Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Hopefully it's just a technical glitch, and everyone's alright. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

SEPANG:Malaysia Airlines (MAS) confirms that flight MH370 has lost contact with Subang Air Traffic Control at 2.40am, Saturday.

In a statement issued by MAS, Flight MH370, operated on the B777-200 aircraft, departed Kuala Lumpur at 12.41am on 8 March 2014. MH370 was expected to land in Beijing at 6.30am the same day.

The flight was carrying a total number of 227 passengers (including 2 infants), 12 crewmembers.

Malaysia Airlines is currently working with the authorities who have activated their Search and Rescue team to locate the aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

They were due to land 2 hours 15 mins ago and lost contact over 4 hours ago. This does not look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Fearing the worst here. Aircraft appears to have been missing for some hours and news is only reaching the media now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Aircraft was 9M-MRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

You'd have to fear the worst at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Kavs8

Look's like it did not get far from Kuala Lumpur, FR24 detected it as landed 39 mins after departure and have a look at this flightaware picture - http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370

The flight if still airborne would have out-flown Beijing by 2hrs 45mins now, well outside reserves.

It looks like the worst has happened. :(

MH370 never entered China Airspace, nor made Contact with Beijing.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

9M-MRO wouldn't be the oldest in their fleet. Only 12 years old!

• Advertisement

EI-DOR wrote: »
    9M-MRO wouldn't be the oldest in their fleet. Only 12 years old!

Indeed, quite young I believe It was involved in incident with a China Airlines flight a few years back, both aircraft contacted each other taxiing.

FlightAware have said the last recorded information shows the aircraft at 35,000ft and 468kts, information was then lost, approx 20 minutes after departure from KUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

really doesnt look good at this stage. young aircraft too. hope the worst hasnt happened

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

My god, does not sound good. Here's hoping folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Social media starting to come alive on this now. One would have to expect the worst possible outcome at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭jescart

I know the cause of complete hull losses and fatal air tragedies can depends on a huge number of factors, but would I be correct in saying they would be one of the safer airlines to fly with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

jescart wrote: »
    I know the cause of complete hull losses and fatal air tragedies can depends on a huge number of factors, but would I be correct in saying they would be one of the safer airlines to fly with?

As opposed to who?

fussyonion wrote: »
    As opposed to who?

I would assume he is referring to the appalling safety records of airlines in Indonesia, however Malaysia Airlines have a very good safety record - A very well established reputable airline.

fussyonion wrote: »
    As opposed to who?

Smart ass :rolleyes: are you implying that all airlines in the world have maintained identical safety records (hull loss incidents, fatalities, etc ) throughout history? Of course there's the concept of an unsafe airline, a simple Google search will give you the names

I don't want to throw this out there as confirmed, but it is promising, a Malaysian journo has tweeted, ''Landed in Nan Ming - cockpit electronics malfunction''

Let's hope to god this is true!

Update - Malaysia Airlines have begun informing families that there is almost no hope for those on board. Devastating news. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

Journalists and aviation just don't mix :mad:

• Advertisement

FR24 have posted the last recorded image over the Gulf of Thailand - Radar contact was then lost at 17:19 UTC at that position, they didn't release this information for quite a long period, which may sound unusual but is understandable unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

9:30am - (UNOFFICIAL) Flight MH370 has resurfaced and landed safely in Nanming, China. Early reports say that the aircraft had experienced a cockpit electronics malfunction.

As of this moment, the flight crew and all 239 passengers onboard are believed to be unharmed as some of the crew has already informed their families of their safety.

More updates to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,665 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Could not have landed by that last radar reading

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It was over land. Inside china when it went missing. Don't mind flight radar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

This is so annoying.

One minute its landed and the next its missing.

And even if it did land why did it take six hours to get there???

Please remember after an Embraer Regional jet went missing a few years back we had reports of it landing safely, it crashed - People are using new sources frankly I wouldn't allow research a birthday date and then putting it out as clear fact, everything is unconfirmed and as I tried to do and as should everyone is state that it is unconfirmed, don't state something which even the AIRLINE does not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Chinese official confirm that MH370 never entered Chinese airspace

Malaysian digest seems to be the only site reporting the landing, strange how they (and passengers families apparently) would know before the airline itself. Absolutely sick, disgusting joke if it's false info

• Advertisement

The MD of Malaysia Airlines has apparently told the press, reports of it landing are untrue, has said Chinese Authorities would have confirmed this as the aircraft has been missing for over 8 hours now, he said Chinese Authorities did not pick it up on radar after Vietnamese ATC contacted them notifying them of the missing aircraft. 13 different nationalities on-board.

Airline has said it wants families to contact them as they will have immediate information and are disappointed to see recent media speculation.

As has been said, journo's and aviation do not mix. :(

Advertisement