Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grange Rath Update - payment of service charges

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭IN-THE-KNOW

Please be aware that the ex-gardener who won his court case back in Oct 2014 received a lump sum this month and agreed payments will be paid monthly going forward until fully paid.

Quick update on the following;

2013 Financial Statement - complaint issued to the Auditor's accounting body and an investigation is being carried out on the incomplete and inconsistent accounts that were filed on the CRO.

Our agent - it was found out that the property manager was unlicensed to provide us with a service since they came on board, complaint issued to the governing body and an investigation is being carried out. In the meantime our agent has not provided us with an update on the property manager taking the role during this investigation as emails are not being answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Who is the complaint issued by?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

What emails are not being answered?

Who exactly is us?

• Advertisement

Sorry, again, but are "us" and who raised the questions to the auditors? How big is the group pushing this issue?

2013 Financial Statements - a number of questions have been put forward to the Auditors - waiting for updates.

Our agent has provided us with an update on the named property manager looking after our estate.

Should members have any queries on the latest updates, feel free to make contact yourself with the Directors/Agent/Auditors/Solicitors for further details.

Inspection of our company statutory records & registers took place this week and again the Directors/Agent have FAILED to have certain company records available for inspection.

Complaint will be issued to the governing body AGAIN!

Will you please answer earlier questions??

Who inspected? Who issues the complaints? Who writes all these letters etc? Because it's certainly not any of the residents I know.

Is it just you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Inspection of our company statutory records & registers took place this week and again the Directors/Agent have FAILED to have certain company records available for inspection.

Complaint will be issued to the governing body AGAIN!

Your entitled to see the members register. Not sure what else your demanding but as previously explained beyond that its very much director discretion.

Can't understand why your still doing this? If your that interested appoint new directors like yourself and get the company moving forward. You seem to have ample time to engage in fruitless searches for documents your probably not entitled to view. This is wasted effort and won't change anything.

• Advertisement

Directed at Lantus; every member is entitled (not demanding) by company law to inspect/obtain copies of the following company documentations and it's not under the discretion of the Directors, or the Agent, or the Auditors or even the company Solicitor to say yes or no. If this is what you have been told by certain individuals, feel free to carry out an investigation yourself by looking up the website or even contacting the ODCE yourself.

Each member is entitled to the following documents;
    1) Register of Members
    2) Register of Directors/Secretaries
    3) Register of Directors/Secretaries interest
    4) Inspection of minutes books

I'm an owner occupier of Grange Rath therefore I'm showing interest in the running of my company. I do not have to become a Director to show an interest. Please be reminded that since March 2013, certain promises were made by certain former/current Directors to move this company forward and instead what we members received at the recent AGM was incomplete and inconsistent accounts!!! Should you wish to hand over your hard earned service charges to these people - feel free.

Should you be interested in becoming a Director - feel free.

So is this all just you? Because I can't find anybody who knows anything about complaints, only people happy with the status quo.

I asked this 3 times without reply, which I find ominous.

Directed at Lantus; every member is entitled (not demanding) by company law to inspect/obtain copies of the following company documentations and it's not under the discretion of the Directors, or the Agent, or the Auditors or even the company Solicitor to say yes or no. If this is what you have been told by certain individuals, feel free to carry out an investigation yourself by looking up the website or even contacting the ODCE yourself.

Each member is entitled to the following documents;
    1) Register of Members
    2) Register of Directors/Secretaries
    3) Register of Directors/Secretaries interest
    4) Inspection of minutes books

I'm an owner occupier of Grange Rath therefore I'm showing interest in the running of my company. I do not have to become a Director to show an interest. Please be reminded that since March 2013, certain promises were made by certain former/current Directors to move this company forward and instead what we members received at the recent AGM was incomplete and inconsistent accounts!!! Should you wish to hand over your hard earned service charges to these people - feel free.

Should you be interested in becoming a Director - feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

You apply for the members register in writing from the company. The names of all the directors should be on every bit of written correspondence and can often be obtained from cro or solocheck for nothing or few quid at most. Not sure why you would even need to ask for this?

You should of had with your agm pack a number of statements and the last one will declare any relevant interests if any of the directors.

Minutes of agms is OK but I'm fairly sure minutes of director meetings are confidential. Again the best way to get these is by writing to the company. If after sending registered post you receive no response then contact odce.

Exception is directors interests and contracts with the omc which is not covered by company law as its in the mud act so odce don't enforce that.

So why do you want it? Do you suspect wrong doing? If so how will these documents help and what will they tell you?

Directed at Lantus; my company is legally bound to have these registers available to members should they wish to inspect them. If members were not entitled to have them, then they wouldn't be available.

You are correct, members are only entitled to have EGM/AGM minutes - not board/budget minutes. After carrying out the inspection, our company did not have 2004-2012 EGM/AGM minutes on file - that is illegal and by right the Secretary should ensure to have such items on file.

Our 2013 accounts are incomplete and inconsistent because certain information has not been published for example they do not want to advertise that we had 3 employees working for our company during the course of March 2013 - April 2014 - why I may ask??

You may ask.... But why would anyone give you an answer? You have failled to answer any questions anyone has asked you on this thread....

your a one man show as far as I can make out...

Again, PLEASE, who are the "we" you keep mentioning? I have asked several times but you seem to ignore the question.

Directed at in the know:
    who are you?
    What emails ?
    Member of what?
    Why are you having a lengthy one way conversation with yourself ?
    Why do you continue to update this thread and not just let it die?

No one is biting!!!
    Your on you own.

Some battles are not worth fighting...

Somethings not right here. Why not answer the legitimate questions?

Directed at In The Know.

Directed at in the know.... Do you know what a question is?

The company is not yours alone and I can't find any resident who has any issues like you describe. We don't have questions for the company. Only you seem to. Are there others that we aren't aware of who are unhappy?

Cut and paste
    Cut and paste
    Cut and paste

Ignore reality

Cut and paste
    Cut and paste
    Cut and paste

Continue...

• Advertisement

Why do you keep posting and deleting and reposting the same thing again when anybody responds?

Directed at Lantus; my company is legally bound to have these registers available to members should they wish to inspect them. If members were not entitled to have them, then they wouldn't be available.

You are correct, members are only entitled to have EGM/AGM minutes - not board/budget minutes. After carrying out the inspection, our company did not have 2004-2012 EGM/AGM minutes on file - that is illegal and by right the Secretary should ensure to have such items on file.

Our 2013 accounts are incomplete and inconsistent because certain information has not been published for example they do not want to advertise that we had 3 employees working for our company during the course of March 2013 - April 2014 - why I may ask??

Should any member have any questions about the above, feel free to carry out an investigation yourself or make contact with the Directors/Agent, Auditors directly.
    Who is the complaint issued by?
    Who exactly is us?
    Sorry, again, but are "us" and who raised the questions to the auditors? How big is the group pushing this issue?
    Will you please answer earlier questions??

Who inspected? Who issues the complaints? Who writes all these letters etc? Because it's certainly not any of the residents I know.

Is it just you?
    So is this all just you? Because I can't find anybody who knows anything about complaints, only people happy with the status quo.

I asked this 3 times without reply, which I find ominous.
    Again, PLEASE, who are the "we" you keep mentioning? I have asked several times but you seem to ignore the question.
    leonards wrote: »
    Directed at in the know:
    who are you?
    What emails ?
    Member of what?
    Why are you having a lengthy one way conversation with yourself ?
    Why do you continue to update this thread and not just let it die?

No one is biting!!!
    Your on you own.

Some battles are not worth fighting...
    Somethings not right here. Why not answer the legitimate questions?

Directed at In The Know.
    The company is not yours alone and I can't find any resident who has any issues like you describe. We don't have questions for the company. Only you seem to. Are there others that we aren't aware of who are unhappy?
    Why do you keep posting and deleting and reposting the same thing again when anybody responds?

I need to quote to show that this keeps moving. Re your post quoted; can you please answer the questions asked? Or what is the point of the thread if we can't discuss anything?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thread under review for permanent locking. Whatever initial usefulness it may have had has degraded into farce.

LEONARDS, SRAMEEN - shame on you both - you have been reported for cyberbullying - a cowards way to use intimidating/threatening behaviour towards one person.

Should any member have any questions about the above, feel free to carry out an investigation yourself or make contact with the Directors/Agent, Auditors directly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Annnnnnnnnnnnd that's a rap. The last few posts have quickened the decision, but this thread is done and dusted. I feel that some users may not understand how an internet discussion forum works and that if questions are asked multiple times without response, then it will naturally cause some frustration for the other people who have genuinely engaged in the thread. Just because a poster starts a thread, it doesn't mean they own it and can control how it progresses.

As regards the accusation of bullying, this is in my opinion entirely incorrect and again may be a case of certain posters not being familiar with healthy debate in an internet forum. That being said, no one has to answer any question they don't want too, but what is the point in keeping the thread open if all it is doing is promoting one posters cause, regardless of the merit of that cause?

Lastly, while the OP may have some genuine grievances over previous practices, the estate is looking good, with maintenance and grounds-keeping being kept up to date. There has been no company struck off the register to the best of my knowledge and the maintenance fees have slightly decreased.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement