Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 2 - Band 2 (601-3100)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

Same! Wonder when those who are successful in this group will be starting in Templemore? Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

Same! Didn't expect to hear anything until nearer the end of the year. Here goes the nervous waiting again!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

Same! Wonder when those who are successful in this group will be starting in Templemore? Christmas?

Based on the first group taking 4 months to get to stage 5, xmas is looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Many get called? Were ye in the 601 - 3000 bracket?? Good to see it progressing. 240 or so appear to have got to stage 5 so this should fill the July/Oct class. He should be looking at Dec/Jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Delighted they have taken next group

so glad its all behind me

easy peasy for yas! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

octigen wrote: »
    Many get called? Were ye in the 601 - 3000 bracket?? Good to see it progressing. 240 or so appear to have got to stage 5 so this should fill the July/Oct class. He should be looking at Dec/Jan.

They are calling up to 1192. Bit of an odd number.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

at least its moving

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

I have my tests on the 22nd of july, just wondering does anyone think ill be able to change the date, my sister is getting married abroad on the 21st and I know ill be able to come home and all, its just the lack of being able to properly study and being tired and all. Who would ye recommend I email?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

StevieF3 wrote: »
    I have my tests on the 22nd of july, just wondering does anyone think ill be able to change the date, my sister is getting married abroad on the 21st and I know ill be able to come home and all, its just the lack of being able to properly study and being tired and all. Who would ye recommend I email?

I am looking to change my date aswell because I also will be away and my date is the 16th, I have heard they dont but gonna email and see. Im also going to see is it possibly to swop days with somebody if changing the day doesnt work. Would the 16th if that was allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Im supposed to be flying out on the 16th but ya I could always change the date of my flight if that was possible. Would the 22nd suit you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 37 RonBurgundy73

This might be a long shot but anyway. Is there anyone out there who'd be in a position to swap testing dates with me, I have my test scheduled for Wednesday 23rd at 12.45. I'm looking for a change for anytime before Saturday 19th or anytime after Saturday 26th. I don't know if there are even tests scheduled past those dates.

I have a situation where it'll be difficult and expensive for me to be there for my date as it stands but I will if i have to be. I was an '08 panel member and I won't be missing this test one way or the other. But if anyone could facillitate a swap I'd be extremely grateful. PM me for more info if required or whatever. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Is it possible to just swap? Did HR confirm it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'm July the 11th. Had done my best to put this to the back of my mind, am sick with nerves now and massively depressed at the thought of looking at all those shapes again! Not holding out much hope, I'm feeling rather disheartened about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 RonBurgundy73

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Is it possible to just swap? Did HR confirm it like?

It said in the familiarisation material that a change of date may be possible in exceptional circumstances. And they said to me that if a date becomes available for a change that they'll consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

I have mine on the 16th and I have a holiday booked for that week.
    I would be over the moon if we could swap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Great to see them calling the next group forward. Best of luck in stage 3 lads, keep practicing the aptitude tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Great to see them calling the next group forward. Best of luck in stage 3 lads, keep practicing the aptitude tests.

When ye did stage 3 did they give ye a link to practise aptitude tests further? Didn't get chance to look through the info fully yet but couldn't see a link to practice the aptitude tests like stage stage 1 and stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

kev-bt wrote: »
    When ye did stage 3 did they give ye a link to practise aptitude tests further? Didn't get chance to look through the info fully yet but couldn't see a link to practice the aptitude tests like stage stage 1 and stage 2.

I don't think they did kev..
    I went back and used the link from stage 2 prep althou...the verbal practise exam has changed now on that site. It's much different and not what we were originally doing. Its not true falsr or cannot say. Try it anyway thou and see

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

kev-bt wrote: »

I don't remember if there were practice links for stage 3. The familiarisation material is gone now.
    Google for some free online tests. I took as many of the free ones that I could as practice. I found it helped me.

• Advertisement

Up tomorrow. Very nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Kablamo! wrote: »

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Are many of you travelling big distances for stage 3? ie coming from cork or Galway or further afield

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Kablamo! wrote: »

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

How are people practicing report writing? Or is everyone planning on winging it like myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Consy90

Best of luck to all going. I'm up their next wedsday. Travelling for east Galway. Nerves are shot...again

How are people practicing report writing? Or is everyone planning on winging it like myself...

Atm I'm just focusing on verbal reasoning and the inductive, haven't thought a huge amount about report writing

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

There is no need to worry lads......50% of the test is stuff you have aced already...The other 50% is the report writing and scenario based questions....I had never done report writing before I sat that test and I found it fine. Just get all the information you can on the sheet in a structured (ish) manner and you will be ok....I find the best way to do the report is getting all the information on a rough sheet in bullet points as you see/hear it coming...then when the clip is over build your report around the info you have written down...best of luck to everyone....

The waiting game starts here, for me anyway. Got talking to a few boards lurkers sitting the tests this morning, hope ye all got back to work alright!

• Advertisement

How did you lads find it today?

Advertisement