Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Jameson Black Barrel and Bushmills 10yr old are €30. Has to be a misprice - both are around 48-50 normally.

Edit : Tesco

Note to self : just because you’re in the shop at the time, doesn’t mean everyone else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

ablelocks wrote: »
    Jameson Black Barrel and Bushmills 10yr old are €30. Has to be a misprice - both are around 48-50 normally.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where?
    Just checked, in Tesco. Going to be like whacky races trying to get one before they're gone.

steves2 wrote: »
    Just checked, in Tesco. Going to be like whacky races trying to get one before they're gone.
    I meant to say the Tesco website but it didn't show as being reduced price, so maybe it's a misprint

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Which Tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Got two Bushmills, loads and loads left on the shelves in Edenderry. Also go the last Black Barrel. Thanks OP

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Not a misprice. They were €30 in Tesco for several weeks in the run up to Christmas last year as well, as were several others including Talisker and Roe & Co. I posted about it in this thread at the time.

Quackster wrote: »
    Not a misprice. They were €30 in Tesco for several weeks in the run up to Christmas last year as well, as were several others including Talisker and Roe & Co. I posted about it in this thread at the time.

Just checked and all the same Diageo whiskies as last year are reduced to €30 again including Talisker, Cardhu and Roe & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Quackster wrote: »

Quackster, Would you recommend any of those in particular?

For a whiskey that's normally 50 a bottle that's unreal value, won't get much better than that folks!

• Advertisement

Talisker 10YO is one of my favourites. Bought several at this price last year and will definitely be picking up a few more! Its salty, smoky flavour wouldn't be to everyone's taste though.

Cardhu is the most popular scotch single malt in Spain and with good reason. The 12YO is light and approachable but certainly not bland. Would recommend at this price, especially as a summer tipple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

I meant to say the Tesco website but it didn't show as being reduced price, so maybe it's a misprint

Website reflects reduced price now.

is ordering booze through parcel motel, parcel wizard, addresspal from Amazon UK still working?

which service is best in terms of getting through?

only talking about 1 bottle of spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

glasso wrote: »
    is ordering booze through parcel motel, parcel wizard, addresspal from Amazon UK still working?

We don't talk about that around here. ;)

Passenger wrote: »
    We don't talk about that around here. ;)

there are fortunately some decent souls willing to help out a person with a PM ;)

B]you won't believe this one trick that CHANGES EVERYTHING[/B

but I can't tell you - pity!

Note to self : just because you’re in the shop at the time, doesn’t mean everyone else is.

maybe controversial to some but I would say that Black Barrel is over-rated and worth only €30. Jameson caskmates IPA is better than it.

also Bushmills 10 y o pretty characterless.

I would prefer Black Bush over both.

Talisker well well worth 30 yoyos

have never tried Roe & Co personally

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

glasso wrote: »
    Talisker well well worth 30 yoyos
    have never tried Roe & Co personally

Roe & Co is 46%, very good base in 'proper' cocktails like a Manhattan or Old Fashioned (rather than long drink whiskey+mixer).

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Redbreast 12 year old whiskey €55 in O’Brien’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

ha, just be careful if youre getting this. On one aisle in Tesco they had it at €30.00. turned the corner and the next aisle had it at €40.00!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

snowgal wrote: »
    ha, just be careful if youre getting this. On one aisle in Tesco they had it at €30.00. turned the corner and the next aisle had it at €40.00!!
    this was common in tesco last christmas when prices were going up & down all the time. They should honour the lowest advertised price. Dunno if they still have policies where you would get double the difference.

I use the hand scanner now, cases of beer were recently 20 and listed as 24 and I was able to scan another tray for a woman complaining to a staff member.

Nothing to be careful about. The price at the till is €30, regardless of what any SEL says.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anyone know if the baileys is still 10euro in dunnes? i couldnt be bothered getting up and going down if its not. tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

anyone know if the baileys is still 10euro in dunnes? i couldnt be bothered getting up and going down if its not. tks

:D username checks out! It was still €10 yesterday anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

:D username checks out! It was still €10 yesterday anyway...

hahaha, no flies on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tesco

Coors Light 24 Pack Cans 24X500ml
    Special OfferSAVE 14.99 Was 39.99 Now 25.00
    valid from 27/11/2019 until 24/12/2019
    (I imagine the offer will be pulled before that date)

Bulmers 24X500ml Multi Pack Can €20.00
    (not listed as an offer)

Peroni Nastro Azzurro 18X330ml
    Special OfferSAVE 9.99 Was 29.99 Now 20.00
    valid from 27/11/2019 until 24/12/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Supervalu still has litres of Powers for €25. Just got some today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

SuperValu Guinness Bud and Heineken 24 for €20 ends today and if you have real rewards vouchers one expires today while another is valid from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Ad in today's Indo indicates that it is valid until Friday (29th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

prodsc wrote: »
    Ad in today's Indo indicates that it is valid until Friday (29th)

Are there any other good booze offers in Dunnes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement