through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

74468349_10156372958836300_8372597001870639104_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmdEwEH5eT_Q6Cj1DHjaos6mbLBKTtrCOPPGVH7WmpafKKbrnKYm7ccgPLOZ49vHaM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=987ed90b248c4aa128bb75b11d70d0a2&oe=5E8CC389

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

CH3OH wrote: »
    Tesco have 2 x 700mL of selected spirits for €30
    494897.png

Any idea if this is still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ffm wrote: »

Didn't see it noted on the shelves in Merrion last night. Just the 2 x 1L for €40 on the same spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ffm wrote: »

It's finished according to the website but there's a better offer of 2x1 litres for €40 for Smirnoff, Gordon's and Captain Morgan until 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

@ Tesco
    dyyNzqc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Class price for Jack Daniels.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

Thanks lads.

Tesco are doing the Jameson Caskmates Stout and IPA 70cl bottles for 25 euro.

• Advertisement

Tesco are doing the Jameson Caskmates Stout and IPA 70cl bottles for 25 euro.

Make a nice Christmas box.

That Jack Daniels down to €20 from €34 is great value too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement