Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Any idea how much? Roughly? Or does it depend on the price etc.. it was the green spot for £30.

Cheers for reply

If it's a first offence, once you contact them and offer to pay the duty, they don't charge (or at least they didn't when it happened to me) and just post it out to you reminding you that duty needs to be paid, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

MacDanger wrote: »
    If it's a first offence, once you contact them and offer to pay the duty, they don't charge (or at least they didn't when it happened to me) and just post it out to you reminding you that duty needs to be paid, etc.

That's quite nice of them.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

MacDanger wrote: »

Should be pointed out that this *may* happen. They're perfectly entitled to - and technically probably should - simply destroy the contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

elperello wrote: »
    That Jack Daniels down to €20 from €34 is great value too.
    it is 25 now in tesco, still 20 in supervalu. Supervalu also have a honey JD for 20 which is 35%

Should be pointed out that this *may* happen. They're perfectly entitled to - and technically probably should - simply destroy the contents.

Not so, you are entitled to the option of paying the duty or else having them destroy or dispose of it anyway they see fit. You can pay for a portion of a consignment and have the rest seized if you ask nicely.

This letting you off for your first offence scenario is nonsense.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Not so, you are entitled to the option of paying the duty or else having them destroy or dispose of it anyway they see fit. You can pay for a portion of a consignment and have the rest seized if you ask nicely.

Theyve asked for a proof of purchase and receipt/invoice to see whether duty was paid.

Amazob on the other hand have refunded me the cost of green spot after various online chats as I told them i simply did not receive said item.
    So could be getting a very cheap bottle :)

Theyve asked for a proof of purchase and receipt/invoice to see whether duty was paid.

Amazob on the other hand have refunded me the cost of green spot after various online chats as I told them i simply did not receive said item.
    So could be getting a very cheap bottle :)

Enjoy, I'm sure you've earned it for customer loyalty over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

zell12 wrote: »
    @ Tesco
    dyyNzqc.jpg

0.83c for a can of Guinness...?

Pretty damn good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Did you contact them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Package held by customs from PM...anyone have experience of this? Any way of getting it back or at least asking them to send back to sender

When you're sipping your Tesco white label whiskey on the 25th let the thoughts of revenue staff toasting your kindness help you through the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

When you're sipping your Tesco white label whiskey on the 25th let the thoughts of revenue staff toasting your kindness help you through the day

Package sent by customs back to PM free of charge.. amazon refunded me the money for greenspot.. nothing tastes better than free whiskey ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Lidl are advertising Ben Bracken single malt scotch at €24.99.

Has anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Whiskey Tesco 20euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

askU wrote: »
    Whiskey Tesco 20euro

Ok for a hot whiskey but little else.

There’ll be plenty of good whiskey on sale between now and Christmas in the likes of O’Briens.

There’ll be plenty of good whiskey on sale between now and Christmas in the likes of O’Briens.

Don't be so pretentious, Power's is a very good whiskey and increasing in popularity all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You have no 'entitlement' to pay the duty and receive the package, even if this is what happens in practice. Imports of alcohol can only be done by those registered with Revenue, and who pay the VAT and excise duty in advance; the documents to this effect should accompany the package. Anything done otherwise is liable to destruction, and this has happened to Boards posters previously.

Package sent by customs back to PM free of charge.. amazon refunded me the money for greenspot.. nothing tastes better than free whiskey ;)
    Enjoy your free whiskey while it lasts - every problematic shipment brings closer the day that Amazon / Parcel Motel / whoever put an end to this backdoor. I've seen it happen to an array of EU retailers who used to ship alcohol to Ireland - all except one that I'm aware of (and that one has jacked shipping up too high to make it worth it) have now stopped as eejits shouting about it online brought too much attention to it and Revenue stepped in. If you lose out on a bottle put up with it - I had one bottle broken by a forwarding service last year but didn't moan about it - it's an inherent risk in doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

nothing tastes worse than stolen whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Exactly why I bought a bottle yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Don't be so pretentious, Power's is a very good whiskey and increasing in popularity all the time.

And Tullomore DEW is brilliant in a cloudy apple juice. Trust me, and thank me later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

And Tullomore DEW is brilliant in a cloudy apple juice. Trust me, and thank me later ;)

FFS, 20 is a great price for powers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Paddy is bargain basement.

I'd rate Powers above Jemmy. I'm fairly sure it has a higher pot still content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

stimpson wrote: »
    Paddy is bargain basement.

I'd rate Powers above Jemmy. I'm fairly sure it has a higher pot still content.

This.
    Powers is the smoothest Irish Whiskey (for normal bar prices) you can get.
    It is also growing in popularity because mainly of its superiority to the others for sale at the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

cadaliac wrote: »
    This.
    Powers is the smoothest Irish Whiskey (for normal bar prices) you can get.
    It is also growing in popularity because mainly of its superiority to the others for sale at the same price.

1. Blackbush
    2. Jameson
    3. Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Buffman

JD for 20 offer finishes today in Supervalu.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If anyone has any means of getting alcohol delivered from Amazon- 15 year old Glenfiddich is reduced to £30 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

If anyone has any means of getting alcohol delivered from Amazon- 15 year old Glenfiddich is reduced to £30 a bottle.

I can't find this, do you have a link?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I can't find this, do you have a link?

There you go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MMI7GA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

You have no 'entitlement' to pay the duty and receive the package, even if this is what happens in practice. Imports of alcohol can only be done by those registered with Revenue, and who pay the VAT and excise duty in advance; the documents to this effect should accompany the package. Anything done otherwise is liable to destruction, and this has happened to Boards posters previously.

Enjoy your free whiskey while it lasts - every problematic shipment brings closer the day that Amazon / Parcel Motel / whoever put an end to this backdoor. I've seen it happen to an array of EU retailers who used to ship alcohol to Ireland - all except one that I'm aware of (and that one has jacked shipping up too high to make it worth it) have now stopped as eejits shouting about it online brought too much attention to it and Revenue stepped in. If you lose out on a bottle put up with it - I had one bottle broken by a forwarding service last year but didn't moan about it - it's an inherent risk in doing this.
    I'll just agree to disagree on this instead of dragging the thread off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cutelad

Come on lads stay on topic.....

Smirnoff 70 cl 15 euros Centra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement