Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 2 - Band 2 (601-3100)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

mycro89 wrote: »
    What band are you in from stage 1?

sorry dude for some reason i thought it was kimiko asking me what rank im in. my bad. whats your rank mycro89?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

D Trent wrote: »
    Ya I kno the one it's funny cos RTE are showing them again Mondays and Thursdays at 5.15 repeats. Wat were u at in Dub? :)

oh really? haha i think they are making a new deries of it this year? i have family in other units but no one was ever interested in traffic so im the black sheep. :P i was up visiting the woman and a mate of mine whos a member.... was a heavy weekend i'll be recovering for the week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

JonathanP wrote: »
    Your welcome :P..... Yea it's the worst part the uncertainty of it all, I think people should get in the merit of patience alone cause after this we will all have nerves of steel! I've been reading them and it is terrible to think that they got this far and to be told they failed because of an unverified result :/ Thats true but if they were not totally dedicated to follow through then they never should have applied and cut the chances of you and I and so on.. I wont open that rant because it's been done to death haha.

Hopefully:P we'll have to survive templemore first though.. but for now we just need to concentrate on actually getting there :D All I know is after my three years probation I'm applying to every traffic position going :P

Sounds good :) im interested in traffic corps myself...well ill do pretty much anything if I get in ha!! Again, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 villa88

anyone else think the ball will get rolling now? with the new intake starting tomorrw

villa88 wrote: »
    anyone else think the ball will get rolling now? with the new intake starting tomorrw

Hopefully we hear something soon, but I'm done getting my hopes up I just roll with it now and it's taken a step back in my life. I'm focused on the here and now. No point checking emails everyday waiting on them. We will be called in due course. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Has anyone been in contact with PAS to see what rough stage they are currently at in regards to numbers? I placed 2492. Just out of curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

next batch have being called to stage 3 up to 1982

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

empacher wrote: »
    next batch have being called to stage 3 up to 1982

Very good, when did this happen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Very good, when did this happen ?

30mins ago

empacher wrote: »
    30mins ago

The ball is rolling again at least....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

From previous batches what will they get out of next lot. 2/3 intakes? And that leaves another 1100ish left to be called to stage three if im right

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

thekopend wrote: »
    From previous batches what will they get out of next lot. 2/3 intakes? And that leaves another 1100ish left to be called to stage three if im right

there are still a good few from 1-1200 waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

For background checks is it. How many do you rekon?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

Hey :) who got the email today from PAS? :)

Kaffy wrote: »
    Hey :) who got the email today from PAS? :)

I did ! Very shocked tbh...didn't expect to be called now! They're progressing thank god :) study now for few weeks and hopefully I'll pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Congratulations to you guys. Great news about being called.
    Log on to the shl site as much as you can again and practice.
    It will be worth it.
    Well done on waiting. It's paying off. You could be in Templemore soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭n32

Best of luck lads. Shl site is your new best friend. Keep doing the practice tests and you ll be grand. Well worth it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fairweather 1980

What are the dates everyone got? Earliest I heard was the 22nd of Feb. Best of luck to all, great to see movement again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

What are the dates everyone got? Earliest I heard was the 22nd of Feb. Best of luck to all, great to see movement again.

Except that's a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fairweather 1980

D Trent wrote: »
    Except that's a Sunday

Sorry 23rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Xiaoling

Got first week in March... How long after stage 3 is the Medical Examination, Physical Competence Test? I'm 6'4 and touching 17 st. so I guess I better start shedding all that weight now for the BMI, just in case I make it through this one.

and btw SHL the sh!t out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Xiaoling wrote: »
    Got first week in March... How long after stage 3 is the Medical Examination, Physical Competence Test? I'm 6'4 and touching 17 st. so I guess I better start shedding all that weight now for the BMI, just in case I make it through this one.

and btw SHL the sh!t out of it.

At that height/weight you have a bmi of approx 29, which is ok.
    It might be two to three months before medical & physical, depending in how many brought forward.
    Look at the pct fitness video on YouTube and start practicing.
    The amount of people so far that needed repeats was shocking.
    Best of luck to all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Volcanic24

Hi All,

Just in relation to the SHL website. Its only the same test that is coming up for the inductive reasoning. I am looking for more than 1 test (18 Questions) to practice. Am I dong something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are my calculations correct when I say there is still approx 2,000 candidates that are yet to be called to stage 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Are my calculations correct when I say there is still approx 2,000 candidates that are yet to be called to stage 3?

I believe there is just over 1100 left to be called, the last call up was to 1982 on the order of merit, 3100 were in the stage

billie1b wrote: »
    I believe there is just over 1100 left to be called, the last call up was to 1982 on the order of merit, 3100 were in the stage

Are ye sure it is up as far as 1982 that were called this time ?

Are ye sure it is up as far as 1982 that were called this time ?

Positive

50B8D718-70A3-45CA-AF9B-CDC0F5D6F6B4_zpsbokg13kb.png

Is there many waiting on the call to start training ?

Nobody here has a clue, you need to ring PAS or GHRM to find that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 blarney15

The problem with common sense.... its not that common

Advertisement