Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Well here's a fact, the EgyptAir flight that went down, the demoted Captain had been told he would not fly when he returned home again, The suicide last Nov, another company issue.

How do you know what happened to these men in the days before the flight?

And by the way, nor is your speculation!

That the pilots or pilot may have gone rogue?....how is it not 'credible' if it isn't impossible, which it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flyA330

I wonder if the authorities had searched the homes and computers of these pilots to determine if a certain flight path or airport was practiced or referenced. It would help rule out the possibility of sabotage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Happyman42 wrote: »
    How do you know what happened to these men in the days before the flight?

That the pilots or pilot may have gone rogue?....how is it not 'credible' if it isn't impossible, which it isn't.

The investigations into both? I don't throw out rubbish on the forum. Well, every single thing I've responded to you I've provided more information why they wouldnt you a have not once provided information to the contrary and you can't because there is no evidence.
    I wonder if the authorities had searched the homes and computers of these pilots to determine if a certain flight path or airport was practiced or referenced

It's impossible to check such information unless it was saved, and I believe they have searched, although after initially saying they did they then denied and I believe they said the later because there was no evidence.

The investigations into both? I don't throw out rubbish on the forum. Well, every single thing I've responded to you I've provided more information why they wouldnt you a have not once provided information to the contrary and you can't because there is no evidence.

Are you saying the investigations are conclusive? What if they had kept it private?
    What 'more information'? That because there was mitigating circumstances on an Egypt Air flight that that applies to all flights and pilots? Can't you see how ridiculous that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

It's impossible to check such information unless it was saved, and I believe they have searched, although after initially saying they did they then denied and I believe they said the later because there was no evidence.

Are you saying they searched and later denied having searched? Or that they searched and confirmed no 'evidence' was found?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Are you saying the investigations are conclusive? What if they had kept it private?
    What 'more information'? That because there was mitigating circumstances on an Egypt Air flight that that applies to all flights and pilots? Can't you see how ridiculous that is?

Do something useful and read the report on EgyptAir 990. I'm not going to continue repeating myself for you. And can you see how ridiculous it is to blame it on suicide when you have no information to suggest such a thing!?
    Are you saying they searched and later denied having searched? Or that they searched and confirmed no 'evidence' was found?

They were asked were searches carried out they confirmed, then Malaysian police (I can't remember the date - a google should clarify) said they did not.

Do something useful and read the report on EgyptAir 990. I'm not going to continue repeating myself for you. And can you see how ridiculous it is to blame it on suicide when you have no information to suggest such a thing!?

But Jack, without being able to eliminate possible theories, we'd never be able to question anything! It's just a way of narrowing theories down.

They were asked were searches carried out they confirmed, then Malaysian police (I can't remember the date - a google should clarify) said they did not.

So do you now still believe everything they tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

sopretty wrote: »
    But Jack, without being able to eliminate possible theories, we'd never be able to question anything! It's just a way of narrowing theories down.

It's not eliminating a theory - it's making one up without any evidence. That leans more on conspiracy than investigation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

two iranians guys travelling with stolen passports, imo i wouldn't look any further than that

• Advertisement

Do me a favour and take on board what I am saying.

It was you who ruled out that it couldn't be the pilots on their own, you made this speculation based on hunches and looking at pictures.

All I am saying is 'you can't do that' at this stage. Everything is possible here unfortunately.

I can tell you, I personally have FSX and all the flight plans that I construct are saved in a folder. Also, it would be very simple for the authorities to research a google query. Simple stuff to help rule out but nothing was ever said about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Jack1985 takes two days off for attacking the poster not the post.

So that is the first ban who is next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ofcourse there's a chance it was the pilots. It's unlikely but basing your reasoning for it 100% definitely not being suicide on a statement saying 'he was a happy man and enjoying life' is no more credible than having no information.

People commit suicide for an infinite number of reasons and to suggest someone who is 'happy' wouldn't is a little ignorant.

It has it's place along with all the other theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

Some more info on the co-pilot - a devout religous man who prays 5 times a day at the local mosque

It's not eliminating a theory - it's making one up without any evidence. That leans more on conspiracy than investigation.

I disagree.

You don't go into a doctor and present with high blood pressure and get referred for an x-ray on your leg. You go into a doctor and you present with high blood pressure and various REASONABLE assumptions are ruled out one by one.

I see this situation as being no different.

A plane vanishes into the great blue yonder. You look at the most reasonable theories first, and eliminate those. Analogy - under severe stress, family history of high blood pressure, high salt intake reported by patient? None of those are present in the patient, so you have to extend the scope of investigation as to potential causes for the high blood pressure.

It's the same here.

In the absence of proof of anything, you have to stretch the old imagination!

irishmover wrote: »
    Ofcourse there's a chance it was the pilots. It's unlikely but basing your reasoning for it 100% definitely not being suicide on a statement saying 'he was a happy man and enjoying life' is no more credible than having no information.

People commit suicide for an infinite number of reasons and to suggest someone who is 'happy' wouldn't is a little ignorant.

It has it's place along with all the other theories.

Just for the record, I didn't 'blame' it on pilot suicide, I merely contested Jack's claim that it could be ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Well my theory is that some kind of decompression occurred and somehow transponder turned off in a confused state. Auto pilot continued to fly the plane and it ran out if fuel and crashed somewhere. No fuel and no major flames etc so that's why they haven't found it yet. Pilots may have thought they had it under control and then passed out before communication. Unlikely but not Impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

andy_g wrote: »

So that is the first ban who is next?

No need to be goading the rest of us just because you want to go on a little power trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this just gets weirder and weirder. if those phones were ringing out monday as was reported (was this ever confirmed???), this plane was landed somewhere.

why did it take 7 days for this info to come out though, it genuinly looks like MH knew nothing about it until now.

The way this was carried out, I think sabotage is the more likely before the suicide scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

relaxed wrote: »
    No need to be goading the rest of us just because you want to go on a little power trip.

Power hungry mods oh yes.

Off topic post week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

This still is speculation, isn't i?. It's based on satellite data which I have not seen as confirmed that it gave altitude info etc. I thought is just said that a ping was received.
    The WSJ said RR got info from the engines, but they had to correct that. While the NYT may be correct it's not a hard fact, or have I missed something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    This still is speculation, isn't i?. It's based on satellite data which I have not seen as confirmed that it gave altitude info etc. I thought is just said that a ping was received.
    The WSJ said RR got info from the engines, but they had to correct that. While the NYT may be correct it's not a hard fact, or have I missed something?
    Well one thing is for sure is that the malaysions arent gonna confirm anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It seems interesting that the flight went to 45,000 feet. At this altitude the plane could be in danger of falling out of the sky. It has been said that the plane fell 40,000 feet in a minute. Could explain why. You would think the pilot would be aware of this. Had they been forced to fly at this height? At this height would they avoid radar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

I find it odd that I am walking around with more satellite tracking than a 777. They should stick an iPhone on the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

It seems interesting that the flight went to 45,000 feet. At this altitude the plane could be in danger of falling out of the sky. It has been said that the plane fell 40,000 feet in a minute. Could explain why. You would think the pilot would be aware of this. Had they been forced to fly at this height? At this height would they avoid radar?

Does anyone know what potential damage, if any, an aircraft could experience flying above the limit at 45,000ft?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask.know it's here somewhere,but so many pages...anyone tell me the name of the journalist who first reported plane had flown on for four hours.think it was an aviation reporter,who had leaked information from r.r

"an unamed US official"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement