Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 2 - Band 2 (601-3100)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were taking on 3 batches this year; one in July, one in October and one in December. Also, the total number is supposed to be around 300. I'm open to correction though, have you heard it will be 150 in the summer?

:) I read in another threat, I think Archer said so... Hearsay :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I hope you will report anyone known to have cheated. Anyone who cheated and then told people they cheated are thick and also not suitable for this career.
    I also hope the find a lot of people out in next stage. A lot of dishonestly out there and I'm pretty sure there is plenty on this forum who cheated also and are giving themselves a pat on the back.
    I finished in top 500 and studied my nuts off for it.
    Serious flaws in the campaign however making it so easy for people to exploit it

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

Going to be very interesting to see how many get dropped off from stage 3. I predict, with a heavy heart that; not a lot will. I'd personally envisage 50 to 60 max.

I think the interview will be the toughest hurdle as the interview panel will be looking at a wider picture, not just logical/verbal scores.

I'm a reserve and am in and around the early 800's. I hope there's a good few reserves within the 600, would help me sleep at night a bit better..

In retrospect we (people in 601 to 3200) get to see what happens the 600 'guinea pigs'..which is an advantage we have. I for one am really interested in this whole process and how PAS and AGS roll out the entire recruitment...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Going to be very interesting to see how many get dropped off from stage 3. I predict, with a heavy heart that; not a lot will. I'd personally envisage 50 to 60 max.

I think the interview will be the toughest hurdle as the interview panel will be looking at a wider picture, not just logical/verbal scores.

I'm a reserve and am in and around the early 800's. I hope there's a good few reserves within the 600, would help me sleep at night a bit better..

In retrospect we (people in 601 to 3200) get to see what happens the 600 'guinea pigs'..which is an advantage we have. I for one am really interested in this whole process and how PAS and AGS roll out the entire recruitment...

I'm 6ft 4" and 16 stone, I'm certainly no 'guinea pig' lol... But you have a point in that you guys will know exactly what to expect once your time come around! Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I agree with you. I think PAS are keeping a lot quiet.
    I think a lot will be chopped! You can't judge a person by aptitude tests, certainly not their suitability to be a Garda. I've been through the interview before and believe me, they will spot any bull****ters a mile off. With such a large panel in place now, anyone they don't like the look of will be gone. Before they would have given them the benefit of the doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    What are ye feeling? Where do you think this leaves us realistically? Any opinions/views? Im still trying to get my head around the fact I passed but not exactly progressing!

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2014-01-15a.1540
    Would that help?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

I am sure there are quite a few people who have made it into the top 600 who are not fully set on a career in an garda siochana. Some will be employed already and now one step closer, will weigh up current position with what joining the gardai will entail and will decide they are happy enough where they are, others will have completed the on line tests from abroad and now having made the 600 may not be in a position to sit the exam in dublin and unfortunately there will be also a batch who cheated through the first two stages and will be exposed in the supervised exam so anyone outside the top 600, I would not give up hope of making it to stage 3 before the campaign draws to a close

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Devil08 wrote: »
    I hope you will report anyone known to have cheated.

I would hope so too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I am sure there are quite a few people who have made it into the top 600 who are not fully set on a career in an garda siochana. Some will be employed already and now one step closer, will weigh up current position with what joining the gardai will entail and will decide they are happy enough where they are, others will have completed the on line tests from abroad and now having made the 600 may not be in a position to sit the exam in dublin and unfortunately there will be also a batch who cheated through the first two stages and will be exposed in the supervised exam so anyone outside the top 600, I would not give up hope of making it to stage 3 before the campaign draws to a close

And some will be offered to go Templemore but will defer it for a year or 18 months and will be put to the end of the new panel and will be happy to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

D Trent wrote: »
    And some will be offered to go Templemore but will defer it for a year or 18 months and will be put to the end of the new panel and will be happy to do that

Would they be allow defer? I was always under the impression that if you were offered a place in templemore, it was on the understanding that you begin when they request you to begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Would they be allow defer? I was always under the impression that if you were offered a place in templemore, it was on the understanding that you begin when they request you to begin

I think you can.
    Reading on previous campaign posts some did defer for a few months til the next intake to templemore

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

If you get an offer grab it with both hands .God knows when it might come again

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

What is the chance of the pas releasing more information on our fate? Has anybody tried to get more information from them on this?

Not sure which thread to post but does anyone else think stage 3 will be cut much?
    None of us expected only 5000 out of 25000 to go through to stage 2 initially.
    Also we didnt expect 600 of 5000 only to get through to stage 3.
    (I know @ stage 1, 12k plus passed and 3100 did actually pass stage 2)
    Realistically where does it leave the 9 odd thousand that passed
    I dont want an argument just like to hear other people's opinions as my brain is bloody fried from thinking of diff scenarios.
    Finally best of luck to all doing stage 3 from tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Not sure which thread to post but does anyone else think stage 3 will be cut much?
    I dont want an argument just like to hear other people's opinions as my brain is bloody fried from thinking of diff scenarios.

Only 18,000 of the 25,000 actually completed stage 1 according to the Minister.

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2014-03-12a.384&s=garda+section%3Awrans

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

To begin, what is your own personal opinion on it all?

mycro89 wrote: »
    To begin, what is your own personal opinion on it all?

I dont really know to be honest, im somewhere in the middle of the 601-3100 so it would be a while yet if im to be called....if at all. I still find it hard because I worked so hard and am so disheartened. I have wanted this for 10 + years and I know of someone who got to and is doing stage 3 "for the craic" he doesnt even want to be a garda. How many more have wasted spaces like that. Just unfair. I hope the right candidates get the jobs and hopefully ill get there eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Well lads, just wondering are people trying to work on aptitude tests to try get an advantage in the hope that we get called or is there any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Well lads, just wondering are people trying to work on aptitude tests to try get an advantage in the hope that we get called or is there any point?

I wasn't holding out hope after the stage 2 results were made available and now that someone mentioned PAS said at the stage 3 assessment this week that they are only taking two batches of 105 (one now and another around October) instead of what was originally mentioned i.e. 250/300 recruits makes it even less so. I wouldn't bother practicing aptitude tests at the moment as it looks less likely that the 601-3,100 band will be delved into as quickly as some had hoped. Looks more likely that they won't be called until around this time next year in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

StevieF3 wrote: »

PAS said that the top 600 will be making up atleast two intakes this year and that 601 to 1200 will most def be brought into stage 3 after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

WilcoOut wrote: »
    PAS said that the top 600 will be making up atleast two intakes this year and that 601 to 1200 will most def be brought into stage 3 after

Will they get the right candidates from 1 to 600!?

When was that said?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

I suppose ye are right! Thanks anyway lads, they should have just let 700 odd in, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

they said they are quite confident of that today
    D Trent wrote: »
    When was that said?
    Thanks

this week during my stage 3 - every had the same presentation no?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 blake101

I'd be very surprised if they get 300 Guards from the 600. I don't think there is a job advertised anywhere that has a 2 to 1 interview success rate. Previous campaigns have been 5/6 to 1. Also, anyone that thinks an inductive/verbal reasoning test is indicative of intellect is probably challenged in that area themselves. Personally, I think the process is flawed. The interview is the only holistic method of assessing a candidate. Not sour grapes. Just an opinion.

blake101 wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if they get 300 Guards from the 600. I don't think there is a job advertised anywhere that has a 2 to 1 interview success rate. Previous campaigns have been 5/6 to 1. Also, anyone that thinks an inductive/verbal reasoning test is indicative of intellect is probably challenged in that area themselves. Personally, I think the process is flawed. The interview is the only holistic method of assessing a candidate. Not sour grapes. Just an opinion.

PSNI recruitment has no interview

they do fine without it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 blake101

Actually, their process is even better

"If an applicant passes the Initial Selection Test, they will be given an appointment to attend an Assessment Centre. The Assessment Centre consists of a number of different exercises (written, role plays and a situational interview)."

PSNI recruitment has no interview

they do fine without it

What's involved with the situational interview

blake101 wrote: »
    Actually, their process is even better

"If an applicant passes the Initial Selection Test, they will be given an appointment to attend an Assessment Centre. The Assessment Centre consists of a number of different exercises (written, role plays and a situational interview)."

its a very robust process

and fair

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 grdaHopeful

You do realise the pay is ****e (like €23k)?

Advertisement