Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 2 - Band 2 (601-3100)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

It was grand on Friday tbh. The session is over before you know it. About 3.5 hours in total.
    Relax, stay calm and focus on each task as it comes is the best advice I could give. We have already been through most of it previously - doing it again is just for verification.
    The report writing is the most frantic but just note everything you hear and you should be fine.
    The PAS facilitators were dead on and there's plenty of opportunity to clarify anything before the tasks if you need to.
    Glad to have it over with nice and early but now the long wait starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Was there any interesting questions/answers at the Garda inspector's presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

No, not really. Just an overview on life in Templemore, duties you would have to carry out, pay, etc. The presentation they give is actually available on the Garda website. Well, just the bullet points, they go in to more details when they're talking about it obviously. They did mention that there's a surprising amount failing the physical and that if you get past this stage to make sure your fitness will pass if successful in interview and we get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Hey, just wondering is anyone else up today at 12:45? Nerves starting to kick in now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Word is that results should be out in early august for anyone sitting the tests this week.

Mod Snip

I know there are rules etc regarding information and not releasing it, but I'm not sure exactly what they are. To err on the side of caution I have removed the info in this post

Posters should be aware that this is a public forum and although you think you are completely anonymous, it can be very easy to find out who's who from their posting history, this forum, in my opinion, would regularly be checked by bodies like PAS, AGS, etc so please bare this in mind in the future

-KERSPLAT!

Ps. Thanks for the reported posts, makes our job much easier. All the best to anyone going for supervised exams :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Xios wrote: »
    Word is that results should be out in early august for anyone sitting the tests this week .

I'm not sure how fair it is to tell people this, given that people without this information available to them have failed already. Also if not outright breaking the rules it's certainly straddling them.

I'm not sure how fair it is to tell people this, given that people without this information available to them have failed already. Also if not outright breaking the rules it's certainly straddling them.

If one was to go to an exam preparation company they would be told the exact same thing, so where to draw the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I'll let the mods decide, I'm sure there's plenty of other online sources that will go into better detail, I just neglected to do my homework and was caught off-guard.

Xios wrote: »
    I'll let the mods decide, I'm sure there's plenty of other online sources that will go into better detail, I just neglected to do my homework and was caught off-guard.
    Sorry to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

I know there are rules etc regarding information and not releasing it, but I'm not sure exactly what they are. To err on the side of caution I have removed the info in this post

Posters should be aware that this is a public forum and although you think you are completely anonymous, it can be very easy to find out who's who from their posting history, this forum, in my opinion, would regularly be checked by bodies like PAS, AGS, etc so please bare this in mind in the future

Please don't reply to this post or any involving the snipped post. Thanks

-KERSPLAT!

Ps. Thanks for the reported posts, makes our job much easier. All the best to anyone going for supervised exams

• Advertisement

The post is still visible, albeit through a quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Apologies, was on the phone doing that last night

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Hi all,
    Anyone have any hopes that the next 600 (1200-1800) will be called? I know 601-1200* approx just got results of stage 3. Should I hold hope or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Considering this years intake was supposed to be 300 and they changed it to 105 for September and another 105 for Oct/Nov, I reckon 1200-1800 will be called forward for stage 3 and 4 before xmas but no physicals or PCT's until the new year and to start another 105 around Feb/Mar, just my opinion of course

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Yes I think your fairy right saying that 3rd intake by March. Getting the first intake was always going to be the longest as its the first run and having a first class in July was never going to happen it being in the middle of the summer with people taking holidays etc and also the college has to be restaffed. Once the first bunch goes in and the college and PAS turn into a well oiled machine I reckon they will start going through the rest of Band 1 and get to Band 2 sooner than you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Copaholic wrote: »
    Yes I think your fairy right saying that 3rd intake by March. Getting the first intake was always going to be the longest as its the first run and having a first class in July was never going to happen it being in the middle of the summer with people taking holidays etc and also the college has to be restaffed. Once the first bunch goes in and the college and PAS turn into a well oiled machine I reckon they will start going through the rest of Band 1 and get to Band 2 sooner than you might think.

Is it band 2 stage 1 you refer to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

My understanding is that there is band 1 (1-5000), Band 2 (5000-9000) and Band 3 (9000-1200).

Some posts mention an additional band 2 and are referring to band 2 as 601-1200----the second group of 600 to be called and in my opinion this should be called Band 1, group 601-1200.

When I refer to Band 2 im referring to 5001 -9000 applicants who will be called up to do stage 2 hopefully sometime next year.
    Stage 2 in band 1 resulted in the loss of 1900 applicants and they are currently going through the balance of the group (3100) in groups of 600

SORRY , IN THE WRONG THREAD

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Copaholic wrote: »
    My understanding is that there is band 1 (1-5000), Band 2 (5000-9000) and Band 3 (9000-1200).

Some posts mention an additional band 2 and are referring to band 2 as 601-1200----the second group of 600 to be called and in my opinion this should be called Band 1, group 601-1200.

When I refer to Band 2 im referring to 5001 -9000 applicants who will be called up to do stage 2 hopefully sometime next year.
    Stage 2 in band 1 resulted in the loss of 1900 applicants and they are currently going through the balance of the group (3100) in groups of 600

SORRY , IN THE WRONG THREAD

i hope to god we will be called up next year

JonathanP wrote: »

Where abouts are you placed ? I hope we are called in next few months. The 601-1190s were called to do stage three around when the first 600 reached stage 5. Maybe they will keep the process going like that. I hope it wont go to a standstill now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

What band are you in from stage 1?

• Advertisement

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you placed ? I hope we are called in next few months. The 601-1190s were called to do stage three around when the first 600 reached stage 5. Maybe they will keep the process going like that. I hope it wont go to a standstill now :)

My Rank is 8614... a bit down the list but if they take band 2 as a whole it wont be a monotonous wait.... what about you kimiko? Whats your rank?

My Rank is 8614... a bit down the list but if they take band 2 as a whole it wont be a monotonous wait.... what about you kimiko? Whats your rank?

Im just between 1800-1810... id say ill just fall short of next 600 to be called to stage 3.
    As I speculate tho if they keep going like the way they've started they will fly through band 1 for next few months and next year.

Im just between 1800-1810... id say ill just fall short of next 600 to be called to stage 3.
    As I speculate tho if they keep going like the way they've started they will fly through band 1 for next few months and next year.

ah lucky you! I hope all goes well for you! but on the other hand I hope that everyone the whole way up to me spontaneously drops out hahaha I highly doubt it though :P

ah lucky you! I hope all goes well for you! but on the other hand I hope that everyone the whole way up to me spontaneously drops out hahaha I highly doubt it though :P

Haha thanks ...I think :P
    I agree tho I was so gutted that basically we are all kinda left in lombo. I just keep hoping.
    Im so glad to be still in the running but I am nervous that I wont get through next stage when/if I am called. Ive seen a lot on another thread that people were getting inconclusive results.
    I do think aswell that a lot of people would have applied to see if they made first batch but have careers that they will turn down AGS.
    Like many others its all ive ever wanted. Best of luck to you too I hope all works out. You never know in a few years we could be stationed together laughing about our nerves and hopes ;)

Haha thanks ...I think :P
    I agree tho I was so gutted that basically we are all kinda left in lombo. I just keep hoping.
    Im so glad to be still in the running but I am nervous that I wont get through next stage when/if I am called. Ive seen a lot on another thread that people were getting inconclusive results.
    I do think aswell that a lot of people would have applied to see if they made first batch but have careers that they will turn down AGS.
    Like many others its all ive ever wanted. Best of luck to you too I hope all works out. You never know in a few years we could be stationed together laughing about our nerves and hopes ;)

Your welcome :P..... Yea it's the worst part the uncertainty of it all, I think people should get in the merit of patience alone cause after this we will all have nerves of steel! I've been reading them and it is terrible to think that they got this far and to be told they failed because of an unverified result :/ Thats true but if they were not totally dedicated to follow through then they never should have applied and cut the chances of you and I and so on.. I wont open that rant because it's been done to death haha.

Hopefully:P we'll have to survive templemore first though.. but for now we just need to concentrate on actually getting there :D All I know is after my three years probation I'm applying to every traffic position going :P

Your welcome :P..... Yea it's the worst part the uncertainty of it all, I think people should get in the merit of patience alone cause after this we will all have nerves of steel! I've been reading them and it is terrible to think that they got this far and to be told they failed because of an unverified result :/ Thats true but if they were not totally dedicated to follow through then they never should have applied and cut the chances of you and I and so on.. I wont open that rant because it's been done to death haha.

Hopefully:P we'll have to survive templemore first though.. but for now we just need to concentrate on actually getting there :D All I know is after my three years probation I'm applying to every traffic position going :P

You interested in the Traffic side of things aswell? Same as.

It's happened before that fellas coming straight out of Templemore have been assigned to Traffic Corps units . It's not common though

D Trent wrote: »
    You interested in the Traffic side of things aswell? Same as.

It's happened before that fellas coming straight out of Templemore have been assigned to Traffic Corps units . It's not common though

Yea lad. That's the unit I've always had my heart on. :)
    oh really? I didnt know that at all I thought it was just regular beat patrols and such. But, having said that I was watching traffic blues today and they had a student guard with them.

Yea lad. That's the unit I've always had my heart on. :)
    oh really? I didnt know that at all I thought it was just regular beat patrols and such. But, having said that I was watching traffic blues today and they had a student guard with them.

I saw that on rte player ;) which incident was that that u saw student guard?

D Trent wrote: »
    I saw that on rte player ;) which incident was that that u saw student guard?

I was on the back from Dublin and I saw traffic pulling someone and I rushed home to watch all the episodes on youtube haha when reading back over that I realise how sad I seem. :( :P

It's the episode where they pulled an arctic struggling up the hill and when they requested the driver to accompany them to the nearest weighbridge the driver decided that he was going to take his meal break and they had to wait the half hour to take him. Did you see that one? It was woman trainee you could the the blue epilettes when they were asking the driver for his licence. Sorry for the spelling of epillette btw

• Advertisement

I was on the back from Dublin and I saw traffic pulling someone and I rushed home to watch all the episodes on youtube haha when reading back over that I realise how sad I seem. :( :P

It's the episode where they pulled an arctic struggling up the hill and when they requested the driver to accompany them to the nearest weighbridge the driver decided that he was going to take his meal break and they had to wait the half hour to take him. Did you see that one? It was woman trainee you could the the blue epilettes when they were asking the driver for his licence. Sorry for the spelling of epillette btw

Ya I kno the one it's funny cos RTE are showing them again Mondays and Thursdays at 5.15 repeats. Wat were u at in Dub? :)

Advertisement